Rogue One to New Hope

wrighty

Sith Lord
Watched Rogue One recently and noticed at the end the escape shipped with Princess Leia went into hyperspace. In A New Hope the opening scene is when the Star Destroyer is firing on the Princess Leia ship, does it mean they already have hyperspace tracking (as mentioned the TLJ), hence technically not new technology? :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
wrighty said:
Watched Rogue One recently and noticed at the end the escape shipped with Princess Leia went into hyperspace. In A New Hope the opening scene is when the Star Destroyer is firing on the Princess Leia ship, does it mean they already have hyperspace tracking (as mentioned the TLJ), hence technically not new technology? :D

I've thought since watching Rogue One that the opening for ANH was at least a few days later, maybe even weeks. Things make more sense for me that way than it being only a few minutes and I'm pretty sure I heard or read that the writer of Rogue One confirmed that some time had passed between these two films.

Ian

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm sure OB1 tracks Jango Fett through hyper space in AOTC. Might be wrong, have to watch it again. :)

yoda

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
I'm sure OB1 tracks Jango Fett through hyper space in AOTC. Might be wrong, have to watch it again. :)

Remember just as Jango is escaping OB1 manages to attach a tracking device by throwing it onto Slaveone as he is taking off.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
yoda said:
theforceuk said:

Remember just as Jango is escaping OB1 manages to attach a tracking device by throwing it onto Slaveone as he is taking off.

Complete mess up in TLJ when has anyone ever said you can't track through hyper space up until TLJ? I'm confused! :lol:

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Long answer: In ESB one of the Imperial Commanders says "no ship that small has a cloaking device" so maybe the larger cruisers (like we see in TLJ) had protection which meant they couldn't previously be tracked through hyperspace. The Tantive IV that Leia is on is quite small so maybe that could be tracked.

Short answer: its a space 'fantasy', don't nitpick!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Long answer: In ESB one of the Imperial Commanders says "no ship that small has a cloaking device" so maybe the larger cruisers (like we see in TLJ) had protection which meant they couldn't previously be tracked through hyperspace. The Tantive IV that Leia is on is quite small so maybe that could be tracked.

Short answer: its a space 'fantasy', don't nitpick!

I agree you shouldn't nickpick with Star Wars as they are fantasy kids films, but some continuity would be good. :)

Spookedhippie

Sith Lord
The explanation is in from a certain point of view, first story, written by Gary whitta. The engines have been damaged on the tantive so it's emitting some chemical or displaces hyperspace differently...basically the imperials use that to track it

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Spookedhippie said:
The explanation is in from a certain point of view, first story, written by Gary whitta. The engines have been damaged on the tantive so it's emitting some chemical or displaces hyperspace differently...basically the imperials use that to track it

Doesn't matter the Resistance are really suprised they have been tract through hyperspace. Why?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom