Header image

Rogue one what do you think ?

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
db94
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Rogue one what do you think ?

Postby db94 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:10 pm

Just an OK film for me - way, way too many nods and fan service squeezed into a 2 hour film, pretty shit CGI as well - just compare 1983 Ackbar to 2016 shitty Ackbar type character!
My vintage/modern collection viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14191

_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby _Lee_ » Thu May 18, 2017 6:27 pm

Definately the best Star Wars since the OT days. I thought it was well made, and well acted for the most part. It actually felt like Star Wars whilst watching :) And we have the added bonus of Felicity Jones :D she has got a great body :lol:
Vintage toys ,prop and autograph collector and Luton Town FC supporter.
Also try to play guitar with the guy in my avatar as an inspiration!
JASON BECKER STILL THE BEST EVER AND STILL HERE DESPITE A.L.S.

stormcab
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby stormcab » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:55 pm

Watched it for the 2nd time. Got the BluRay in, told the missus Donnie Yen was in it to get her to watch it with me. I was a bigger fan of this than TFA. It's an interesting thing to watch something like this with someone who doesn't bring all the nostalgic baggage we bring along to judge it. I had to explain a few details as we watched, and pointed out all the continuous nods and cameos from the OT, but she was hooked. Then came the space battle. She was sitting leaning forward on the couch and I was leaning back when the fleet does that mind-blowing hyperspace jump. She turned her head slowly to me, not saying a word, and I just nodded as if to say "oh yes".

I found a cut of just the space battle on Youtube, and I have to admit rewatching the jump about 50 times. Gotta be one of the most awesome scenes in movie history. Oh and the music perfectly cutting in the second X-wing drops out - pure SEX!! :D

Return to “Star Wars Films”