Is The Last Jedi better than Caravan of Courage?

Bossk

Padawan
Sorry - couldn't resist. I was bored and over heating on a late train home. Thanks for playing along though. The responses have had me in stitches today. Cheered me up no end! :twisted:

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
I've never seen Caravan of Courage or Battle for Endor (and never felt the urge to), but surely to God they can't be any worse than that cringe-inducing, SJW wank-fest, franchise killing parody of a SW movie.....................IMHO, of course :wink: .

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I was about 5 when I first saw caravan of courage and at that age I was never really that critical or noticed the bad acting so I always enjoyed it as a kid.

lejackal

Grand Master
I watched the opening battle of TLJ tonight with my boy and absolutely love the fact he went and got his Poe Xwing to play with. He's four, I'm 37 and we love watching Star Wars together, whatever film or series it is.
If you don't like a film in the SW universe that's fine but you need to accept these new films are not made to appease us, they're made for my sons generation.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
I watched the opening battle of TLJ tonight with my boy and absolutely love the fact he went and got his Poe Xwing to play with. He's four, I'm 37 and we love watching Star Wars together, whatever film or series it is.
If you don't like a film in the SW universe that's fine but you need to accept these new films are not made to appease us, they're made for my sons generation.

^^^THIS^^^

Leemcl

Jedi Master
A studio like Disney does not make films for a set generation, they go as broad on the demographic as possible. So while our kids might show more love than us, they are not the primary target audience.

The broad strokes of the Last Jedi are what they are for the purpose of it being as accessible to as many as possible.

Those broad strokes are why I loathed the film so very much. We know that Luke being a tramp on an island does fit his character, mostly everyone else won't give a ****. They will see a "Gandolf" type old wizard and not question it. We know Rey is really annoying as she is good at everything with no justification. Most people won't think it through and just see a protagonist who is so "Blah" that she could be anyone.

As for if it's better than Caravan of Courage - yes it is, but probably not by a big enough margin to redeem its self

yoda

Sith Lord
I've never watched Caravan of Courage but I will soon. After watching the Star Wars Christmas special it gave me a bad feeling so I stayed to what I knew 'The originals' Is TLJ better? I'd say it is. I don't like TLJ myself but it has everything for a newer audience. It's a great action movie if that's what you want and full of mysterious people having battles on far away worlds. But I just love the originals because I was I kid when I was watching them and gave me an adventure to follow. Those are my happy memories regarding Star wars movies.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I like the caravan of courage and it is better than the last jedi, the last jedi is the worst star wars movie ever :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom