Header image

Why do most SW fans say ESB is the best film in the OT?

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Why do most SW fans say ESB is the best film in the OT?

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:53 pm

You old romantic Lars :lol:

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:18 pm

If pushed I would probably say ESB is my favourite, but that doesn't mean I think the other two (yes there are only three Star Wars films) are inferior. All three are masterpieces, and very different. ESB has the best sabre fight IMO - not the most technical, but that old saying "less is more." It has a perfect balance of action and suspense without being choreographed like a music video, something modern films don't seem to get. I also like the fact it ends in stalemate.

Crumm
Regular
Regular

Postby Crumm » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:03 pm

edd_jedi wrote:If pushed I would probably say ESB is my favourite, but that doesn't mean I think the other two (yes there are only three Star Wars films) are inferior. All three are masterpieces, and very different. ESB has the best sabre fight IMO - not the most technical, but that old saying "less is more." It has a perfect balance of action and suspense without being choreographed like a music video, something modern films don't seem to get. I also like the fact it ends in stalemate.

That's a good point, no one really "wins" the fight as such.

Luke comes off the worst but there is no real winner. Keeps the audience on the hook :D
"How much you wanna bet I could throw a football over them mountains!"

Return to “Star Wars Films”