The Story of Star Wars

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Before Star Wars was released on VHS and Betamax in 1982, one of the only ways possible to experience Star Wars outside of the theater was to listen to the Story of Star Wars record album. Listening to this album brings back so many great memories. We had to use our imaginations as we listened to Roscoe Lee Browne narrate while scenes from the movie played out.

I thought it would be fun to edit the movie to go along with the album. What I thought would be a quick, easy process, ended up being pretty difficult and took many hours to complete. It's far from a perfect edit and has several issues I'd like to clean up eventually. I used a recording of the record along with the 35mm print that was restored by Team Negative1 to give it that retro feel.

I made it solely for my own enjoyment, but thought my fellow old school Star Wars enthusiasts might get a kick out of it too. The password to view it on Vimeo is VSE.

https://vimeo.com/227361880

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I did enjoy it. Any new/ old way to watch SW is good by me.

Now, from memory, somebody did something similar a few years back with all 3. I never saw them as it involved downloading large DVD sized files from a ratio torrent site. They were done long before Team Negative 1's scan appeared so yours has that warm film vibe edge, I'd guess.

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
chipsteak said:
I did enjoy it. Any new/ old way to watch SW is good by me.

Now, from memory, somebody did something similar a few years back with all 3. I never saw them as it involved downloading large DVD sized files from a ratio torrent site. They were done long before Team Negative 1's scan appeared so yours has that warm film vibe edge, I'd guess.

Thanks chipsteak.
I was planning on maybe trying to do ESB and ROTJ eventually, but if there are versions of those out there already, I'd love to check them out.
As I said, I just did this one for fun and for my own enjoyment, but decided to post it here in case anyone might be interested.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Mate that's great and huge thanks for sharing. Really enjoying watching it. Only one problem for me - I never had this as a kid so as I'm listening to it all I can picture is that scary bastard robot from Logans Run :D

Attachments

• C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_logansrun1.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_logansrun1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 699

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
db94 said:
Mate that's great and huge thanks for sharing. Really enjoying watching it. Only one problem for me - I never had this as a kid so as I'm listening to it all I can picture is that scary bastard robot from Logans Run :D

You are very welcome and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Nice to hear others appreciate it. I actually have never watched Logan's Run before, but I just searched and found the clip of that robot. Roscoe Lee Browne does make one scary robot and I can understand why you couldn't get it out of your head while listening to the album. :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom