Staff member
Supporter
Can't embed so you'll have to click the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ&feature=youtu.be

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
"Time for the Jedi.......to end!"
Oooo...goosebumps.

Great teaser. Not the emotional impact of the first TFA teaser, but fantastic nonetheless.
Definitely kicking the ass out of the red motif.

What was that book with the Jedi emblem?
Journal of the Whills????

Palifan

Sith Lord
Not quite the impact I was hoping for but love the red mist type stuff and it does make you wonder what it will all be about (doesn't look like Kylo has been keeping up on those anger management meetings either!).

Really looking forward to seeing a full trailer to get a proper feel of this episode and it's new Star Wars so all is good int eh world for me :D

Ian

Leemcl

Jedi Master
....yep tears in my eyes again. Not quite the melt down of TFA....but none the less, that's footage of Original Star Wars, and I am grateful to be alive and to see it.

Sinniberg

Padawan
Hmm, it just kinda feels like "been there, done that". A Jedi being trained(again), a rebel base with the map(again) and another space fight scene.

I know it had to start where TFA finished but it just seems a little too familiar.

It felt like a cross between TFA and The Phantom Menace.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
TFA was a remake of ANH
TLJ teaser trailer showed someone being trained as a Jedi and speeders flying towards advancing AT AT Walkers - **** me its an ESB remake

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
It was a good trailer, it was a teaser and did just that, didn't give much away, but a bit of Luke made the trailer worthwhile, 'time for the jedi... to end', that's a goosebumps line. Looking forward to more.

This poster is stunning.

star_wars_the_last_jedi_poster_1688.jpg

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
****ing loved it as a teasers - left with a million questions.

The vehicles kicking up the red mineral dust from under the crusty layer of salt heading towards walkers. People already moaning about walkers - were probably the same people wanking over them in R1.

Rey talking about light, darkness and the balance and then Luke telling her it's much bigger than that.

Is he going to train her to accept both sides and be along the lines of the gray Jedi?

Luke and R2 outside the base and Phasma coming out - originally I though it was the Knights, but deffo Phasma now Ive seen it on a closer screen.

Most importantly it told us nothing - which is a must for a teaser.

And after the **** bland score from R1 its nice to have the emotive works of JW back - love the subtleties of blending the old score with the Rey and Kylo music. The sound bites from previous movies added in nicely, hearing Ben, Leia, Yoda, Vader and Palpy.

TFA was all about nostalgia - and it was perfect for me as a nostalgic return. But this will put the nostalgia aside and hopefully give us some good story and dialogue with characters people already love. It was a near perfect Saturday matinee family movie - like the'yre meant to be. Like the main man GL himself said - movies for 12 year olds.

Looking forwards to the new characters - Rose looks cute! Reckon she will be rescuing Finn while he is sleeping and the base being attacked.

And I'd like to see Po be Chewies side-kick in the falcon. Which is a possibility with his X-wing being blown up and seeing the Falcon flying about. There's no way Chewie is still sat at the island waiting on Rey lol.

Anyway - I am HYPED and there's **** all the negative nellies can do about it :)

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Nick_IoW said:

The vehicles kicking up the red mineral dust from under the crusty layer of salt heading towards walkers. People already moaning about walkers - were probably the same people wanking over them in R1.

Rey talking about light, darkness and the balance and then Luke telling her it's much bigger than that.

Is he going to train her to accept both sides and be along the lines of the gray Jedi?

Luke and R2 outside the base and Phasma coming out - originally I though it was the Knights, but deffo Phasma now Ive seen it on a closer screen.

And after the **** bland score from R1 its nice to have the emotive works of JW back - love the subtleties of blending the old score with the Rey and Kylo music. The sound bites from previous movies added in nicely, hearing Ben, Leia, Yoda, Vader and Palpy.

TFA was all about nostalgia - and it was perfect for me as a nostalgic return. But this will put the nostalgia aside and hopefully give us some good story and dialogue with characters people already love. It was a near perfect Saturday matinee family movie - like the'yre meant to be. Like the main man GL himself said - movies for 12 year olds.

Looking forwards to the new characters - Rose looks cute! Reckon she will be rescuing Finn while he is sleeping and the base being attacked.

And I'd like to see Po be Chewies side-kick in the falcon. Which is a possibility with his X-wing being blown up and seeing the Falcon flying about. There's no way Chewie is still sat at the island waiting on Rey lol.

Anyway - I am HYPED and there's **** all the negative nellies can do about it :)

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Head The Nail On

PulsarP

Jedi Knight
Stuart Skinner said:
Nick_IoW said:

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Head The Nail On

^^^^^^^^^^
Head under nail for me too

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Nick_IoW said:
People already moaning about walkers - were probably the same people wanking over them in R1.

If you a referring to me then no I wasn't - I save that level of excitement for Christmas and secret Santa

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Nick_IoW said:

**** me, who rattled your cage? :lol:

Spot on, you Jawa loving nerfherder. Now that the hype of the "new" SW is calmed a little these movies will stand and fall on their own merit rather than ride on the coattails of what has come before. It didn't have the explosive effect R1 and TFA had on me but then I'm getting complacent about new SW. Looking forward to this as much as I was R1 although they'll have to pull something spectacular out of the hat in the full trailer to get me as pumped about this as I was TFA.

They're not going to drop the ball now. For a teaser there was a hell of a lot in it. Remember the R1 teaser? Nowt! This looks good: dark, gritty and full of ominous undertones. And yes, the score is back in full effect. Thank god for that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom