Revenge of the Jedi will be the next movie...

_Lee_

Sith Lord
I reckon Revenge of the Jedi is going to be the title of part 9. Bit early to guess but I'm pretty sure there's gonna be some revenge in that one and the title needs to be used as a permanent part of the saga.

Oh, and I also think they need to consult Lucas a bit more for the next one :D

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
It's not a bad shout and I agree Revenge of the Jedi needs to be used once and for all. :lol:

Also agree George Lucas needs to get in on advising, can't see it happening.

Dartharnold

Padawan
Hi I'm sorry, revenge is not the jedi way, it is against everything that the jedi stand for, revenge is a hateful act to retaliation , I believe Lucus planed to name rotj this and change his mind because it contradicted the jedi way.

but who knows with Disney

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Dartharnold said:
Hi I'm sorry, revenge is not the jedi way, it is against everything that the jedi stand for, revenge is a hateful act to retaliation , I believe Lucus planed to name rotj this and change his mind because it contradicted the jedi way.

You are quite correct. The final name change of Episode 6 from 'Revenge of the Jedi' back to 'Return of the Jedi' was exactly because George Lucas decided that a Jedi does not seek revenge: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_of_the_Jedi#Title_change

However, you are also quite correct about Disney. Given how they have ridden roughshod over the well-established canon with Episodes 7 & 8, I'd say all bets are off as far as Episode 9 is concerned :roll:

lejackal

Grand Master
Star Wars Episode ix: Jedi Reborn/Rebirth/Spread of Rebellion or similar will be more likely

Watch this space for me to be completely wrong :lol: :lol:

subzero

Sith Lord
Well considering they turned Luke into a padawan murderer in TLJ I don't think it would be going too far now if they let a Jedi get 'revenge'. Plus don't forget even a Jedi can have their moments and slip a little bit and make decisions that aren't Jedi worthy, young Vader being one of them but i'm sure there'd be more. :)

I think Revenge of The Jedi would be a great title for the next one, I like it!, it would be nice to see it finally being used to finish off a trilogy, I don't think many of us would have questioned that title back in the day once it became official and we got used to it anyway.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
The title choice between Return Of The Jedi and Revenge Of The Jedi did involve some considerable back forth between the two titles.

It was felt the 'Return' title was a bit weak and wishy washy. It also recalled the recent film 'The Return Of The Pink Panther' and Fox were worried about being mocked for that connotation. The marketing dept had also carried out 324 telephone interviews in which participants were asked to choose between 'Return of the hero' and 'Revenge of the hero', the 'Revenge' title overwhelmingly was thought to be more exciting.

The other issue was that Revenge posters and a trailer were in public domain, and that Kenner had already begun production of Revenge branded toys (estimated that the title change cost Kenner $250,000).

Lucas flip flopping between the two titles certainly must have p***ed a few people off and wasted money, but in the end as history says he decided that 'Revenge' was not a noble Jedi trait.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Dartharnold said:

Yes I know that mate :D

Don't forget that was Lucas vision, Disney now do what they want. Don't pin too much on what he has ever said in for future ref.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom