Star Wars on tour 1978

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
I recognised an image posted by Ace on the SWFUK FB as being from a trio of shots taken at Metheringham, Lincolnshire in 1978 when the village received a visit from Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper. It was presumably to promote the showing of Star Wars at the nearby Kinema in the Woods cinema Woodhall Spa. The outfits had been produced for 20th Century Fox, who either sent out performers in pars or simply sent the costumes to the cinemas. The costumes were not all that good, the Vader ones especially but back then nobody really knew what the characters were supposed to look like.

I've managed to get to the bottom of all of the Darth Vader and Stormtrooper tours in 1978, 1980 and 1983 in my book "The Star Wars Phenomenon in Britain" but I'm always looking for more photos and people's memories. By the way, the "Star Wars is Coming" T-Shirt is one of my holy grails. I've never ever seen one, except in photographs.

Attachments

• metheringvillage1.jpg
    metheringvillage1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 501
  • metheringvillage2.jpg
    metheringvillage2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 504
  • metheringvillage3.jpg
    metheringvillage3.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 502

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Lovely stuff. I think the Stormtrooper is pretty cool. He's caught in a weird pose in that first picture, mind.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom