Will We See Vader's Castle In Ep VIII? *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Franky-Wan-Kenobi

So after the introduction of Vader's castle on Mustafar in Rogue One I was left pondering on this topic. The castle was initially part of the episode seven concept art, which was rejected and then recycled for Rogue One. Initially it would have served as a forward command base for the resistance - which I'm personally glad that they did reject. In the RO visual dictionary it claims that some parts of the castle are not 'yet' seen, which presents the possibility that we will see this later on. In terms of contribution to the plot I think it will definitely help to develop Kylo Rens obsession with Vader. It is also built over a sith temple or more an important sith place so that influence on Kylo Ren's training could help him develop. Also Snoke says to general Hux at the end of TFA "Leave the base at once and come to me with Kylo Ren, it is time, to complete his training." So will Snoke be living in Vader's castle? If so why? One explanation is that Snoke is Vaneé (Vader's servant in RO). This would make sense as he would know the castle well and all of the sith artefacts there (supposing there are any) and so could teach Kylo from them. Plus it is clear that Vaneé is not a sith neither is Snoke. It is implied but never explicitly stated that he is force sensitive, being referred to as 'wise' but not powerful. Infact Han says that Snoke is using Kylo for his power. This may show that he isn't force sensitive at all. Finally Vaneé is somewhat compatible to Yupe Tashu from 'Aftermath'. Yupe worships and pursues the Dark side and the sith but has no actual force abilities, being one of the emporers advisers.
Thoughts?

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Those castle ideas make sense yeah.

I'm not so sure on the servant bloke being Snoke. This guy seems like Vader's carer. He'll have gone through quite a bit of social climbing to get to be bigshot leader. Wouldn't they have made his voice similar?

Franky-Wan-Kenobi

I agree but it is something to cover because although it's highly improbable someone was going to say it so I thought I might as well.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Was Vaders castle definitely on Mustafar in Rogue 1 or just another volcanic planet? It doesn't say where it is in Rogue 1 and in Episode 7 if Jakku had never been mentioned everyone would have assumed it was Tatooine.

I really hope it was Mustafar and we see it in Episode 8. :D

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
Was Vaders castle definitely on Mustafar in Rogue 1 or just another volcanic planet? It doesn't say where it is in Rogue 1 and in Episode 7 if Jakku had never been mentioned everyone would have assumed it was Tatooine.

I really hope it was Mustafar and we see it in Episode 8. :D

Fair point, I had made the assumption, but agree I would've assumed Jakku to be Tattoine

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
I believe Pablo Hidalgo on his twitter feed agreed it was Mustafar.

worth following him as he does answer the big questions.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I was waiting for someone to answer with a post like this. :lol:

Makes sense, I read somewhere that the back story is The Emperor wanted Vader to spend time on Mustafar to feed his anger as it was where bad things happened to him.

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
Vader will have his fairy castle, that's for sure.... :lol:
1228545-bigthumbnail.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom