Header image

Please delete thread

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Am i the only one??

Postby StarWarsFan » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:44 am

poncho wrote:didnt like it

loved the tfa even though it was a rehash of the original

tlj plot was awful as was the flow of the film

i will not buy it.

Thumbs up

StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby StarWarsFan » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:44 am

yoda wrote:I haven't bought it either. In fact I have never felt any urge to watch it again after my first viewing in the cinema. I will watch it again sometime but not in any rush at the moment.

Thumbs up

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:07 am

Snaketibe wrote:I don't remember any awful bits in Empire ;-)

Err...

What do Taun Taun eat?

So the main dudes fly inside a big slug’s gut that lives in the vacuum of space, they only need a small gas mask to survive though... hmm...

There’s a green lizard/wizard that can barely move without a cane, talks back to front too.., but we’re supposed to believe he’s the greatest Jedi ever... I mean seriously?!? He’s the size of a fuckin lightsaber but he supposed to be able weild one? Ridiculous

So, the entire Empire lead by Darth Vader is essentially on a quest to track down the Skywalker chap, but despite being the ultimate force and army in the galaxy, they gather five random bounty hunters, one of which (I think he’s called Iggy) would clearly fall the moment he moved as he has no joints... seems legit, the others are of course all better than the imperial army...

About them ATAT things... err given they walk slower than my 71 year old mum with a cane, why don’t the rebels just go sideways and run away from them... by the time they turn round the rebel troops could be on the other side of the planet let alone tundra.

Nothing wrong with a Empire at all, it’s a perfect movie, but we can all pick holes if we want to
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby _Lee_ » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:04 pm

SAVORY100 wrote:

Err...

What do Taun Taun eat?

So the main dudes fly inside a big slug’s gut that lives in the vacuum of space, they only need a small gas mask to survive though... hmm...

There’s a green lizard/wizard that can barely move without a cane, talks back to front too.., but we’re supposed to believe he’s the greatest Jedi ever... I mean seriously?!? He’s the size of a fuckin lightsaber but he supposed to be able weild one? Ridiculous

So, the entire Empire lead by Darth Vader is essentially on a quest to track down the Skywalker chap, but despite being the ultimate force and army in the galaxy, they gather five random bounty hunters, one of which (I think he’s called Iggy) would clearly fall the moment he moved as he has no joints... seems legit, the others are of course all better than the imperial army...

About them ATAT things... err given they walk slower than my 71 year old mum with a cane, why don’t the rebels just go sideways and run away from them... by the time they turn round the rebel troops could be on the other side of the planet let alone tundra.

Nothing wrong with a Empire at all, it’s a perfect movie, but we can all pick holes if we want to

Are you seriously trying to justify that the shite we have been served up is in anyway similar to the OT?

Empire was portrayed and acted out better. The script / storyline was excellent and left much to the imagination. Yoda's portrayal was fantastic in the OT and the big reveal was a revelation. Kids could act out the roles in their youth, it felt very different then.

Fast forward to TFA and TLJ and you have a lead role to a young lady who cannot act in any way,shape or form. She is possibly the worst actor ever to have graced the Star Wars franchise, even Hayden and Natalie were no where near as bad as her. Move onto Boyega, and he is just as bad.He tries to be the Han Solo character but completely lacks the charisma and appeal of Ford.

Just look at Rey's storyline, its laughable and a complete rip off from the OT.

I understand there are people who like these movies, but TLJ has destroyed any faith in what the future could have possibly held for the SW saga.
Vintage toys ,prop and autograph collector and Luton Town FC supporter.
Also try to play guitar with the guy in my avatar as an inspiration!
JASON BECKER STILL THE BEST EVER AND STILL HERE DESPITE A.L.S.

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:08 pm

You’re funny :lol:

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

CaptainAntilles
Regular
Regular

Postby CaptainAntilles » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:29 pm

I havnt bought it either , even if they were giving it away for free i wouldnt take a copy.
I met him in a swamp down in Dagoba
Where it bubbles all the time like a giant carbonated soda
S-O-D-A, soda

I saw the little runt sitting there on a log
I asked him his name and in a raspy voice he said "yoda"
Y-O-D-A, Yoda
yo yo yo yoda

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:37 pm

SAVORY100 wrote:

Err...

What do Taun Taun eat?

With respect, what I actually said was 'I don't remember any awful bits in Empire'. That's 'awful bits' take note, and I will stand absolutely by that statement.

These are not scientifically accurate sci-fi films, and they never were (there should be no sound in space for starters, and how come laser blasts travel so slowly we can actually see them move? etc.). I never claimed Empire was perfect, but I will claim that there are no genuinely awful moments in it either. I also maintain that Empire is quite excellent escapist entertainment for children of all ages (even those of us in our forties ;-)), with a brilliant and compelling story that has excitement, adventure and surprises throughout. It has superbly realised characters that we genuinely care about (what young fan in 1980 didn't spend the next 3 years worrying about the fate of Han Solo?) and was and is also excellent in a myriad other ways that (in my personal opinion), TLJ wasn't.

If what you wrote above truly represents your HONEST opinion about The Empire Strikes Back, then fair enough. Each to their own of course, and you're entitled to your opinion about Empire just as you are about TLJ. Just as I'm entitled to my own opinions about these films too.

BTW, if you want to know what tauntauns eat, you can find out here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tauntaun/Legends ;-)

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:48 pm

:lol:

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:21 pm

If I didn't like a movie, and there are many, I wouldn't spend time or energy telling people about it. I'd just move on. I personally think TLJ is my favourite of the 4 Disney releases.
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:42 pm

Richard_H wrote:If I didn't like a movie, and there are many, I wouldn't spend time or energy telling people about it. I'd just move on. I personally think TLJ is my favourite of the 4 Disney releases.

And if it were any other film, I would agree with you.

However, the chances are that you, like me and most of other people on this Forum, are here precisely because for us, the Star Wars films are not just any other film. Star Wars fans are often very passionate because they dearly love the franchise. I know I do, and therefore it's inevitable that when someone like me really hates what has been offered up in the form of TLJ (even if other fans such as yourself genuinely love the film), it's bound to provoke anger, sadness and frustration. Let's face it, TLJ is far more controversial and divisive than TFA or any other entry in the saga thus far. That's a terrible shame for everyone involved, not least Disney who won't have intentionally set out to make a film that half their target audience can't stand. At least by voicing our opinions, Disney have the opportunity to listen to the criticisms, and then either take notice of them or not. Personally I think they will take notice of them because TLJ did worse at the Box Office than Disney were hoping, so pure economics alone will dictate that Episode 9 will look a lot more like the OT than TLJ did. And for me, that will be a good thing and ultimately makes 'spending my time and energy telling people about it' well worth it.

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:05 pm

Clearly not! I bought TFA and TLJ on download off B.T. I'm a Star Wars fan. To be honest I couldn't give a fuck about the new films. They're o.k but I'm not going to get my knickers in a twist about them. I was aged 2 - 8 during the original trilogy releases, now I'm 42. It's a different world and a different time. The new ones are not anywhere near as good but I still enjoy them :)

_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby _Lee_ » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:59 pm

SAVORY100 wrote:You’re funny :lol:

Ok :)

So you seriously think that Ridley is a good actor?? And several others in the sequels??

With all due respect its easy for people to defend those abortions that they call sequels. I concur fully with what Rich said and as ive a!ways said i understand why others like the movies and respect those that do. I myself cannot stand them and people need to accept that people will have their opinions. Ratings and box office takings say a lot, but opinions and reviews say so much more. Jesus, even the guy who plays Luke disagreed with how the story has taken.

You want to know the one thing that really does hurt from TLJ?? This could have been a chance to pay tribute to Carrie Fisher but instead has made it and her a laughing stock. People dont just think of the hair buns or slave bikini anymore, its always about how shit that scene looks. Its an insult to her memory and Kennedy in particular is to blame for all this. A sensible route now would be to get rid of that bitch and bring someone in who doesnt want the attention. Make episode 9 and a few more stand alones and leave it be.

If all that makes me a miserable bastard, then so be it but when my 10 year old lad and a lot of his mates call it rubbish, then that speaks volumes.
Last edited by _Lee_ on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Grant_C » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:08 pm

Yeah she didn't get an highly coveted best new comer MTV award.

Don't fall for it Stephen, the intension behind this thread is to stir up shit and inflame the forum.

_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby _Lee_ » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:21 pm

Deleted post.Not worth it.
Last edited by _Lee_ on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Grant_C » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:34 pm

SAVORY100 wrote:You’re funny :lol:

Return to “Star Wars Films”