Dubrovnik after filming SWEP8

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
Last night in beautiful Dubrovnik (Croatia). Nothing left of the filming, but found this SW shop in the center of the old city. All modern stuff, nothing special :cry:

IMG_3472.JPG

IMG_3471.JPG

IMG_3470.JPG

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
I was there for a wedding in June and saw this place.
So many bloody tourists! Lots of places advertising where game of thrones was filmed. Not my bag though.

Bloody nice place though, lots of bars and med food. The wedding was something out of a bond film, a boat picked us up and took and around the island and the happy couple got married on a cliff edge with waves crashing, very picturesque

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
The old city is cool, although still hot at the moment :lol:

I can see the beauty of it, but those bloody tourists are very anoying (I would like to kick those selfie sticks, horrible... :twisted: )

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Me and a mate rented kayaks for an hour, paddled over to locrum and on the way back to the beach out of nowhere this storm blew us out to sea! I managed to power through and get back to shore but had to send a boat out to find my mate, quite scary stuff! I could feel the wind trying to flip me over out there.

That main strip though? The people posing with parrots?

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
yeah, quite scary: paying for caressing parrots :shock: I don't know about that, but it's a miracle they don't charge you for farthing :lol:

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
pizzathehutt said:
Me and a mate rented kayaks for an hour, paddled over to locrum and on the way back to the beach out of nowhere this storm blew us out to sea! I managed to power through and get back to shore but had to send a boat out to find my mate, quite scary stuff! I could feel the wind trying to flip me over out there.

That main strip though? The people posing with parrots?

Scary indeed! When we were there a few years ago, we were suddenly engulfed in a massive storm 10 minutes into an island boat trip. The boat was almost tipping over and everyone was screaming (apart from the kids, who thought it was brilliant :lol:). I looked out behind the boat to see a tornado in the sea not far away at all- was pretty terrifying! :shock: It was all calm again a few minutes later... :roll:

yoda

Sith Lord
About 15 years ago I traveled through Croatia myself and Bosnia by car. Dubrovnik really stood out it's a beautiful city. It was just starting to find its feet after the conflict. I always hope to go back someday it's such an amazing place in that part of the world.
I'll be keeping a close eye out now for the locations used.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom