Header image

Please delete thread

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Please delete thread

Postby _Lee_ » Thu May 31, 2018 6:27 pm

Please delete.
Last edited by _Lee_ on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vintage toys ,prop and autograph collector and Luton Town FC supporter.
Also try to play guitar with the guy in my avatar as an inspiration!
JASON BECKER STILL THE BEST EVER AND STILL HERE DESPITE A.L.S.

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Am i the only one??

Postby yoda » Thu May 31, 2018 10:01 pm

I haven't bought it either. In fact I have never felt any urge to watch it again after my first viewing in the cinema. I will watch it again sometime but not in any rush at the moment.
I don't flush the toilet, I scare the shit out of it. ~Chuck Norris~
Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee~
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog imitation. ~Sgt. Oddball~

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Thu May 31, 2018 11:14 pm

I found the extras helpful, I realised Ryan Johnson has no idea what he is doing and it’s pretty lucky we got a watchable film. :lol:
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

poncho
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby poncho » Thu May 31, 2018 11:15 pm

didnt like it

loved the tfa even though it was a rehash of the original

tlj plot was awful as was the flow of the film

i will not buy it.

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:35 am

I'm a man of simple taste, I like lasers, explosions and spaceships and i'm happy with that, poor plot or not I still enjoy the movies as long as it looks and sounds like Star Wars for the most part. :)

I love TLJ, seen it 3 times now and will most likely watch it again within the next month, sure it's got some annoying scenes that make you wanna cry for the wrong reasons but i'm happy with the rest of it.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:49 am

I'm in the watched it multiple times camp

Saw it 8 times at the cinema in the end and have watched it 4-5 times on Bluray. I love TLJ, ranks highly in my full list of SW movies and actually struggle to understand how/why folk have such an issue with it ( i can see the flaws, I'm not blind, but the fuss is unbelievable to me). I genuinely think its as incredibly complex and well made film IMO with a refreshing shift to the linear track that SW was going down before it.
I have also massively enjoyed the documentaries and extras on the home release.

Anyway, we all like different stuff, some folk like ROTS and AOTC after all :lol:
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:14 pm

I love ROTS, brilliant film. :)

_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby _Lee_ » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:36 pm

theforceuk wrote:I love ROTS, brilliant film. :)

So do I. I think the PT are actually better to watch than the sequels. I myself (my own opinion before anyone gets irate :D ) find them to be an easier watch than TFA and TLJ. In many peoples minds, the PT was very poor and wooden - so to speak but to me, the sequels were 100 times worse. As much as I hate to say it, Daisy Ridley and friends are so poor and seem to try too hard. Daisy in particular was a very poor choice.

Now, im just going to watch the PT over Skype with Weasel. He loves the PT you know :D :D :D

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:16 pm

Yeah I’m not saying anything! :lol:

I have towo lists really, my personal favourite Star Wars films and then another list for which I think are the best films. Two completely different things. I wish the prequels were made in the same style as Solo and Rogue 1 though, gritty universe I mean.
Last edited by theforceuk on Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:24 pm

Over the years I have bought the original trilogy 4 times on VHS, once on laser disc, once on DVD and once on blu-ray. And if Disney ever releases the unaltered original trilogy on blu-ray, I will buy it again. I have bought TPM once on VHS, then again on DVD. I bought AOTC and ROTS once each on DVD, and then all of the prequels yet again on blu-ray. I bought TFA and Rogue One on blu-ray, and will also be buying Solo on blu-ray. I won't be buying the simply appalling, unforgivable, uncanonical, incredibly poorly written, non-sensical, godawful, fan-hating, piece of unmitigated shit that a sniggering Rian Johnson (presumably an envious closet Trekkie) shat out and inflicted upon an unsuspecting and undeserving world in the form of TLJ. Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy should be fucking ashamed of themselves for that travesty of an alleged Star Wars film.

I could literally spend all day listing its legion of faults and where it went wrong and how it could and should have very easily been done infinitely better, but I won't. What's done is done, and episode 8 won't change, more's the pity. For me, it's quite simply the film which killed the episodic franchise. If others enjoy it, then kudos to them for managing that. I certainly didn't, and not being a masochist, I won't be inflicting it upon myself ever again (along with anything else Rian Johnson comes within a thousand miles of, for that matter).

Does that answer your question? ;-)

_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby _Lee_ » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:46 pm

Snakebite?? More like Venom - i like you :D

You wanka Lucas!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:04 pm

Snaketibe wrote:Over the years I have bought the original trilogy 4 times on VHS, once on laser disc, once on DVD and once on blu-ray. And if Disney ever releases the unaltered original trilogy on blu-ray, I will buy it again. I have bought TPM once on VHS, then again on DVD. I bought AOTC and ROTS once each on DVD, and then all of the prequels yet again on blu-ray. I bought TFA and Rogue One on blu-ray, and will also be buying Solo on blu-ray. I won't be buying the simply appalling, unforgivable, uncanonical, incredibly poorly written, non-sensical, godawful, fan-hating, piece of unmitigated shit that a sniggering Rian Johnson (presumably an envious closet Trekkie) shat out and inflicted upon an unsuspecting and undeserving world in the form of TLJ. Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy should be fucking ashamed of themselves for that travesty of an alleged Star Wars film.

I could literally spend all day listing its legion of faults and where it went wrong and how it could and should have very easily been done infinitely better, but I won't. What's done is done, and episode 8 won't change, more's the pity. For me, it's quite simply the film which killed the episodic franchise. If others enjoy it, then kudos to them for managing that. I certainly didn't, and not being a masochist, I won't be inflicting it upon myself ever again (along with anything else Rian Johnson comes within a thousand miles of, for that matter).

Does that answer your question? ;-)

So your not keen on TLJ?
:lol:
I saw it once at the cinema and bought it on Blu-ray when it was released.
I wasn’t overly sure after the fist viewing at the cinema, but having watched it twice at home, have started to find that’s “it not a bad film”, and there are some amazing scenes.
Sure as Steve has said there are poor bits, and some awful bits, but aren’t there in all films?
Live and let live!

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:23 pm

_Lee_ wrote:Snakebite?? More like Venom - i like you :D

You wanka Lucas!

Thanks :-D... although the handle's Snaketibe, not bite ;-)

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:26 pm

Mini99 wrote:So your not keen on TLJ?
:lol:
I saw it once at the cinema and bought it on Blu-ray when it was released.
I wasn’t overly sure after the fist viewing at the cinema, but having watched it twice at home, have started to find that’s “it not a bad film”, and there are some amazing scenes.
Sure as Steve has said there are poor bits, and some awful bits, but aren’t there in all films?
Live and let live!

I don't remember any awful bits in Empire ;-)

But as stated in the above diatribe, if anyone else managed to derive enjoyment out of TLJ then my sincere congratulations to them! :D

StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby StarWarsFan » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:43 am

_Lee_ wrote:Am i the only one who hasnt bought TLJ yet?? :D My wife went to buy it for me today and i told her not to bother as ill get it when its £3 :D :D Even then it will only be from a collection point of view. I got TFA soon after it was released but its still in the wrapping and havent even contemplated watching it again. Rogue One i have watched a number of times now, and not only for the close up of Felicitys bum - i actually enjoy the film. :D

Hi mate, no your not I haven't bought it and never will even when its 50p from a car boot sale, someone offered it to me for free on copy was like no thank you. Not even going to watch cinema sinns video don't want to sit through that film in any shape or form ever again.

Return to “Star Wars Films”