Best Star Wars films

Davaider

Padawan
Hi Guys Can you spare 1 mintue to rank your favourite Star Wars films in order in the link. Be interesting to see from the fans point of view. Will open comments once results are in
MTFBWY Guys.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/TPZ2S3S

Davaider

Padawan
Results are in Guys for Best To Worse Star Wars Films.
1) Empire Strikes Back
2) Star Wars New Hope
3) Return Of The Jedi
4) Rogue 1
5) The Force Awakens
6) Solo
7) Revenge of The Sith
8th) The Last Jedi
9) The Phantom Menace
10) Attack Of The Clones

Davaider

Padawan
3DAC297A-7AF3-4183-A26E-06FDCCC2092C.jpeg

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Thanks for doing this, i thought last Jedi would rank higher as a lot of members rate it very highly.
How many people took part?

Davaider

Padawan
Clarkspie&chips said:
Thanks for doing this, i thought last Jedi would rank higher as a lot of members rate it very highly.

Over a hundred mate.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Davaider said:
Clarkspie&chips said:

Over a hundred mate.

Really?
How does the scoring work. Is it based on the total points for all votes? the average score for each film, or some other weighting? I'd be very interested to see the Excel sheet if you'd be able to share it

Davaider

Padawan
Out of the 10 films , you had to choose your favourite to least favourite (1-10). In your preferable order.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Davaider said:
Out of the 10 films , you had to choose your favourite to least favourite (1-10). In your preferable order.

I know that, I voted.
I'm curious to see the actual data from 100+ voters and how that collates to the more simplistic bar chart you have presented

so you have 100+ voters
10 films, so in excess of 1000 data points to collate, each point with its own score of course
How is this then simplified into the bar chart?
Is there weighting for the users rankings?, or 10 points for being 1st, 9 points for second etc.
Is this then averaged or rawly applied to create a percentage for each film?

Davaider

Padawan
See pic Attached , this survey was limited to 100 people after that I would of had to pay a cost. Hope this helps.
B6E3015C-0FE2-4E1C-97AB-AF78FFA7BF18.png

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Yeah, that's really interesting actually - thank you for sharing. A real pain that it caps out at 100 voting IP addresses... I wonder how many actual individual people voted; I'll admit I tested it by voting twice (once on my phone and once on my work laptop). Such a small sample too, especially as I would be sure a few voted more than once - sorry.

It would also be interesting to know how many are by mobile device (more instant thought) and how many through desktop/laptop (more considered)... I use those terms as they are applied broadly to shopping statistics for e-commerce.

Stats are great though... using the data you provided I think it's worth acknowledging the following:

Most liked film (received the most 'top film' votes):

1) SW
2) ESB
3) ROTJ
4) ROTS
5) R1 & TLJ
7) TFA, TPM & Solo

Most Disliked film (received the most last place votes)

1) AOTC
2) TLJ
3) TPM
4) Solo
5) ROTS
6) SW
7) TFA & R1
9) ESB & ROTJ

Finally... most inoffensive film (received the most 5th and 6th placed rankings (combined points scored for the two positions))

1) Solo
2) TFA
3) TLJ
4) TPM
5) ROTS
6) ROTJ
7) R1
8) AOTC
9) ESB
10) SW

All quite interesting.. the film that seems to have courted most controversy (TLJ) places 8th overall when totalling up all points scored, it does however rank 3rd in the least offensive category (which seems ironic)... Its also quite not the most hated with ATOC picking up that accolade.

Unsurprisingly ESB ranked highest in total points scored and it also placed highly (2nd) in the most votes for first place. It also ranked last for being placed last.. so no one really hates it either.

At the other end and also unsurprisingly AOTC came out as the most disliked film as well as scoring the lowest total points.

It would be really good to see this done on a larger scale; multiple 100's of entries all with email address receipts to reduce/eliminate multiple entries, I really think you're onto the start of something, but as it stands the sample is so small it really hurts the usefulness of the data output. Not sure it will change your results, but it feels small. I'd suspect that there are more visits to this forum a day I expect than voted on this survey, which sadly undermines if it tells us anything about how fans feel about the films.

My only question is how a film gets zero ratings... TPM only adds up to 99 votes, but you have to pick a film for each of the ten (the survey is still taking votes) I just tested it, so the 1000 total points available has actually been recorded at 999

Davaider

Padawan
These are the final results Pomse , I gave it about 10 days for people to vote and it was for only the first 100 people to vote due to the website. I think even if another 100 people voted it wouldn't change much if at all if I'm honest.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom