Does anyone else think Plinkett is way off?

Palifan

Sith Lord
I do quite like this reviewer and find he talks a lot of sense in amongst his crazy rants but I feel he's a bit off the mark with this one -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJgfxlgUIZY

Rogue One certainly isn't perfect and the Jyn rallying the troops unsuccessfully to war isn't the best of dialogue and acting in the film (not to mention the music I seem to remember at this point), but it's really all far from bad. Also I'm not sure I can get onboard with saying it wouldn't work if it wasn't Star Wars. I can hear what he's saying but the end of the day it is Star Wars and this film really is for the fans and people who have some idea about what's going on.

Any thoughts?

Ian

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
He loves Star Trek.

Everyone seems to ignore that he is still embedded in the Wars vs Trek war.

He has also found that his most successful gimmick is to slag off Star Wars. Expect them to be for every film regardless if they are good or not because that's how he gets digital ego 'likes' and subscribe.

I could go on but there are far better critiques of Star Wars than him. His is very tabloid I feel.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yeah saw this earlier today... I love his videos. The prequel ones are dead good but didn't agree with this one. I've only seen Rogue One once but enjoyed every minute of it, to me that means it's a good film. Watched Mark Kermodes review straight after and that made more sense to me. There's been so much analysis of this film but the long and the short of it is- we're not kids anymore. Stop over analysing everything. Plinkett's prequel videos were spot as the prequels were so dissappointing, Rogue One is a million miles away from ep1-3 and doesn't deserve such a kicking. Get over it Plinkett!!!

Palifan

Sith Lord
Darth Bobby said:
Yeah saw this earlier today... I love his videos. The prequel ones are dead good but didn't agree with this one. I've only seen Rogue One once but enjoyed every minute of it, to me that means it's a good film. Watched Mark Kermodes review straight after and that made more sense to me. There's been so much analysis of this film but the long and the short of it is- we're not kids anymore. Stop over analysing everything. Plinkett's prequel videos were spot as the prequels were so dissappointing, Rogue One is a million miles away from ep1-3 and doesn't deserve such a kicking. Get over it Plinkett!!!

I agree all the way with this, nicely put!

Ian

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Feels like he believes his own hype and therefore can't be honest or even mildly kind towards a decent film as it just won't maintain his image

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Yep I thought he was miles off, the half in the bag review just focuses on tiny aspects of fan service like having r2 and 3po in it, like that somehow ruins the movie. His plinket review isn't much better and tries to slag it off for not having enough exposition. It's a star wars movie, we know what the death star is!

I was very surprised as he gave a good review for tfa and judging by our recent poll, most people are of the opinion that R1 is the better film.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom