So what did you think about Solo: A Star Wars Story ??? SPOILERS

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Was thinking we could all write in this thread what we think about the movie after we have seen it.

So if you have not seen the movie yet, then please do not read anymore in this thread :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Changed the title to include SPOILERS to stop ppl like me reading it by mistake, though I'm still odds on to give it a miss.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Ok guys I just came home from the cinema after seeing the new Han Solo movie. I would say it is much better than episode 7 and 8. But Rogue One is better than this new Solo movie.

What can I say about the movie I was surprised to see Darth Maul :shock: also I did not understand why we saw him since he did not do much. Does the movie end like this or will there be another solo movie :?

Great to see how solo meet chewbacca, lando and how he get's his name, blaster and the falcon 8)

I must say the beginning could have been better, some scenes was to dark and I don't remember I ever saw the scar on his chin :?

I had hoped to see some more with solo in imperial service, maybe flying a tie fighter :lol:

Funny with the droid that thought lando was in love with her :lol:

The guys playing solo and lando did a good job to my big surprise.

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
I thought it was enjoyable overall.

They filled in all the necessary bits like meeting Chewbacca, Lando, winning the Falcon, etc.

However, I felt like I didn't find out as much about the character as I would have liked.

I didn't like Lando's femenist robot with the Captain Phasma voice.

Interesting to see Maul in there, but kind of pointless unless there will be a sequel or he will be in the Kenobi film.

The sets were good and the action scenes also pretty good.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
tobedesu said:
I thought it was enjoyable overall.

They filled in all the necessary bits like meeting Chewbacca, Lando, winning the Falcon, etc.

However, I felt like I didn't find out as much about the character as I would have liked.

I didn't like Lando's femenist robot with the Captain Phasma voice.

Interesting to see Maul in there, but kind of pointless unless there will be a sequel or he will be in the Kenobi film.

The sets were good and the action scenes also pretty good.

What did you think about the worm in the water in the beginning of the movie ? I think it was to stupid and also the white dogs, that was to human.

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
The water worm wasn't one of my favourite scenes, and as for Maul, I figured we'd get to see Dathomir, then didn't. I wondered if we'll get a movie about Qui'ra as her story wasn't finished. For that matter, it's possible Han will get a second movie because they left it a little unresolved with Qui'ra... I did enjoy the film and, despite it being weird seeing a different actor play Han at first, he lauded him quite well :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Nita Nitro said:
The water worm wasn't one of my favourite scenes, and as for Maul, I figured we'd get to see Dathomir, then didn't. I wondered if we'll get a movie about Qui'ra as her story wasn't finished. For that matter, it's possible Han will get a second movie because they left it a little unresolved with Qui'ra... I did enjoy the film and, despite it being weird seeing a different actor play Han at first, he lauded him quite well :)

I was surprised maul still was alive, I remember from the clone war cartoon tv series that he was still alive. But this solo movie is years after the clone wars. Maybe we get a Darth Maul movie :lol: I totally agree the movie was unresolved :? and the water worm was stupid :roll:

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Loved the water worm- was weird, but cool 8) Maul is in Rebels as well, so timeline-wise, it fits. Also had the same saber- good continuity.

Thought the cast were all Good, especially Han and Lando.

Really enjoyed all the little nods. Seeing Two-Tubes in Nest's gang was a nice surprise. Qui-ra trying on Lando's Bespin cape was also cool, along with mentions of Bossk and Aurra Sing.

They've set it up for a sequel for sure. Not sure it will be successful enough to happen though, due to the negativity surrounding SW at the moment. Would love to see a sequel.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes I loved all the nods to the origional trilogy, would have liked to see Bossk and love Woody Harrison in Lando's Skiff disguise!

I'm looking forward to the Kenobi film now, Darth Maul showdown surely!

yoda

Sith Lord
Just out the cinema door, it's a thumbs up for me. But I want to watch it again before I give it a final grade :D

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
As soon As I saw the robot leg in the hologram I pissed myself, Maul!!!

He's in Rebels which is after Solo. I also think we're going to get more of him, and Han, Chewie and Lando, possibly in a film or series.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Loved it

Han and Chewie meeting, Lando great character work. Big Han fan and was worried about new actor playing young Han, but need not have worried, for me he did a great believable job. Maul def fits timeline as mentioned previously.
Set up for a second film or series

Loved it :D

Spookedhippie

Sith Lord
I really like it...anyone get the reference when Lando is doing the retelling of his adventures? Or the fertility idol?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Spookedhippie said:
I really like it...anyone get the reference when Lando is doing the retelling of his adventures? Or the fertility idol?

No missed that. Thought Lando was great!

indianawars

Sith Lord
They'll have to do a second one! I need to know how he gets his chin scar! No sign of it during this film. Nice to see Ray Park was the one playing Maul again.

MarkG

Jedi Master
Not a bad film overall.. great storyline and effects..

Big surprise to see Maul though... would have expected the Emperor to be a better option but it's left the doors wide open for either a sequel or another story... with the Obi Wan movie coming up... maybe that will tie the lot together.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Good grief- just had a look at some of the audience reviews on Rotten Tomatoes- what has become of SW fandom?!!! The amount of 1/2 and 1 star reviews from people who haven't even seen the film, carping on about TLJ, Kathleen Kennedy and how she's alienating white male SW fans. There are even complaints about L3 being a SJW :roll: On YouTube the other day, John Campea gave it a decent review and was threatened by loads of so-called fans, one of whom proceeded to threaten to rape his daughter and wished his wife would die of cancer. Quite remarkable. Lots of Alt-right involvement in this anti Disney/Kathleen Kennedy movement, which is quite worrying.

yoda

Sith Lord
I really enjoyed the Han and Chewbacca scenes. They were my favourite. Just seeing the raw power of a Wookie was amazing. The magic bond between them that they always had I felt was there for me. I thought Lando was good also.
I had a good feeling about this movie even though I was very disappointed with TLJ. I guess it's because Han, Chewie and the Falcon were always my hero's. It certainly didn't desippoint me. I can't wait for more hopefully theirs more adventures ahead.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Cazza said:
Good grief- just had a look at some of the audience reviews on Rotten Tomatoes- what has become of SW fandom?!!! The amount of 1/2 and 1 star reviews from people who haven't even seen the film, carping on about TLJ, Kathleen Kennedy and how she's alienating white male SW fans. There are even complaints about L3 being a SJW :roll: On YouTube the other day, John Campea gave it a decent review and was threatened by loads of so-called fans, one of whom proceeded to threaten to rape his daughter and wished his wife would die of cancer. Quite remarkable. Lots of Alt-right involvement in this anti Disney/Kathleen Kennedy movement, which is quite worrying.

I think a lot of what you may read online is kids. I read a stat somewhere that the vast majority of online posts are by 13-18 year olds.

The Alt-right stuff is embarrassing. Reminds me of religious zealotry views on women and social progress. It's mind boggling that they are focusing their hatred on films while their country crumbles around them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom