Header image

Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer... TONIGHT!!!!

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer... TONIGHT!!!!

Postby Mr-shifter » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:46 pm

Mr-shifter wrote:Underwhelming.

The full trailer is much much better.
WANTED: The following speederbikes. I would like them boxed but open and complete. I need:

Meccano stickered bike
Pbp stickered bilogo
Danish stickered bilogo
Special offer uk bilogo

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby weasel » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:47 pm

lejackal wrote:
weasel wrote:
lejackal wrote:https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1787054218012838&id=169299103121699

Link don't work :cry:

Sorry, you have to be a facebook wanker to view it there -

Cheers.

Not sure what to make of it. Trailers are often nothing like the film. I dare say I'll let a few of you guys go and watch it first and see what you think.
That ALMOST sounds like I trust your opinions! Almost lol.
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Grant_C » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:59 pm

Not enough Porgs.

Hope they kill Chewbacca.

Needs a spacewalk

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:01 pm

Looks promising. I'm not counting any chickens, but I like what I've seen so far, and it looks a hell of a lot more like a Star Wars film than The Last Turd did (and frankly could hardly be any worse than that appalling piece of shit... 'Let the franchise die... kill it if you have to').

I thought Alden Ehrenreich looked pretty good as Han, but Donald Glover looked fantastic! Some great Billy Dee channeling going on there :-D. And let's face it, Emilia Clarke is a VERY welcome addition! Terrific actress and drop-dead gorgeous ;-)

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:17 pm

Bonsai_Tree_Ent wrote:We have a poster - this is fun!

And we have another 3 as well! I'm liking these a lot! :-)

solo-teaser-poster-01-691x1024.jpg

solo-teaser-poster-02-691x1024.jpg

solo-teaser-poster-03-691x1024.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:32 pm

Epic, absolutely epic.
Been nervous as hell to see what they do with my favourite character and so far I'm very reassured.
Clearly we have no idea of the story yet, but just on the few shots and lines it looks to be in the right vain for me.
As long as its as good as R1 & TLJ there will be nothing to worry about 8)
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

jedisearcher
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby jedisearcher » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:59 pm

Looks like a very safe “get the gang together with some meaningless plot device (probably involving Jabba)” film, which after the collective meltdown of so many people after TLJ seems very understandable from a Disney perspective.

It might be nice for them to avoid the almost mandatory chase scene that we get in ever SW film now, just for once. Speeder bikes, asteroids, pod racers, strange lizards, more asteroids, an alien horse race, now a car chase. Can’t they fill the boring middle of the film with something original?
WTB thread - most Palitoy 30b's and 3 debut 45a's: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17224

Memories from a 1980s Toy Shop: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24289

Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Michael Sith » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:14 pm

Love the trailer, it's Star Wars, Han Solo, Chewie.....what are the odds on this being a great film..........altogether now.......

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

megoman
Regular
Regular

Postby megoman » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:45 pm

Where can I buy these posters ?? !! :o

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:41 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
I thought Alden Ehrenreich looked pretty good as Han, but Donald Glover looked fantastic! Some great Billy Dee channeling going on there :-D. And let's face it, Emilia Clarke is a VERY welcome addition! Terrific actress and drop-dead gorgeous ;-)

I agree with most of the above but for some reason Emilia Clarke just didn't sit right in there for some reason. I'm not so sure about her acting skills other than GOT as she didn't work for me well in the last Terminator (that's not saying much though as that film was filled with bad performances and ideas). I do hope I'm wrong though as it was the one thing with Rogue One I was worried about with Felicity Jones's performance from the trailers and even though they did seem to either drop or re-shoot those shots I thought she came out really well in the film.

It's hard to call from a trailer but the look and feel of this gives me some hope and I know I'm going to see it whatever so Disney are still going to get my money.

Ian

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:40 am

I was absolutely not looking forward to this movie. I had a downer on it from around Summer last year. TLJ reinforced that negative feeling. A lot.

Bit his looks brilliant. I'm excited again which is a feeling I've not had about a SW movie since R1. And those posters are brilliant in their simplicity.

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:13 am

This guy ( Anthony Ingruber ) should have been cast to play Han, why the fuck this somehow didn't happen I really don't know but whoever decided not to choose him is a moron imo. This Solo film would have been 10 times better with Ingruber, this isn't just some random nobody on youtube either which is what baffles me, he actually played a young Harrison Ford in a film with him ( can't remember the film name ) and he was in the flashback scenes to when Harrison Ford's character was younger...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bba_wPdLxp4

I'm sure Alden Ehrenreich will do a good job, but just wow I don't get why he was cast, he must be sucking some serious dick to have been given that role.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

Davaider
Regular
Regular

Postby Davaider » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:42 am

subzero wrote:This guy ( Anthony Ingruber ) should have been cast to play Han, why the fuck this somehow didn't happen I really don't know but whoever decided not to choose him is a moron imo. This Solo film would have been 10 times better with Ingruber, this isn't just some random nobody on youtube either which is what baffles me, he actually played a young Harrison Ford in a film with him ( can't remember the film name ) and he was in the flashback scenes to when Harrison Ford's character was younger...

I'm sure Alden Ehrenreich will do a good job, but just wow I don't get why he was cast, he must be sucking some serious dick to have been given that role.

Dam SZ ! You have a point , he would of been a brilliant young Han Solo !

Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Grant_C » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:45 am

subzero wrote:This guy ( Anthony Ingruber ) should have been cast to play Han,.

Agreed.

Darth Bobby
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Darth Bobby » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:18 pm

subzero wrote:This guy ( Anthony Ingruber ) should have been cast to play Han, why the fuck this somehow didn't happen I really don't know but whoever decided not to choose him is a moron imo. This Solo film would have been 10 times better with Ingruber, this isn't just some random nobody on youtube either which is what baffles me, he actually played a young Harrison Ford in a film with him ( can't remember the film name ) and he was in the flashback scenes to when Harrison Ford's character was younger...

What a wasted opportunity, they could have got a great acting coach for him and he would have been perfect.

Return to “Star Wars Films”