New Trilogy & Live Action TV Show Announced!

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/nov/09/disney-new-star-wars-trilogy-live-action-tv-series

Exciting times! That seems like a quick turnaround for the TV show...

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
We'll see ;) I'm not getting excited until they release further details. The cynic in me (I know, who'd believe there was one) thinks this is designed to bolster shareholder confidence on the back of weak results overall. My main question is: when is this new Trilogy set? Either they try again to re-tell the prequels (unlikely I think) or they go for a trilogy that doesn't bookend the OT. I would have expected Eps. X, XI and XII. In which case it will be interesting to see how a trilogy-once-removed from the OT goes down with our generation.

And I'm still worried they'll end up doing to SW what they've done to Marvel which is at the point of overload and burnout, I feel.

Interesting times.....

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
The new triology is going to be about a corner of the Star Wars galaxy never explored before, so at least it won't be about Ewok's!

At least all our collections have doubled in value over night! :lol:

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Greatest Trilogy ever made.

I hope its episodes 12, 13 and 14.

Kids that then spend 20 years speculating about prequels like we did.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
One thing's for sure- KK and Disney must be VERY impressed with TLJ to give Rian Johnson his own completely new trilogy. Bodes very well indeed 8)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Has anyone else noticed that 'Trilogo' is spelt the same as 'Trilogo card'. Surely that can't be right! It's like I'm going to read that book or I've just read a really good book. I'm really bad at spelling and this kind of stuff really doesn't help! :lol:

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
av6 said:
Looks like I'm the minority here. LEAVE IT ALONE!!!

Must say I have to agree.... again 8) Disney just uses SW as brand recognition, unable and more unwillingly to create something unique like, yes I have to say it again... the prequels :shock:

Playing save and making more bucks is Disneys philosophy, just throw in some Tie Fighters, X-Wing like vehicles and even A-Wing fighters (not to mention those dreadful new Gorilla like AT-AT walkers) and everybody is happy. Because hey: it looks like Star Wars! Just copy and paste and everybody is happy :roll:

But not for me. Not spending a penny on Disney **** like this. You guys may think that more is better, but in Disneys case regarding the SW universe more is far less and far worse... :twisted:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Making a Han Solo film ain't exactly playing it safe is it! :lol: I think making Episodes 7, 8 and 9 wasn't the greatest idea. I kind of think the 6 Geaorge Lucas films told the Skywalker story and the new trilogy is unnecessary, although GL always intended to make a third trilogy and I enjoyed TFA.

But for their never to be any more Star Wars films made from that universe which George Lucas created would be criminal in my eyes. Why shouldn't a new generation of children get to experience new films. I have two young children and they both love the new films and Star Wars is going to be a big positive part of their childhood because of the new films, how can any member on here begrudge a new generation of children going to watch a new Star Wars film at the Cinema over the Christmas holidays?

Both my kids are always asking me 1 of 2 questions, how long is it until the new Star Wars film is out at the Cinema or when is the new Star Wars film out on DVD, it's brilliant for them.

I hate to brake it to you Mr Tie but Star Wars is really for children, that's why we're still buying the toys!

lejackal

Grand Master
I personally think it's great, my one real gripe about Disney is that instead of the Trilogy GL has in mind we have a bit of a rehash. Probably in the minority wanting to have seen his vision through to its conclusion but hey ho.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Star Wars is the best fun and if you ask me, fun should have ended in 1983. The audacity of people enjoying themselves.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I am not sure what to think, maybe it is because I more like the timeline from episode 3-6. So Rogue one was a fantastic movie for me. But I was not so happy with episode 7 and I will be surprised if episode 8 will be better than rogue one. About the solo movie I am confused, the timeline will be right for me but that does not make it a good movie. About a new trilogy, then again I am confused. I don't want stomtroopers with a big smile on the helmet, I want real stormtroopers :D That is also why I love the old uk marvel star wars comics so much the timeline is the same as episode 3-6 :D They could make so many new stories with luke, solo, chewbacca, r2-d2, leia, vader and the emperor. Stories before and between the old movies just like rogue one. The old ewok movies was also good :D

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
theforceuk said:
I hate to brake it to you Mr Tie but Star Wars is really for children, that's why we're still buying the toys!

Really? Where I live I get the strong impression that children don't care much about Star Wars at all. They don't buy the toys, they don't visit the theatres. It's largely because of the old generation that SW has a right to survive.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I've got a feeling Star Wars will survive long after any of us. :)

Do you really think the biggest phenomenon in the history of film making owes it's continuing success to some middle aged men who still buy the vintage toys?

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
There were only two kids in my class the year before last that didn't see TFA in the cinema. Quite a few of them also saw it more than once. It was pretty much the same with R1 and my current class are all planning on seeing TLJ. Most of the boys last year also had their own Battlefront group and talked about it non-stop.

On World Book Days etc, there are always loads of SW costumes and there's been quite an upturn in the last couple of years, particularly with the younger girls dressing up as Rey.

I'd say SW is doing pretty damn well with the younger generations. Go to any shopping centre and count the SW T-shirts you see...

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I have a son and daughter, six Nephews and three Nieces - this lot range from 16 (nearly 17... God I feel old suddenly) through to the youngest just turned 2 years old. All of them have currently or have previously owned Star Wars themed, logo'd or licensed toys and/or clothing...

...I hasten to add not in anyway exclusively provided by me! ( :lol: )

I think it's a very odd idea that Mr. Tie could have a "strong impression that children don't care much about Star Wars at all". I have to ask are you actually a hermit? I really don't want to go around calling people out, but I'm really not sure how one of teh greatest cultural phenomenons in movie history, that has set the benchmark for merchandising and fan exploitation, has a dozen spin offs, TV shows and computer games (some with their own franchises) has managed to somehow stay frozen in time for you and you alone.

may be I do you a disservice and I've missed the irony/joke somewhere in the thread - sorry if i have...

Everywhere I go I see kids wearing, carrying or waving around Star Wars merchandise, to me it's really obvious that kids love the films as they get under your feet, rustling pick n mix and popcorn loudly through the cinema viewings every time its on... Jeez, even the last two midnight showings I went to for R1 and TFA had a bunch of kids in (my own Son included); certainly not an adult only affair.

I think it's perfect, generation after generation carrying on the love of the wonderful made-up childish nonsense we all fell in love with at 7 years old (insert own age reference) and that it, means something to them too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom