Solo and Character saturation

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Firstly, I'm not looking to start a slanging match and this is my own opinion.

I don't know if I'm in the minority here, but does anyone else think that they are going to far with these movies?? I feel that 'Solo' is going this way. It takes away the imagination aspect of Solo's personality. When I was younger, I used to imagine I was Han and would do things that I would imagine he would do. Look at what the PT did with Obi and Yoda, it just doesnt sit right with me. I think the biggest lure of the OT was imagination and really feel is though they are saturating Star Wars now.

I understand 100% at there are many that will love the movies, but for me its more damaging at anything else. Star Wars was want about imagination but now it's about money

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
What they've missed so far is that it could/should be about both (money & originality/imagination). When Solo was announced it was met with a huge amount of scepticism, a film no one really wanted. I don't think that's changed. Then they talk about an Obi-Wan movie, a Yoda origin, a Fett origin, blah blah. Who cares, they'll all be treated with the same scepticism until they show they can make good films, for a whole audience (not just kids & not just fanboys either), on a consistent basis, that still make money.

Comparisons to the MCU are inevitable, but after 20 odd films they're still generating massive interest, making a lot of money and with the exception of a couple, are good films for a varied audience. Of course, they're not for everyone, but you don't get the belly-aching reaction of too safe/too different/too crap that the 3 SW offerings have generated so far. Making good SW films should be easy, the infrastructure is there, KK just needs to get a grip on things or they'll be replacing her and rebooting all overagain which would be a complete disaster. Theyre trying to keep old fans, new fans and everyone in between happy and annoying most of them in the process so far.

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
Star Wars is about a lot more than just the original 3 movies. I read the Han Solo trilogy legends books quite a few years back and always wanted to see it in some sort of TV form.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'm not going to watch Episode 9 or Solo - completely done with the new films. For me (and this is just my personal feelings not an attack on anyone else's enjoyment) TFA,TLJ were "damaging" I know that sounds over dramatic but I had to quickly block out their viewings because I disliked what they did to characters I loved.
Nope I'm absolutely fine with the original 3 - honestly don't need anything else. Glad others enjoy the new stuff but it's just not for me.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
db94 said:
I'm not going to watch Episode 9 or Solo - completely done with the new films. For me (and this is just my personal feelings not an attack on anyone else's enjoyment) TFA,TLJ were "damaging" I know that sounds over dramatic but I had to quickly block out their viewings because I disliked what they did to characters I loved.
Nope I'm absolutely fine with the original 3 - honestly don't need anything else. Glad others enjoy the new stuff but it's just not for me.

Despite loving the new films, I can see and understand your point of view, however, I'm curious to understand that if they make new films (either in trilogy or standalone) that sit in the Star wars universe, but don't have the OT characters in them, would you be more inclined to watch?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I can kind of understand people not wanting to see the new films. But for me the origional films can never be affected by anything done now. They have been writing books for decades and know one has ever said that book has ruined the origional trilogy, so why let a film.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
SAVORY100 said:
db94 said:

Despite loving the new films, I can see and understand your point of view, however, I'm curious to understand that if they make new films (either in trilogy or standalone) that sit in the Star wars universe, but don't have the OT characters in them, would you be more inclined to watch?

That got me thinking - yeah I probably would. Ever since watching the prequels I've disliked the small universe approach they took - everyone related, crossing paths e.g. Anakin building 3PO. The SW universe is a big old place would enjoy seeing more of it but just without the forced cameos/member berries.

I can happily sit and Watch Rogue 1 with my daughter but find the scene with Prune face just takes me out of the moment every time :roll:

Aye a film with familiar tech, ships etc would be great just no more rehashes or member berries and definitely no more origin stories - have zero trust in Kathleen's girl power writing group - I DO NOT need to see their vision Boba Fett, he'll end up being a tick box transgender adopted, dyslexic bullshit ***** with genuine anger issues, just a poor victim of society.

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
db94 said:
SAVORY100 said:
db94 said:
I DO NOT need to see their vision Boba Fett, he'll end up being a tick box transgender adopted, dyslexic bullshit ***** with genuine anger issues, just a poor victim of society.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's my boy! You are right, no more KK hashtag **** anymore. Go to your little witch house Kathleen and stay there, stop pissing of real SW fans and connoisseurs from over the world. We don't need your poison to this galaxy far, far away... :evil:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom