So what did you think about star wars VIII ??????

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I just came home 20 min ago from the cinema. I saw star wars the 13 dec. here in denmark with a good friend who also collect vintage star wars just like me :D We were both disappointed, the movie is ok and better than episode 1,2 and 3 but that is that, nothing more. It is not near Rogue One if you ask me. So what do you guys think ? :?

Burto

Padawan
Wasn't overwhelmed if I'm honest, thought it got lost in the middle.
Pretty disappointing after tfa, and didn't enjoy it anywhere as near as Rouge One
Need to see it again, but first reaction is, disappointing

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Walked out! That's hardcore.
I was also disappointed, especially with the first half of the movie but the second half was better. Kylo was the best thing about it, Adam Driver was excellent. Definitely the weakest of the new films.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Utter fookin dross. Only reason I didn't walk out was because I was with my wife and daughter - as soon as it finished both said they also wanted to walk out.

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
I loved it. So many great scenes, humour, and good surprises that stopped it being predictable.

For me Star Wars is fun, and that it all.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
wow!

I thought the force awakens and rogue one were excellent

hated the prequels

am I going to be disappointed??

the papers have given it good reviews

Pomse2001

Grand Master
pizzathehutt said:
wow!

I thought the force awakens and rogue one were excellent

hated the prequels

am I going to be disappointed??

the papers have given it good reviews

The same in denmark 5 out of 6 stars and the best movie in 2017 I do not understand it, it was ok but not near rogue one if you ask me. Rogue one is lightyears better than this movie.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
After a single viewing, I'm swinging to a positive mix of 60:40 or maybe 70:30... certainly not 80:20... yet

There are somethings that I loved and some not so much. I'm certain though that Like Rogue One before it will be a grower and given how much I now love Rogue One, I have high hopes for this one over time.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
I was royally pissed off inside 5 minutes but it did improve. The OT it was not

There wont ever be film in the SW universe that will touch the OT. The only thing that comes near is Rogue One and I think that is a great, gritty film that ties in with the OT. You just have to watch it for what it is, and its just a continuation of a the saga, but for many people they deem it as 'ruining' the feel of Star Wars. That's wholly untrue, and I myself use to think that but they are aiming at a new audience.

Im actually going to wait a week or so before I see it with my kids. Its the first ever Star Wars film that I am not in a rush to see (apart from the Clone Wars animated movie) and it just doesn't feel right. TFA was a huge letdown for me, but Rogue one really did reinvigorate some love again.

av6

Jedi Knight
Clarkspie&chips said:
I was also disappointed, especially with the first half of the movie but the second half was better. Kylo was the best thing about it, Adam Driver was excellent. Definitely the weakest of the new films.

Yup. I walked. No intention of going back either. Not interested which way it goes. Or seeing any future Star Wars films.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
_Lee_ said:
lejackal said:
I was royally pissed off inside 5 minutes but it did improve. The OT it was not

There wont ever be film in the SW universe that will touch the OT. The only thing that comes near is Rogue One and I think that is a great, gritty film that ties in with the OT. You just have to watch it for what it is, and its just a continuation of a the saga, but for many people they deem it as 'ruining' the feel of Star Wars. That's wholly untrue, and I myself use to think that but they are aiming at a new audience.

Im actually going to wait a week or so before I see it with my kids. Its the first ever Star Wars film that I am not in a rush to see (apart from the Clone Wars animated movie) and it just doesn't feel right. TFA was a huge letdown for me, but Rogue one really did reinvigorate some love again.

I agree with you not any film will touch the ot. But Rogue one comes very near the old ones :D

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
av6 said:
Clarkspie&chips said:

Yup. I walked. No intention of going back either. Not interested which way it goes. Or seeing any future Star Wars films.

Yep that's where I'm at as well - pretty much done with it now. No interest in seeing Solo or episode 9. Got my original 3 and fingers crossed the announced disney/Fox merger gets us closer to OT box set release so I'm happy for everyone that enjoys the new SW but it's just not for me.

indianawars

Sith Lord
The main issue I had with it was, Kylo isn't a strong enough villain. He's too conflicted. Vader was so ruthless... and Kylo's like 'Am I good, am I bad... I dunno?'

BadMotivator

Jedi Knight
Just got out of the cinema and wow, that absolutely sucked.
It's a complete mess from start to finish, there's not one scene I'd like to see again.

grinchy

Sith Lord
I thought it was great, really enjoyed it, sorry some of you didn't rate it, but I really was impressed, need to see it again really

Dark vador

Padawan
Well I saw it this morning a1 minutes past 12 overall quiet dissapointed,so much could have bee done and covered in this movie that was simply missed can t say too much as I Don t want to spoil it for others but when we have a tear about this movie with spoilers count me in.it wasn't all bad they where a few good moments and funny bits but for the most a bit of a disaster (and I cannot believe I m saying this !) Thumbs down for me highlight was the performance of Adam driver he delivered a truly good performance he was the only believable character !!!

lambis500

Padawan
I am definitely liking the stand alone films more.....
Roll on solo & Kenobi!
Maybe it's because I can relate better to the characters,Not sure,But I certainly enjoyed rogue one more without a doubt.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom