Header image

Rogue One to New Hope

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
wrighty
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Rogue One to New Hope

Postby wrighty » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:36 pm

Watched Rogue One recently and noticed at the end the escape shipped with Princess Leia went into hyperspace. In A New Hope the opening scene is when the Star Destroyer is firing on the Princess Leia ship, does it mean they already have hyperspace tracking (as mentioned the TLJ), hence technically not new technology? :D

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Rogue One to New Hope

Postby Palifan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:05 am

wrighty wrote:Watched Rogue One recently and noticed at the end the escape shipped with Princess Leia went into hyperspace. In A New Hope the opening scene is when the Star Destroyer is firing on the Princess Leia ship, does it mean they already have hyperspace tracking (as mentioned the TLJ), hence technically not new technology? :D

I've thought since watching Rogue One that the opening for ANH was at least a few days later, maybe even weeks. Things make more sense for me that way than it being only a few minutes and I'm pretty sure I heard or read that the writer of Rogue One confirmed that some time had passed between these two films.

Ian

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:29 am

I’m sure OB1 tracks Jango Fett through hyper space in AOTC. Might be wrong, have to watch it again. :)
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:04 am

theforceuk wrote:I’m sure OB1 tracks Jango Fett through hyper space in AOTC. Might be wrong, have to watch it again. :)

Remember just as Jango is escaping OB1 manages to attach a tracking device by throwing it onto Slaveone as he is taking off.
I don't flush the toilet, I scare the shit out of it. ~Chuck Norris~
Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee~
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog imitation. ~Sgt. Oddball~

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:04 am

yoda wrote:
theforceuk wrote:I’m sure OB1 tracks Jango Fett through hyper space in AOTC. Might be wrong, have to watch it again. :)

Remember just as Jango is escaping OB1 manages to attach a tracking device by throwing it onto Slaveone as he is taking off.

Complete mess up in TLJ when has anyone ever said you can’t track through hyper space up until TLJ? I’m confused! :lol:

Bonsai_Tree_Ent
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Bonsai_Tree_Ent » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:56 am

Long answer: In ESB one of the Imperial Commanders says "no ship that small has a cloaking device" so maybe the larger cruisers (like we see in TLJ) had protection which meant they couldn't previously be tracked through hyperspace. The Tantive IV that Leia is on is quite small so maybe that could be tracked.

Short answer: its a space 'fantasy', don't nitpick!

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:24 pm

Bonsai_Tree_Ent wrote:Long answer: In ESB one of the Imperial Commanders says "no ship that small has a cloaking device" so maybe the larger cruisers (like we see in TLJ) had protection which meant they couldn't previously be tracked through hyperspace. The Tantive IV that Leia is on is quite small so maybe that could be tracked.

Short answer: its a space 'fantasy', don't nitpick!

I agree you shouldn't nickpick with Star Wars as they are fantasy kids films, but some continuity would be good. :)

Spookedhippie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Spookedhippie » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:45 pm

The explanation is in from a certain point of view, first story, written by Gary whitta. The engines have been damaged on the tantive so it’s emitting some chemical or displaces hyperspace differently...basically the imperials use that to track it

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:35 pm

Spookedhippie wrote:The explanation is in from a certain point of view, first story, written by Gary whitta. The engines have been damaged on the tantive so it’s emitting some chemical or displaces hyperspace differently...basically the imperials use that to track it

Doesn’t matter the Resistance are really suprised they have been tract through hyperspace. Why?

Return to “Star Wars Films”