Luke joining the darkside..!!

skywalker

Jedi Master
I'm sure most of you lot will have heard the rumours of Luke joining the darkside in the upcoming movie "The Last Jedi" I think if done correctly this could be awesome and is something I would absolutely love to see.... maybe even seeing him weilding Vaders sabre.!!

What do you think is this something you would like to see or definitely not see..!

f956daf4-600c-4d97-8ae8-8901c94f4ac4_zps9ktq9zrd.jpg

_Lee_

Sith Lord
If they did it would be the biggest mistake ever. If he is to leave the saga let him do so having steered clear of his fathers path. Besides, the turning to the darkside thing is getting a little tedious in all honesty. I like to think of Luke as the orphaned farmboy from Tatooine who brought his father back to the light. I think they are trying to compete with the ESB "i am your father" storyline, and this could be a fatal flaw to the future of Star Wars if they do. They are playing with fire.

On another note ( and this isnt meant disrespectfully) Rogue One was the sort of film id like to see more of, and its made me realise how much i actually cant connect with TFA. I tried watching TFA the other day and switched off after 10 minutes.

I think spin off movies are the way to go, leave the force alone now. There is a whole galaxy to explore.

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
I don't know if general Leia get's killed by Kylo Ren, but that could turn luke into hatred and as master Yoda said, that's not gonna look good :?

I always cherried Luke as a pure person and good Jedi Knight, so I don't hope he will turn to the Dark Side. But that could make Rey the last Jedi, if she has been trained correctly by Luke.

Would she than bring balance? :roll:

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Hope not.
If he has turned then who is a suitable foe? Rey? Who's just discovered her powers.
I'd prefer if he was more of a Kenobi type figure. Yes, predictable but would work.
I'm sure there's plenty of surprises in store but, in all honesty, have Luke become the bad guy would be a disappointment.

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
tobedesu said:
Hope not.
If he has turned then who is a suitable foe? Rey? Who's just discovered her powers.
I'd prefer if he was more of a Kenobi type figure. Yes, predictable but would work.
I'm sure there's plenty of surprises in store but, in all honesty, have Luke become the bad guy would be a disappointment.

I agree 8)

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
Nah he's all about balance now. He knows as long as there are jedi, someone wont be able to handle the restraints. So the future has to be balance. No jedi, no sith.

He's been reading those old journals of the whills which seem to be sat in the tree roots inside his cave (if you brighten the shot of him standing at the entrance you can see roots everywhere like the book shot as well as Reys weapon propped against the wall.)

I've not been reading the new stuff or know much about EU **** - but some trees are force sensitive now?

I have a sneaky feeling the flames behind Kylo in his shot are the 'force' tree burning.

The flames from the Phasma shot are inside the rebel base where Poes ship blew up - looking at the top left it has the same hangar door frames and explains the shiny floor.

Dorsetmark

Jedi Master
_Lee_ said:
If they did it would be the biggest mistake ever. If he is to leave the saga let him do so having steered clear of his fathers path. Besides, the turning to the darkside thing is getting a little tedious in all honesty. I like to think of Luke as the orphaned farmboy from Tatooine who brought his father back to the light. I think they are trying to compete with the ESB "i am your father" storyline, and this could be a fatal flaw to the future of Star Wars if they do. They are playing with fire.

On another note ( and this isnt meant disrespectfully) Rogue One was the sort of film id like to see more of, and its made me realise how much i actually cant connect with TFA. I tried watching TFA the other day and switched off after 10 minutes.

I think spin off movies are the way to go, leave the force alone now. There is a whole galaxy to explore.

I agree totally, cannot see the attraction with TFA but loved Rogue One
I hope they don't make Luke turn to the dark side as it will just be another bit of what I grew up loving messed with.
More independent films set in the Star Wars universe!

afsupplies

Padawan
Is the line about "the end of the Jedi" in the trailer spoken by Luke or by Benicio Del Toro's character? The more I listen to it the less it sounds like Luke to me.
I can't see Luke turning to the dark side, although it's an obvious temptation and probably part of the reason he left after his Jedi academy was ruined.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Agree with Nick, all about bringing balance and in the process closing the book on Jedi and Sith law. Being Force sensitive and having the power to use/wield the Force doesn't make you a Jedi or does it mean you need to walk the Jedi path...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom