The Last Jedi - DVD / BluRay releases

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Just thought it would be a nice idea to start a thread on the DVD BluRay releases that came out a week or so ago.

I know some folk don't like the film as much as others and that some loved the film, can't be arsed with listening to all that prattling on again... so please stick to the Extras on teh releases and if you like, the different jacket/packages that have been released...

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I'll kick it off by saying I got my copy from HMV; I opted for the 4k double disc with the extras disc too. Nicely packaged with a slip case. Not cheap, but decided to future proof as my TV will probably finally die in a the 12 months anyway.

EXTRAS

I loved them!
A couple of deleted scenes that I think they absolutely made the right decision to cut (the alternate start jumps out as the correct decision being made), but a few of them I would really like to have seen edited in; the Luke takes a moment scene was fantastic and I think should've been in it, although probably not cutting back to Leia.. who knows.

I really rated the Director and the Jedi, it really brought to life how Rian had developed the film, the characters and why he made the decisions he did. It backed up a lot of what he has delivered with reasoning and made a number of scenes even more powerful.

Showdown on Crait and One night with Andy Serkis were the other two standouts to me; that's not to suggest the rest is filler, it really is not, but these two I have now watched 3 or 4 times and they are still brilliant.

Overall I'm pleased and impressed with the whole package

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah, though the extras were usual top form. Id rate The Director and the Jedi just below The Beginning and Empire of Dreams.

I cant believe the exploding wall was a real set. Such a fantastic shot. This really highlights some of the amazing cinematography, a lot of which I didn't realise was on set, and thought it was CGI plates.

I don't like Canto Bight, but am confused as to why they didn't show off the set and creatures more.

Loved this Blu-Ray, Picture Quality is amazing.

Feel like im living in some fantasy Star Wars renaissance paradise.........

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Watched most the extras now and without being over critical, I fundamentally desagree with most of the reasons Rian Johnson gives for major plot twists and caractor development. Does not help that I find him really annoying, but thats my problem. I get the impression nothing was really thought out well at all and knowone ever questioned Rian Johnson about anything. Some of the best bits they cut out IMO! I am still looking forward to watching it again, it's Star Wars at the end of the day. :)

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Cazza said:
Not watched the extras yet, but got the large sleeve edition- a thing of beauty! 8)

I was tempted by that myself, but got suckered into buying it quick and easy in HMV instead of ordering it!

Chico

Jedi Knight
I really like the extras - some of the deleted scenes should have made the movie (Luke mourning Han and the third lesson for Rey).

The Director and the Jedi i was most looking forward to and that was a bit of a let down. It was cool to see how they made some of the sets and the actors interacting between takes etc but it felt a very superficial. I really wanted to see more of Rian's thought process before the filming, during the script writing phase.

My favourite parts were the scene breakdowns. Really enjoyed them.

Can't wait to watch the movie again - saw it several times at the cinema so interested to see what i think to it after a few months break! :)

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Love this film or loathe it, you have to admire the time and energy that was put into the production of TLJ. I enjoyed the extras and am looking forward to watching the movie again. Whether you like RJ or not I think you have to admit he's got balls. I felt stressed just watching the DVD, I can't imagine the pressure.

Chico

Jedi Knight
Yeah, that's a good point. When you watch a movie it is so easy not to appreciate the pressure and sleepless nights that's have gone into it. Imagine the pressure of trying to deliver a Star Wars movie never mind making a call to kill off one of the most beloved characters in modern pop culture. I wouldn't like having to tell Mark Hamill he doesn't make it to the end of the movie! :lol:

grinchy

Sith Lord
Really enjoyed the movie with commentary, very informative, and the extras were good to, the deleted scenes were very interesting, I thought Reys lesson was good and should have been included.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Got around to watching TLJ again yesterday and I have to say it's a really fun film. After watching the bonus disc I lost faith in this film, but actually think it's ok. Problem is there is so much to process, need to watch it at least another 3 times I reckon. :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom