The Last Jedi latest trailer

stormcab

Sith Lord
[youtube]Q0CbN8sfihY[/youtube]

First thoughts are looks decent. Things that are concerning me is Chewie is looking a little CGI, and what is that stupid looking CGI anime gerbil thing in the MF cockpit? I don't know why they keep insisting on using blatant CGI creatures. Anyone see that possible plot spoiler? Which technically isn't really a plot spoiler.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Looks great. Definitely darker than TFA except for the fluffy thing. Won't watch it again and avoiding spoilers like the plague. Not long now!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Cazza said:
Looks amazing! Pretty sure that Porg is actually animatronic, not cgi.

I agree looks amazing, not sure about Porg? Didn't Weasel say his wife thought Tarken had aged well after watching Rogue 1!!!

I'm going to have to watch all 8 previous films now to make sure I'm up to date. :lol:

subzero

Sith Lord
It does look good, I love those armoured walkers too, only thing that's annoying me though is I don't think Luke will ever leave that island for the rest of this reboot, he's basically the next Yoda lol, I wanna see him get involved like Han did in TFA but I really don't think this will happen now. I was already disappointed that Luke wasn't in TFA together with Han and Leia, I thought that was a wasted opportunity, I wanna at least see him in action in TLJ.

Also looking forward to ( hopefully ) seeing Kylo become much more evil and powerful. I instantly noticed Chewie's CGI enhanced face too, not liking that one bit.

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
Just tried booking on the Imax site bit it says bookings are temporarily unavailable :(

*edit: Finally booked after lots of freezing and unavailable pop ups!

Being a penguin lover I don't mind the look of the Porg, nothing can be worse than those effin' Ewoks!

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Well, I set the alarm and watched it a dozen times before popping back to sleep.. watched it again and again over breakfast.. got to work, booked for two showings and then booked more tickets for Grant.

As far as a review of the trailer, I thought it was excellent... so many details and again a real sense of scale in some of the shots. I would say that the voice over "this is not going to go the way you think" is IMO completely aimed at the viewer... I think the way its cut helps you jump to conclusions regarding plot that may not be quite what you think it actually is..

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
looks really good!

it had been a while since films left me with a big grin on my face afterwards and rogue one/force awakens did just that

I think the crappy prequals were a blessing in disguise

love the new films!

stormcab

Sith Lord
Cazza said:

I'll bet my life that isn't animatronic. Too much of the skin/muscles/mouth etc moves for it not to be CGI

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
theforceuk said:
Cazza said:

I agree looks amazing, not sure about Porg? Didn't Weasel say his wife thought Tarken had aged well after watching Rogue 1!!!

I'm going to have to watch all 8 previous films now to make sure I'm up to date. :lol:

Ha ha, my mates wife said the same about Peter Cushing. I think they should put him in some new Frankenstein films. By Christmas we'll all love the Porg I reckon.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
pizzathehutt said:
looks really good!

it had been a while since films left me with a big grin on my face afterwards and rogue one/force awakens did just that

I think the crappy prequals were a blessing in disguise

love the new films!
Looks dark. Looks intriguing. I was so disappointed with the prequels I gave up after Attack of the Clones and couldn't bring myself to even watch Revenge of the Sith (even though it was meant to be the best of the three). Still haven't seen it to this day. The Force Awakens rekindled my love of the movies even though it was essentially a reboot of ANH. Rogue One was awesome and this is shaping up to be a belter.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Bah, my least favourite of all the new trailers so far. All just looks a bit too try-hard like the prequels. And Kylo Ren is never going to be a good sith, look like a lame emo vampire or something.

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
edd_jedi said:
Bah, my least favourite of all the new trailers so far. All just looks a bit too try-hard like the prequels. And Kylo Ren is never going to be a good sith, look like a lame emo vampire or something.

Couldn't agree more :cry: Watched the trailer two times and I am done with it. It's more of the same we've already saw in the OT. The space battle from ROTJ and what is this strange acting by Mark Hamill? Rey stronger than him? I don't know about that. And please Kylo: kill or kill not, that's the question. What a wimp... :roll:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom