Header image

The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
Stuart Skinner
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer

Postby Stuart Skinner » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:49 am

Nick_IoW wrote:Fucking loved it as a teasers - left with a million questions.

The vehicles kicking up the red mineral dust from under the crusty layer of salt heading towards walkers. People already moaning about walkers - were probably the same people wanking over them in R1.

Rey talking about light, darkness and the balance and then Luke telling her it's much bigger than that.

Is he going to train her to accept both sides and be along the lines of the gray Jedi?

Luke and R2 outside the base and Phasma coming out - originally I though it was the Knights, but deffo Phasma now Ive seen it on a closer screen.

Most importantly it told us nothing - which is a must for a teaser.

And after the shit bland score from R1 its nice to have the emotive works of JW back - love the subtleties of blending the old score with the Rey and Kylo music. The sound bites from previous movies added in nicely, hearing Ben, Leia, Yoda, Vader and Palpy.

TFA was all about nostalgia - and it was perfect for me as a nostalgic return. But this will put the nostalgia aside and hopefully give us some good story and dialogue with characters people already love. It was a near perfect Saturday matinee family movie - like the'yre meant to be. Like the main man GL himself said - movies for 12 year olds.

Looking forwards to the new characters - Rose looks cute! Reckon she will be rescuing Finn while he is sleeping and the base being attacked.

And I'd like to see Po be Chewies side-kick in the falcon. Which is a possibility with his X-wing being blown up and seeing the Falcon flying about. There's no way Chewie is still sat at the island waiting on Rey lol.

Anyway - I am HYPED and there's fuck all the negative nellies can do about it :)

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Head The Nail On
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/star-wars-vintage-rebellion/id1001257470?mt=2

PulsarP
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby PulsarP » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:03 pm

Stuart Skinner wrote:

The vehicles kicking up the red mineral dust from under the crusty layer of salt heading towards walkers. People already moaning about walkers - were probably the same people wanking over them in R1.

Rey talking about light, darkness and the balance and then Luke telling her it's much bigger than that.

Is he going to train her to accept both sides and be along the lines of the gray Jedi?

Luke and R2 outside the base and Phasma coming out - originally I though it was the Knights, but deffo Phasma now Ive seen it on a closer screen.

And after the shit bland score from R1 its nice to have the emotive works of JW back - love the subtleties of blending the old score with the Rey and Kylo music. The sound bites from previous movies added in nicely, hearing Ben, Leia, Yoda, Vader and Palpy.

TFA was all about nostalgia - and it was perfect for me as a nostalgic return. But this will put the nostalgia aside and hopefully give us some good story and dialogue with characters people already love. It was a near perfect Saturday matinee family movie - like the'yre meant to be. Like the main man GL himself said - movies for 12 year olds.

Looking forwards to the new characters - Rose looks cute! Reckon she will be rescuing Finn while he is sleeping and the base being attacked.

And I'd like to see Po be Chewies side-kick in the falcon. Which is a possibility with his X-wing being blown up and seeing the Falcon flying about. There's no way Chewie is still sat at the island waiting on Rey lol.

Anyway - I am HYPED and there's fuck all the negative nellies can do about it :)

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Head The Nail On

^^^^^^^^^^
Head under nail for me too
Looking for any Palitoy logo esp. 30, 41 and 45a.
Also looking for any 20back droids and cantina aliens on any cardback.

db94
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby db94 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:23 pm

Nick_IoW wrote:People already moaning about walkers - were probably the same people wanking over them in R1.

If you a referring to me then no I wasn't - I save that level of excitement for Christmas and secret Santa
My vintage/modern collection viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14191

grinchy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grinchy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:28 pm

Goosebumps, check! cool score check! interesting eye catching video, check!
It really does look cool to me,
IF I WOKE UP TOMMOROW WITH MY HEAD SEWN TO THE CARPET I WOULDN'T BE MORE SURPRISED THAN I AM NOW
YOU SIT ON A THRONE OF LIES!

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:47 am

Fuck me, who rattled your cage? :lol:

Spot on, you Jawa loving nerfherder. Now that the hype of the "new" SW is calmed a little these movies will stand and fall on their own merit rather than ride on the coattails of what has come before. It didn't have the explosive effect R1 and TFA had on me but then I'm getting complacent about new SW. Looking forward to this as much as I was R1 although they'll have to pull something spectacular out of the hat in the full trailer to get me as pumped about this as I was TFA.

They're not going to drop the ball now. For a teaser there was a hell of a lot in it. Remember the R1 teaser? Nowt! This looks good: dark, gritty and full of ominous undertones. And yes, the score is back in full effect. Thank god for that.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Bonsai_Tree_Ent » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:28 am

The Force Awakens teaser was really all about pace, from the first shot of Finn panting to BB8 whizzing along and then Rey accelerating on her speeder. And that plays to the strength of JJ Abrams - he's from the 'razzle dazzle' Hollywood school of directing.

This trailer is the opposite, "breath", it slows things down. If Looper is anything to go on then I believe Rian Johnson will produce a more elegant, thoughtful and measured movie than TFA. Maybe The Last Jedi wont be such a thrill ride, but I think it will resonate a bit deeper.

Regarding the poster, I just hope it isn't a Celebration exclusive and that it will actually become the theatrical poster. It has massive impact, great bold colours, and a bit of a fantasy art 80s vibe - would look great as a quad!

Bonsai_Tree_Ent
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Bonsai_Tree_Ent » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:45 am

Talking of an 80s vibe... :D

Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Grant_C » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:48 pm

It's the greatest movie ever made. Even better than ESB :)

Mr. Tie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Mr. Tie » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:14 pm

Grant_C wrote:It's the greatest movie ever made. Even better than ESB :)

I don't think so. As TFA is a cheap rip off (oh dear, ANH must be the mother of it) I have no faith in this one coming up. As I said before: there is nothing that can beat the OT. And it has nothing to do with us growing older and all of that psychological sh**.

Damn Lucas, because after ROTJ it should have ended. Why? Because you can't beat the original. Just look at these Alien sh** commercial garbage and you know why. It is just Disney trying to milk the Lucas cow which has dried up many years ago...

Fake news, sad? No, just a fact of life and makes me longing for a final rest place on Dagobah... :?
“Would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?!”

http://i.giphy.com/jpmSERAYR23YI.gif

Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Michael Sith » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:26 pm

SW brings out differing opinions which is great.

I love the OT, but watch other SW films, because they are SW 8) aside from OT, they all have their place, for different reasons for different people.
For me, bring on the films, I love SW, so the more the better for me :D
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

Bonsai_Tree_Ent
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Bonsai_Tree_Ent » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:30 am

/\ seeing Grant and MrTie with their avatars I imagine them to be the two 'odd couple' pilots in a TIE Bomber who just cant stop arguing. :D

Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Michael Sith » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Bonsai_Tree_Ent wrote:/\ seeing Grant and MrTie with their avatars I imagine them to be the two 'odd couple' pilots in a TIE Bomber who just cant stop arguing. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mr. Tie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Mr. Tie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:38 pm

Michael Sith wrote:
Bonsai_Tree_Ent wrote:/\ seeing Grant and MrTie with their avatars I imagine them to be the two 'odd couple' pilots in a TIE Bomber who just cant stop arguing. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr. Tie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Mr. Tie » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:26 pm

Could be something like this :D :lol: :wink:

GrantvsMrTie.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Michael Sith » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:30 pm

Brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Star Wars Films”