Rogue one what do you think ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi guys what do you think about the new vehicles, characters, species, weapons etc. etc. in Rogue One that we have not seen in any of the other
star wars movies ? and did something happen that changed what you thought about the other star wars movies ?

I think the U-Wings was not my cup of tea :(

I always thought Leia was the leader of the rebel alliance until return of the jedi where mon mothma was the new leader. After I saw here in rogue one, then I did not understand why we did not see her in a new hope and the empire strikes back :? and now I understand it as mon mothma was always the leader and leia was just an commander :?

We saw some Mon Calamari ships and species in the rebel alliance in Rogue one but we first see them again in return of the jedi, why :?

I really loved the Hammerhead Corvettes, cool ships 8)

I like the black stormtroopers also called Death Troopers 8)

The new AT-ACT was also cool, looked a lot like the AT-AT, but a cool idea about makeing a hole in it for transport of heavy items 8)

Spookedhippie

Sith Lord
I've been thinking about the ship situation and having rematches rogue one several times i think I have it...the ships that's jump to light speed before Vader appears are X wings and I'm presuming some y wings. The rest get obliterated by Vader. For the, to get more ships is going to take a lot of doing and a lot of time, hence why we don't see them again till Jedi...

As for mothma I imagine she's having to play politician in anh to try and keep the alliance together, remember most of them didn't want to fight and yet there's been a huge battle!

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Loved it, like the darker feel to it

K 2SO was a great character and I really liked the character Cirrut Imwe, cool that he was shown as a believer in the force but not in the same fashion we are used to with Jedi.
Like the nod to the cantina characters, need to watch it another 26 times though :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Spookedhippie said:
I've been thinking about the ship situation and having rematches rogue one several times i think I have it...the ships that's jump to light speed before Vader appears are X wings and I'm presuming some y wings. The rest get obliterated by Vader. For the, to get more ships is going to take a lot of doing and a lot of time, hence why we don't see them again till Jedi...

As for mothma I imagine she's having to play politician in anh to try and keep the alliance together, remember most of them didn't want to fight and yet there's been a huge battle!

I have not checked the movie that much about which ships that survive. But I found this link about the battle maybe that can help :D

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Scarif

Maybe you are right about mon mothma :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Michael Sith said:
Loved it, like the darker feel to it

K 2SO was a great character and I really liked the character Cirrut Imwe, cool that he was shown as a believer in the force but not in the same fashion we are used to with Jedi.
Like the nod to the cantina characters, need to watch it another 26 times though :lol:

Yes K2SO was great I also loved him, also the first time I remember we saw that droid variant :D

Cirrut was also great and also some times funny :D

I also loved the darker feel in this movie and I hope this will not be last movie with vader or tarkin :D

only 26 times ? :lol:

Sinniberg

Padawan
For me, Rogue one took Star Wars to another level and is worthy to sit alongside the original trilogy.

The grittiness was perfect and I simply loved the new characters like K2SO, the Hover Tank Pilot, AT-ACT Drivers and Death Troopers.

The landscapes(Jedha,Scarif etc), planet scenes(Wobani etc) and Scarif battle scenes were sublime.

The trailers(after watching them like 1 million times :lol: ) still gives me goose bumps.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I watched it at home over the weekend, I only saw it once in the cinema so this was my second viewing. I thought it was OK, some good bits and some not-so-good bits. Nothing will ever rival the OT for me.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I find very little to like about it. I get little spark from the characters and I find the CGI characters quite terrible to the point of being a deal-breaker.

I'm actually quite jealous of my fellow middle-aged fans who love it.

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
edd_jedi said:
I watched it at home over the weekend, I only saw it once in the cinema so this was my second viewing. I thought it was OK, some good bits and some not-so-good bits. Nothing will ever rival the OT for me.
I agree! 8)

CaptainAntilles

Padawan
i liked it , not as good as the originals but way better than TFA . Agree about the CGI it looks **** and i think they missed a trick by not having the emperor make an appearance . that aside its a pretty enjoyable film

afsupplies

Padawan
I loved it.
Not a fan of the U-wing, looks too much like Buck Rogers' Starfighter! I see the need for a troop transport for the rebels which isn't as big as the ones used on Hoth but I don't like the final design.
Also not keen on the new TIE fighter thing, seemed a bit pointless to me.
Everything else was spot on I think, from costumes to weapons to sets.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I thought it was great, everything I wanted in a new Star Wars film. A story submerged in the rule of the empire not held down to the Skywaker family. Certainly prefer it to TFA, but it doesn't break into my top 3.

One thing I have noticed with both post Geaorge Lucas films I've not been that bothered about the DVD release and watching them at home, think it's more to do with getting older than anything else. Watched both films 3 times at the cinema and have been suprised how I've not been that bothered with watching them at home. :?

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Ticks all the boxes for me. Sure, I can find fault in it, I can find fault in all the the OT too.
It has a great character mix at its core Jyn and Chirrut Imwe really hitting the high notes.
The worst elements of acting are the (Bafta nominated :shock: ) English chap that gets killed right at the start and of course some of the CGI acting.. but seriously, that's really looking for flaws.
The story is spot on for me too.
I saw it 7 times at the cinema and have now watched it twice on Blu Ray and also on my laptop while travelling, it hasn't diminished my enjoyment of it at all. So much better than TFA on all levels IMO and gives me great anticipation and interest for the other stand alone films yet to come.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
The size of the rebellion doesn't fit with the OT. Hell, same with the Empire. They throw the full arsenal at an attempt to steal the Death Star plans but when our heroes attempt to actually destroy the effing thing a few days later, they send out a dozen or so TIE Fighters to protect it.

It suffers that prequal problem where, being effectively sequels, everything has to be bigger and better regardless of whether it makes sense.

Also, it seriously undermines that Luke was so special that he used magic to carry out a near impossible task. Nah, the flaw was made available to him on purpose.

But, hey ho, that's Star Wars for you; removing any Fairy Tale element from that original film since 1980. :wink:

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Just an OK film for me - way, way too many nods and fan service squeezed into a 2 hour film, pretty **** CGI as well - just compare 1983 Ackbar to 2016 shitty Ackbar type character!

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Definately the best Star Wars since the OT days. I thought it was well made, and well acted for the most part. It actually felt like Star Wars whilst watching :) And we have the added bonus of Felicity Jones :D she has got a great body :lol:

stormcab

Sith Lord
Watched it for the 2nd time. Got the BluRay in, told the missus Donnie Yen was in it to get her to watch it with me. I was a bigger fan of this than TFA. It's an interesting thing to watch something like this with someone who doesn't bring all the nostalgic baggage we bring along to judge it. I had to explain a few details as we watched, and pointed out all the continuous nods and cameos from the OT, but she was hooked. Then came the space battle. She was sitting leaning forward on the couch and I was leaning back when the fleet does that mind-blowing hyperspace jump. She turned her head slowly to me, not saying a word, and I just nodded as if to say "oh yes".

I found a cut of just the space battle on Youtube, and I have to admit rewatching the jump about 50 times. Gotta be one of the most awesome scenes in movie history. Oh and the music perfectly cutting in the second X-wing drops out - pure SEX!! :D

[youtube]RIftKRavXCg[/youtube]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom