Header image

Cast Line-up For Han Solo Movie.

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
indianawars
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Cast Line-up For Han Solo Movie.

Postby indianawars » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:34 pm

I saw this on starwars.com It'll be interesting, that's for sure.

http://www.starwars.com/news/han-solo-smuggler-scoundrel-hero-new-star-wars-story-begins
Last edited by indianawars on Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leemcl
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Re: Cast Lineup For Han Solo Movie.

Postby Leemcl » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:34 pm

Saw the picture on the BBC. For me, depressing to see. I get that for younger audiences it might not be an issue. But for me. It's wrong. Han Solo is Harrison Ford. End of.

Go create new characters and new adventures and leave somethings alone.

It's not king Lear or Hamlet where the part is bigger than any actor. It's one of those parts that the actor makes the role.

Just about got away with Kirk without Shatner, just about !

indianawars
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby indianawars » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:02 pm

The sad fact is, Disney will forget about pleasing us old fogies, and focus mainly on the new Star Wars generation. Might as well get use to it :(

Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Michael Sith » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:11 pm

Spot on there, new generations of fans will not be as precious as us old hands.

It's all about personal preference, I fully get the Ford is Han argument, and that will always be the case for many, but my perspective is to take the new films for what they are, not to judge them comparatively but in their own right, after all we are being treated to new Star Wars experiences, that has to be a bonus. :D
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

x-pack
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby x-pack » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:12 pm

We'll see. They've done good so far. I'm more interested in the lando portrayal. Wonder if the actor can pull off that amount of cool.

Leemcl
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Leemcl » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:10 am

indianawars wrote:The sad fact is, Disney will forget about pleasing us old fogies, and focus mainly on the new Star Wars generation. Might as well get use to it :(

I suspect those of us from a certain generation are the key audience in terms of generating revenue for this project.

Guess waiting to see what happens is the best thing to do !

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:43 am

Not sure what to make of that line-up... I'm not even sure if I care.

Of course Harrison Ford is indeed Han Solo, but he's also Indiana.. and a host of other big movie, big characters. His role as Han and Indy was in a specific time period in that characters life. I always thought that River Phoenix playing young Indiana Jones was very successful. It was far enough divorced from the timeline to be a success and I think this will be too.

Oddly Lando is possibly more tricky, maybe because Billy Dee was Lando and never really anyone else of note to diffuse the matter as much.
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

Mr. Tie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Mr. Tie » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:33 pm

SAVORY100 wrote:Not sure what to make of that line-up... I'm not even sure if I care.

Of course Harrison Ford is indeed Han Solo, but he's also Indiana.. and a host of other big movie, big characters. His role as Han and Indy was in a specific time period in that characters life. I always thought that River Phoenix playing young Indiana Jones was very successful. It was far enough divorced from the timeline to be a success and I think this will be too.

Oddly Lando is possibly more tricky, maybe because Billy Dee was Lando and never really anyone else of note to diffuse the matter as much.

What about Anthony Ingruber as young Ford? He did play an acceptable role in Age of Adeline as a young Harrison... :roll:
“Would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?!”

http://i.giphy.com/jpmSERAYR23YI.gif

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:16 am

Mr. Tie wrote:
SAVORY100 wrote:Not sure what to make of that line-up... I'm not even sure if I care.

What about Anthony Ingruber as young Ford? He did play an acceptable role in Age of Adeline as a young Harrison... :roll:

Not seen it, not sure what you mean

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

Mr. Tie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Mr. Tie » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:43 pm

"Not seen it, not sure what you mean"

It's a weird story about a woman that got struck by lightning and never ages since. She falls in love with the son of Harrison, but Harrison recognizes her as Adeline, the woman he once loved but could not love him because of the fact she never ages. Pretty good movie... :D
“Would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?!”

http://i.giphy.com/jpmSERAYR23YI.gif

Bonsai_Tree_Ent
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Bonsai_Tree_Ent » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:26 pm

I'm slowly warming to the idea of a new Han Solo film. The death of Carrie Fisher has given me a bit of perspective... Us humans don't last forever, we age, but movies don't. Rogue One showed us a movie 'before' the '77 Star Wars, literally minutes before, and I loved it. A great entertaining film, and worthy of the saga.

I'm going into this film with an open mind, I wont prejudge or take negative baggage into the screening with me - let's all give it a chance.

mumbo
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mumbo » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:36 pm

Not a fan of Game of Thrones but I am a fan of Emilia Clarke :P
If its Luke Jedi then I'm interested, vintage or modern.

My feedback - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13324

My Focus collection - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14401

indianawars
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby indianawars » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:19 am

I think Anthony Ingruber could pull this off after watching Age of Adeline last night with the wife.

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:12 pm

Mr. Tie wrote:"Not seen it, not sure what you mean"

It's a weird story about a woman that got struck by lightning and never ages since. She falls in love with the son of Harrison, but Harrison recognizes her as Adeline, the woman he once loved but could not love him because of the fact she never ages. Pretty good movie... :D

Cool beans, I'll add it to the 'need to watch' list :D

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

Return to “Star Wars Films”