Header image

So what did you think about Solo: A Star Wars Story ??? SPOILERS

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: So what did you think about Solo: A Star Wars Story ??? SPOILERS

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed May 30, 2018 12:07 pm

Cazza wrote:
Robstyley wrote: Agree the Darth Maul bit was wrong, he couldn’t have been there. He died when Anakin was 9, which was just before Han was born. How could he be there 20 years later? Er, no :?

Andy, it fits in perfectly with the timeline. He was put back together again on The Clone Wars, hence the metal legs. He also played a big roll in Rebels.

I remember he was put together in the clone wars, but I have not bought or seen season 3 of rebels yet. Is Maul in season 3 of rebels ? :?

Dr_Ball_MD
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Dr_Ball_MD » Wed May 30, 2018 12:51 pm

There's a whole Star Wars universe out there, explore it!

I think he may have been in series 2 and 3 of Rebels.
My loose vintage collection: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24345

Zuckuss fockuss: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34291

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Wed May 30, 2018 1:30 pm

Cazza wrote:
Robstyley wrote: Agree the Darth Maul bit was wrong, he couldn’t have been there. He died when Anakin was 9, which was just before Han was born. How could he be there 20 years later? Er, no :?

Andy, it fits in perfectly with the timeline. He was put back together again on The Clone Wars, hence the metal legs. He also played a big roll in Rebels.

Put back together?! After being chopped clean in half and falling a thousand feet down a big hole? :lol: Bollocks. There’s no coming back from that. I haven’t seen Clone Wars or Rebels but just because he’s appeared in an animation it doesn’t mean he can come back from the dead in Solo. What’s next? Old Hans not dead?

03830801-B8D5-46BC-89F3-7CD99BD00165.jpeg
03830801-B8D5-46BC-89F3-7CD99BD00165.jpeg (56.62 KiB) Viewed 416 times

theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby theforceuk » Wed May 30, 2018 1:48 pm

Why’s this impossible, lieutenant dan got new legs in Forest Gump and he wasn’t even a Smith Lord! I don’t think a cartoon is any more or less realistic than a Star Wars film either. :)
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Clarkspie&chips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Clarkspie&chips » Wed May 30, 2018 2:08 pm

I think having your legs amputated at the knees is a bit different to being chopped clean in half!

I remember seeing a documentary where Lucas stated he deliberately did that to maul to make sure there was no way he could come back as he wanted palpatines story in the prequels to be about his ongoing quest to find new apprentices.

I also watched a YouTube video on the comic book adaptation of mauls survival and it was quite good. Basically he uses his hatred of obi wan to harness the dark side which sustains him long enough for him to be treated.

Stubbs
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Stubbs » Wed May 30, 2018 2:33 pm

Robstyley wrote:
Cazza wrote:

Put back together?! After being chopped clean in half and falling a thousand feet down a big hole? :lol: Bollocks. There’s no coming back from that. I haven’t seen Clone Wars or Rebels but just because he’s appeared in an animation it doesn’t mean he can come back from the dead in Solo. What’s next? Old Hans not dead?

03830801-B8D5-46BC-89F3-7CD99BD00165.jpeg

Rob this is my thought's on it it appears to be quite a controversial issue with the maul timeline and fitting in with this movie. I have heard a few different explanations for it all different.

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Wed May 30, 2018 2:48 pm

theforceuk wrote:Why’s this impossible, lieutenant dan got new legs in Forest Gump and he wasn’t even a Smith Lord!
Quality! :lol: That he did but I didn't see them giving anyone new intestines.. bottom halves of spines.. and pelvises with whole legs attached.

Dr_Ball_MD
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Dr_Ball_MD » Wed May 30, 2018 3:10 pm

1. Do we know how Mauls internal organs work?

2. It's not real.

Darth Bobby
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Darth Bobby » Wed May 30, 2018 3:16 pm

Dr_Ball_MD wrote:1. Do we know how Mauls internal organs work?

