All the movies to date whats your top 3 scenes?

yoda

Sith Lord
I am not sure if this has been discussed before. But from all the movies to date is there any 3 scenes or characters that really stands out for you in the movies so far or even planets.
If I had 3 at the moment to date it would be.

ANH When Obi Wan shows Luke his fathers Light Saber for the first time. I remember thinking this is amazing wondering what it could do. And then Leias hologram appearing asking for help I knew then this was totally different from anything I had ever seen before.

ESB Lukes duel with Vader resulting in losing his hand and Vader revelling that he was his father.

TFA Seeing the Falcon again the whole build up it still raises the hairs on the back of my neck when she comes into view.

ANH A close one also for me to include is Luke believing in the force and turning of his targeting system when doing his final run on the Death Star.

Of all the Characters I cant look past Vader seeing him for the first time. The sheer fear he would put in me and he was so remorseless no one stood in his way. The first time seeing him use his power to choke someone without touching them.

Chewbacca wondering who this large mysterious hairy breast was with no fear. He always seemed calm until risen, totally dependable and was someone you would love as a friend.

And Chirrut there was something about him I liked. When he was almost in a chant like prayer willing the Force to him. Knowing of the ancient practice and it was more or less extinct and others thinking he was crazy.

Or maybe its not possible to pick certain scenes or characters because there are so many which makes it so special to us above any other movies. I can't put my finger on it myself but I know nothing I have ever watched since or a doubt in the future will ever make such an imprint on me like Star Wars.

Richard_H

Grand Master
1. Echo Base assault is a stunning scene. Never get tired of it.
2. Vader's entrance on the Tantive IV. Fantastic.
3. This one would probably change by the day. There are scenes that I like from all 8 movies. Today, I'm going to go with the speeder bike chase on endor. Great cinematography.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Esb: Carbon Chamber scene....the way the music builds up is awesome

jedi: death star battle

Rogue one: last 4mins.....nuff said

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Original Trilogy

01: "Sister, so you have a twin sister...."
02: "Luke's just not a farmer Owen, he has to much of his father in him...."
03: "Begin retreating, fall back! fall back!"

Post Original Trilogy

01: "The garbage will do...."
02: "I have been fighting the Empire since I was 6 years old"
03: Republic credits are no good here, I need something more real..."

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Scenes

1. Battle of Hoth - Just blew me away as a kid. Lost some wow factor as I grew up, but remains the iconic scene of the franchise for me.
2. Maul vs Obi-Wan vs Qui-Gon - We saw some awesome lightsaber fights over the years, but this one was the first to show just how amazing saber fight choreography could be. It holds up as just an amazing scene, in a movie that doesn't have enough of them.
3. Cantina Scene - Yes, the Star Destroyer, lightsabers, laser battles, etc., made their mark on me, but they were all variations on other space battle movies. The Cantina is the first, and as far as I can think right now, to have an actual bar, serving alcohol, in a kid movie. But beyond just being a bar, the wow factor of so many alien species, the confrontation with Walrusman, introduction to Han and Chewie, and ending it with the Greedo scene was several moments of pure eye candy.

Characters

1. Darth Vader - Undisputed #1. As a kid, I aspired to be Han Solo, but from my teens to today, no character enthralls me like Vader.
2. Han Solo - He was my hero as a kid. I'd argue with my mother when ESB came out that I would name my son Han.
3. Emperor - I had a really hard time thinking of a #3. No other character really seemed to stand out over others. I went from obvious ones like Luke and Yoda to fringe characters like IG-88, but in the end, the Emperor was just such a cool villain in ROTJ, making Vader realistically look like a lesser threat. Then I thought of Ian McDiarmid's over the top performance in ROTS, and I just had to pick him.

Ian

x-pack

Grand Master
So many, but three ...hmmm

1. Mos Eisley from ANH. The Cantina bar scene, but not the remastered version with extra aliens :roll: I get bored of ANH after they escape Mos Eisley

2. Jabba's palace, Leia setting Han free. I always wonder how the rebellion got hold of that Boushh outfit/what the origins of it were. Possibly my favourite character and figure.

3. ROTJ, the fight between Luke and Vader. Epic scene with great style.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
x-pack said:
So many, but three ...hmmm

1. Mos Eisley from ANH. The Cantina bar scene, but not the remastered version with extra aliens :roll: I get bored of ANH after they escape Mos Eisley

2. Jabba's palace, Leia setting Han free. I always wonder how the rebellion got hold of that Boushh outfit/what the origins of it were. Possibly my favourite character and figure.

3. ROTJ, the fight between Luke and Vader. Epic scene with great style.

Ha ha, you saved me typing. Exactly what I was thinking. I love moment the alien pops up in the Cantina with the crazy music. I love all the creepy characters laughing in Jabba's palace when Leia and Han get busted. The music in the final throne room fight when Luke loses it is perfect. Serious Star Wars magic!

stormcab

Sith Lord
Cor bloody hard

I want to say

- rebel fleet arriving from hyperspace in ROTJ, right to "It's a trap" and 100s of TIE fighters just appearing. Just WOW.
-AT-ATs, nuff said
-strangely drawn to the pod-race

however, I'll go with my first
-rebel fleet......
then 2 really emotional scenes for me
-medal ceremony
-Yoda raising the X-Wing and ending with "I don't believe it"......."that is why you failed" BOOM

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I must have re-written this list a dozen times... I'm going to plump for these three (in no particular order) that I will want to edit and revise the moment I click to post them:

- Qui Gon and Obi Wan lightsaber battle with Darth Maul. The music, the choreography... despite so much of the rest of the film being, well, not that great, this alone makes it worth watching again and again. Its actually my favourite lightsaber usage in any film.

- The 'Luke Gunner' scene and most importantly the line "Great Kid! Don't get cocky"... from hero to reality in a moment and real reminder that winning a battle doesn't win a war.

- Battle of Hoth and most particularly the imperial walkers on the north ridge moment. The juxtaposition of men on the ground with these newly seen giant metal war machines, that in turn mean our hero takes to the sky over the ice to battle them head on... Brilliant!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
SAVORY100 said:
I must have re-written this list a dozen times... I'm going to plump for these three (in no particular order) that I will want to edit and revise the moment I click to post them:

- Qui Gon and Obi Wan lightsaber battle with Darth Maul. The music, the choreography... despite so much of the rest of the film being, well, not that great, this alone makes it worth watching again and again. Its actually my favourite lightsaber usage in any film.

- The 'Luke Gunner' scene and most importantly the line "Great Kid! Don't get cocky"... from hero to reality in a moment and real reminder that winning a battle doesn't win a war.

- Battle of Hoth and most particularly the imperial walkers on the north ridge moment. The juxtaposition of men on the ground with these newly seen giant metal war machines, that in turn mean our hero takes to the sky over the ice to battle them head on... Brilliant!

Yeah forgot about the Darth Maul light saber battle, it's up there for me as well. Especially when OB1 fights him on his own. 8)

x-pack

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
SAVORY100 said:

Yeah forgot about the Darth Maul light saber battle, it's up there for me as well. Especially when OB1 fights him on his own. 8)

Good call. Considering it's the worst film by far that is one of the best scenes 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom