Header image

The Last Jedi latest trailer

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: The Last Jedi latest trailer

Postby Michael Sith » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:37 pm

Looks brilliant
Tickets booked for the Friday...Printworks Imax Manchester... 8) 8)
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

TheJabbaWookie
Regular
Regular

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer latest trailer

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:32 pm

pizzathehutt wrote:looks really good!

it had been a while since films left me with a big grin on my face afterwards and rogue one/force awakens did just that

I think the crappy prequals were a blessing in disguise

love the new films!

Looks dark. Looks intriguing. I was so disappointed with the prequels I gave up after Attack of the Clones and couldn’t bring myself to even watch Revenge of the Sith (even though it was meant to be the best of the three). Still haven’t seen it to this day. The Force Awakens rekindled my love of the movies even though it was essentially a reboot of ANH. Rogue One was awesome and this is shaping up to be a belter.
’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves, Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe...
--------------------------------------------------------
Stop your Jibba-Jabba you Big Walking Carpet

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:11 pm

Bah, my least favourite of all the new trailers so far. All just looks a bit too try-hard like the prequels. And Kylo Ren is never going to be a good sith, look like a lame emo vampire or something.

Mr. Tie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Mr. Tie » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:44 pm

edd_jedi wrote:Bah, my least favourite of all the new trailers so far. All just looks a bit too try-hard like the prequels. And Kylo Ren is never going to be a good sith, look like a lame emo vampire or something.

Couldn't agree more :cry: Watched the trailer two times and I am done with it. It's more of the same we've already saw in the OT. The space battle from ROTJ and what is this strange acting by Mark Hamill? Rey stronger than him? I don't know about that. And please Kylo: kill or kill not, that's the question. What a wimp... :roll:
“Would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?!”

http://i.giphy.com/jpmSERAYR23YI.gif

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:44 pm

Well it got me excited! :D

Ian

Nick_IoW
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Nick_IoW » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:56 pm

Love it when we all watch the same Star Wars thing and have so many varied opinions.

I love Kylo, even in this trailer you can see the mental and emotional issues. He's the Anakin I wanted. Rational chap with an irrational temper - good stuff. Clearly wants to be the bad guy - even killed his dad to be it - but still getting drawn towards the light. Though we would never forgive him.

Trailer for me is awesome. But I loved the R1 trailer too - and I really thought the movie was dogshit.

Love all the misdirection.

Getting tiny glimpses of things like the legs of the praetorians in the scene when Kylo pics the saber from the floor. I'd imagine this is his training sequence where in the "behind the scenes" trailer he is fighting 2 prae's.

Can make out Snoke in the scene with Rey being fucked over.

I'm pretty sure Kylo and Leia are having some force thought discussion while hes in his fighter.

I cant see him killing Leia. Though I suspect she will die - they only said Leia was meant to have a significant role in Ep9 and they don't need to change her role in ep8. So if her role in Ep8 was to die anyway - Carries passing doesn't have an impact on this. See what they did there? Maybe she was going to be a force ghost in Ep9 to plague Kylo's life. Like turning up at points and telling him off like a naughty boy. Or popping into the room when hes having a wank and telling him he will go blind.

Though part of me thinks it would be cool if he killed his dad in ep7, mum in ep8 and uncle in ep9 - make it happen.

Anyhow, fucking excited. Really want to see the whole Jedi temple scenario and see what actually happened. That's lukes hand coming out of the rubble in one shot - so I'm guessing the whole place was dropped on him.

Even didn't mind the Porg. Given the reactions of other generations - from young to not as young (but still younger than us old farts) - they seemed to like the Porgs. We're old, fellas, this shit isn't just for our generation anymore ( and hasn't been since the 80's). Time we got over ourselves :D

I will watch the shit out of this one, just like TFA - could only bring myself to watch R1 once at the pics.

But hey, we're all different flavours.

Mr. Tie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Mr. Tie » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:12 pm

Nick_IoW wrote:Trailer for me is awesome. But I loved the R1 trailer too - and I really thought the movie was dogshit.

Dogshit it will be! :D I might be old growing up with SW as a kid, but I believe that these Disney movies don't justify themselves by copying old patterns.

Let's face it: SW is about the battle between good and evil. That's a fact that goes with every story, every movie since. The prequels had a lot very bad acting, but the new worlds were refreshing. We knew about the clone wars, but hadn't any idea about them. I like the blue print for a generation that we saw earlier as a kid in cinema. Clone troopers becoming stormtroopers had something like history building. I can't find anything relating to the OT that brings forward a unique galaxy watching this Disney crap. Disney plays safe using these OT like elements, they only want to please a large audience.

So what do we get? Stupid AT-AT Cylon like walkers (they really look daft), Luke shitting his pants because of some traumatic experience, Rey toying her new old lightsaber from ANH and Kylo acting like a wimp because he is developing feelings (Yeah right, Darth Vader being an example to you). With a vintage sauce this all will make a perfect vomit... from a galaxy very near you (I'm afraid) :roll:
“Would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?!”

http://i.giphy.com/jpmSERAYR23YI.gif

Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Grant_C » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:22 pm

Greatest movie ever made.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:45 am

I hope the porg gets vaporised by Kylo's saber, now that would make the film dark :twisted:
Last edited by subzero on Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

pizzathehutt
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby pizzathehutt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:55 am

I was at a house party the other week and some random drunk was shouting out kylo kylo!!

I realised it was me he was shouting at. he managed to get through a load of people and said to me 'sorry mate but I have to tell you, you look like an ugly kylo ren' and then walked off

I didn't even know the bloke?

yeah thanks dickhead!
'Nutch Vader! Teeblo Carbon'

Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Grant_C » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:19 pm

Should have done a Kylo Tantrum, smashed up the kitchen and the choked him.

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:47 pm

This is how that should have gone down...

Him - "You look like an ugly Kylo Ren"

You - "You look like a cunt"

8)
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

stormcab
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby stormcab » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:40 pm

Grant_C wrote:Greatest movie ever made.

This will be the new Jar Jar :?

darth_daddius
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer latest trailer

Postby darth_daddius » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:40 pm

scooternick wrote:I heard 'Gerbil' is a reincarnation of Han

Porg eh? I thought it looked more like a Han-ster...

I think I'm funny :)

Looking forward to this movie a lot and already have midnight tickets booked.

Pat
Looking for Darth Vader items from all around the world.
My collection: (Here on SWFUK:) http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26200
(On RS:) http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1069480/

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:58 pm

Grant_C wrote:Greatest movie ever made.

It looks like Chewy's put his finger (or something else) up Porgs bum :o

Return to “Star Wars Films”