2. It's not real.

Ha ha classic. Sometimes I forget it’s not real!! :lol:

Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Cazza » Wed May 30, 2018 5:53 pm

From Starwars.com:

Thought dead, Darth Maul survived his injuries by focusing on his hatred of Obi-Wan Kenobi, the Jedi who cut him in half. His shattered body was dumped amid the refuse of the junk planet Lotho Minor, where the once deadly warrior fell into madness, staying alive on a diet of vermin. When found by his brother Savage Opress, Maul had no memory of who he was, rambled nonsensically, and had built hideous spider-like legs in place of his severed ones.

Opress brought Maul back to his homeworld of Dathomir, where the Nightsister Mother Talzin used dark magicks to restore the fallen Sith’s mind and body. Maul reemerged, took Opress as his apprentice, and became obsessed with Kenobi. He and his brother began terrorizing worlds and allied with Death Watch, Black Sun, and the Pyke syndicate to form the Shadow Collective, a group which took over Mandalore. This led to Maul’s battle with Death Watch leader Pre Vizsla, who he dispatched violently and without mercy to assume total control of the planet. Throughout this time, Maul dueled Obi-Wan Kenobi on numerous occasions, and in an act of pure hatred, killed Obi-Wan’s former love, Duchess Satine Kryze. His revenge would prove double-edged, however, as the act created a dark side ripple sensed by his former Master, Darth Sidious. Sidious came to Mandalore where he declared the Zabrak brothers to be his rivals. The Sith Master killed Savage Opress and took Maul captive -- but not before joyfully torturing his old apprentice with Force lightning.
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby _Lee_ » Wed May 30, 2018 6:56 pm

Lets remember Luke lost his hand and saber on Bespin, only for said saber to pop up in TFA. We all thought that was gone forever.

Personally i would have liked to see a Maul movie rather than this cameo. He has more right to a movie than that overrated Fett. Saying that, both would make good movies.
Vintage toys ,prop and autograph collector and Luton Town FC supporter.
Also try to play guitar with the guy in my avatar as an inspiration!
JASON BECKER STILL THE BEST EVER AND STILL HERE DESPITE A.L.S.

theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby theforceuk » Wed May 30, 2018 7:11 pm

Dr_Ball_MD wrote:2. It's not real.

It is real, just a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away......

You have to watch Clone Wars then you will all understand. :lol:

I’m sure Clone Wars was made under George Lucas so he would have said yeah he can still be alive. As long as they don’t bring Mace Windu back with Luke Skywalker's hand sewn on, that would be getting silly.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Wed May 30, 2018 7:14 pm

Cazza wrote:Darth Maul survived his injuries
Really!?? :lol: This is the bit I'm struggling with.

Sorry mate but I don't care if it came from Starwars.com, some other expanded universe thing or George Lucas himself, I'm not buying it. It's not a case of disliking a story choice (as many have expressed they do with aspects of these recent films), it's a simple case of fucking physics, he could not survive that fall chopped in half! We shall just have to amicably disagree :)

jedisearcher
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby jedisearcher » Wed May 30, 2018 8:12 pm

Cazza wrote:His shattered body was dumped amid the refuse of the junk planet Lotho Minor, where the once deadly warrior fell into madness, staying alive on a diet of vermin.

How does that work then? Surely if he ate something it’d just flop straight out of the bit of space where his stomach used to be? It’d be like the best diet ever. :lol:

There’s a whole universe out there, let the dead stay dead and give us something original ...
WTB thread - most Palitoy 30b's and 3 debut 45a's: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17224

Memories from a 1980s Toy Shop: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24289

Dr_Ball_MD
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Dr_Ball_MD » Thu May 31, 2018 9:26 am

theforceuk wrote:
Dr_Ball_MD wrote:2. It's not real.

It is real, just a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away......

You have to watch Clone Wars then you will all understand. :lol:

I’m sure Clone Wars was made under George Lucas so he would have said yeah he can still be alive. As long as they don’t bring Mace Windu back with Luke Skywalker's hand sewn on, that would be getting silly.

Haha yep, I was more aiming at the questions on how Maul survived.

I've done Clone Wars, Rebels and every novel and comic of the new canon. I'm going to include story mode of Battlefront II as well in that!

Return to “Star Wars Films”