My uncle was in original star wars help needed

Bolex

Youngling
Hi I have discovered my uncle was a character called snuggle tooth in the catina scene he did three days shooting from April 20th 1976 at elstree studios we believe from his notes can anyone shed any light for me on this many thanks do dates add up

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
The dates tie up - the cantina scenes were filmed on 20th and 21st April 76. And it's 'Snaggletooth' :) It'd be interesting to know what his notes say about it.

Bolex

Youngling
hi i will upload receipts of his work and pay if you like for the film , i believe he just saw the film as no different to any other he worked on he was in over 200 as an extra , he mentioned harrison ford i guess none of them knew it was going to be a big deal later on very ironic his other films include two of the kubric films, 3 carry on films, robin hood prince of thieves, death wish, battle of britain, minder , frenzy with hitcock, he has a close up in clockwork orange and said kubrick was a nice bloke , my uncle died recently aged 96 so was 56 when he did star wars and worked from late 60's to 90's . He got to see and be directed by kubrick, lucas and hitchcock. i was also told that he was an ewok on return of jedi but not been able to clarify this his grandson told me but im not sure if he was mistaken as he was biggish built and cant see him fitting in a ewok costume!

spoons

Grand Master
A real shame he's not around anymore. I'd love to see his notes too if you can post some photos

afsupplies

Padawan
Is your uncle Fred Wood? His imdb page almost matches the info you've given and he's listed as playing a "catina patron" in Star Wars.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0939705/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t104

Bolex

Youngling
That's really uncanny as most of these films he was in but my uncle was born 1920 not 1922 unless this was a pseudonym he was in superman 4 not 3 and was in frenzy and same carry on films and robin hood he probably knew this man as was in a lot of same stuff how strange !! My uncle name is Raymond Gardner I will upload stuff when get time cheers

afsupplies

Padawan
Bolex said:
That's really uncanny as most of these films he was in but my uncle was born 1920 not 1922 unless this was a pseudonym he was in superman 4 not 3 and was in frenzy and same carry on films and robin hood he probably knew this man as was in a lot of same stuff how strange !! My uncle name is Raymond Gardner I will upload stuff when get time cheers

I recently watched a film called Elstree 76 about the background players in Star Wars and it seems a lot of them were part of the same casting agency in London that sent people to most of the films shot in Elstree and Pinewood so maybe your uncle used the same agent as Fred Wood?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom