Cast Line-up For Han Solo Movie.

Leemcl

Jedi Master
Saw the picture on the BBC. For me, depressing to see. I get that for younger audiences it might not be an issue. But for me. It's wrong. Han Solo is Harrison Ford. End of.

Go create new characters and new adventures and leave somethings alone.

It's not king Lear or Hamlet where the part is bigger than any actor. It's one of those parts that the actor makes the role.

Just about got away with Kirk without Shatner, just about !

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Spot on there, new generations of fans will not be as precious as us old hands.

It's all about personal preference, I fully get the Ford is Han argument, and that will always be the case for many, but my perspective is to take the new films for what they are, not to judge them comparatively but in their own right, after all we are being treated to new Star Wars experiences, that has to be a bonus. :D

x-pack

Grand Master
We'll see. They've done good so far. I'm more interested in the lando portrayal. Wonder if the actor can pull off that amount of cool.

Leemcl

Jedi Master
indianawars said:
The sad fact is, Disney will forget about pleasing us old fogies, and focus mainly on the new Star Wars generation. Might as well get use to it :(

I suspect those of us from a certain generation are the key audience in terms of generating revenue for this project.

Guess waiting to see what happens is the best thing to do !

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Not sure what to make of that line-up... I'm not even sure if I care.

Of course Harrison Ford is indeed Han Solo, but he's also Indiana.. and a host of other big movie, big characters. His role as Han and Indy was in a specific time period in that characters life. I always thought that River Phoenix playing young Indiana Jones was very successful. It was far enough divorced from the timeline to be a success and I think this will be too.

Oddly Lando is possibly more tricky, maybe because Billy Dee was Lando and never really anyone else of note to diffuse the matter as much.

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
SAVORY100 said:

Of course Harrison Ford is indeed Han Solo, but he's also Indiana.. and a host of other big movie, big characters. His role as Han and Indy was in a specific time period in that characters life. I always thought that River Phoenix playing young Indiana Jones was very successful. It was far enough divorced from the timeline to be a success and I think this will be too.

Oddly Lando is possibly more tricky, maybe because Billy Dee was Lando and never really anyone else of note to diffuse the matter as much.

What about Anthony Ingruber as young Ford? He did play an acceptable role in Age of Adeline as a young Harrison... :roll:
anthony-ingruber-age-of-adaline.png

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Mr. Tie said:
SAVORY100 said:

What about Anthony Ingruber as young Ford? He did play an acceptable role in Age of Adeline as a young Harrison... :roll:
anthony-ingruber-age-of-adaline.png

Not seen it, not sure what you mean

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
"Not seen it, not sure what you mean"

It's a weird story about a woman that got struck by lightning and never ages since. She falls in love with the son of Harrison, but Harrison recognizes her as Adeline, the woman he once loved but could not love him because of the fact she never ages. Pretty good movie... :D

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
I'm slowly warming to the idea of a new Han Solo film. The death of Carrie Fisher has given me a bit of perspective... Us humans don't last forever, we age, but movies don't. Rogue One showed us a movie 'before' the '77 Star Wars, literally minutes before, and I loved it. A great entertaining film, and worthy of the saga.

I'm going into this film with an open mind, I wont prejudge or take negative baggage into the screening with me - let's all give it a chance.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Mr. Tie said:
"Not seen it, not sure what you mean"

It's a weird story about a woman that got struck by lightning and never ages since. She falls in love with the son of Harrison, but Harrison recognizes her as Adeline, the woman he once loved but could not love him because of the fact she never ages. Pretty good movie... :D

Cool beans, I'll add it to the 'need to watch' list :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom