Header image

Star Wars Fatigue

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
Darth Bobby
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Star Wars Fatigue

Postby Darth Bobby » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:45 pm

Just wondering... Is any one on the forum suffering from Star Wars fatigue? I’ve heard the term used many times on line and in the media.

IM NOT! I can’t get enough!

Granted not every film has been 10/10 but I’ve enjoyed each one and am definitely looking forward to the future ones.

Also if Disney hadn’t bought Star Wars and they weren’t making new films, what would we have to talk about??!

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Star Wars Fatigue

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:29 pm

SW Fatigue doesn't appear to be having a negative effect on Celebration. Ticket sales have never been hotter. VIP sold out in less than 2 minutes, 5 day passes in a couple of days and now Saturday passes sold out.

There's a danger Disney will kill a little bit of the magic the films meant, but to be fair that had arguably started in '99. Not going to go on about the PT and ST, but even if they were the best films ever, some magic would be lost. Too much of absolutely anything is never good. They've done it with Marvel so they'll do it with SW.

Whatever they do I'll always love the OT and the vintage toys so SW fatigue won't bother me :)

Pulsar
Regular
Regular

Postby Pulsar » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:21 pm

The SW fatigue excuse does my nut in, as does a person's decision not to watch Solo because they didn't like TLJ or hate Disney or Kathleen Kennedy.
A good film is a good film.
Marvel are doing 3 a year sometimes and look how Black Panther and Infinity did at the BO.
Fatigue is bollux, a good film is a good film.
Jesus, consider the soaps that have been on for 30 years or more and are on what? 3 or 4 times a week? that's 1 to 2 hours viewing A WEEK!!
A 2 hour film once every 6 or 12 months should be irrelevant.
Phook off to fatigue!
I agree, whatever they do or however it goes they can't ever take the OT away or the magic it instilled in me for my vintage toy passion.
Wanting to buy:
Star Wars store displays
Battlestar Galactica
Buck Rogers
Clash of the Titans

Ruby2511
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Ruby2511 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:28 pm

Pulsar wrote:The SW fatigue excuse does my nut in, as does a person's decision not to watch Solo because they didn't like TLJ or hate Disney or Kathleen Kennedy.
A good film is a good film.
Marvel are doing 3 a year sometimes and look how Black Panther and Infinity did at the BO.
Fatigue is bollux, a good film is a good film.
Jesus, consider the soaps that have been on for 30 years or more and are on what? 3 or 4 times a week? that's 1 to 2 hours viewing A WEEK!!
A 2 hour film once every 6 or 12 months should be irrelevant.
Phook off to fatigue!
I agree, whatever they do or however it goes they can't ever take the OT away or the magic it instilled in me for my vintage toy passion.

Well said Pulsar 8)

How can anybody get SW fatigue, we're all a passionate bunch on here, I personally cannot wait to see what Disney come out with next, especially with Ron Howard in the driving seat :D
Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

Dr_Ball_MD
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Dr_Ball_MD » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:18 pm

No way, keep it all coming, films, cartoons, books, comics, games. Anything!
My loose vintage collection: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24345

Zuckuss fockuss: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34291

db94
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby db94 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:31 pm

SW fatigue - yes and no

I am completely done with any of the new stuff. Didn't like TFA and absolutely hated TLJ, didn't bother going to see Solo so yes I am tired of the new stuff, no intention of watching anything Disney produces, buying any of the new figures etc BUT I still love the OT. Absolutely loads out there I haven't enjoyed yet - plenty of items produced between 77-85 to keep me going. I'm lucky enough to have completed my loose run of figures and pretty much got all ships/playsets I was after but a shit load of the SW weekly comics for me to chase down and enjoy, some retro gaming stuff so my passion is as strong as it ever was :D
My vintage/modern collection viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14191

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby weasel » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:48 pm

Pulsar wrote:The SW fatigue excuse does my nut in, as does a person's decision not to watch Solo because they didn't like TLJ

Glad to hear I can be of service in doing your nut in! 8) :lol:
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

Darth Bobby
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Darth Bobby » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:19 pm

For me the OT stuff is locked away in a part of my mind that nothing can touch, those films have their own place in space and time. All of the new stuff, Disney movies, Prequels, Clone Wars, even OT special editions are something different. There was no way they were ever going to make films as good as the OT, who has? What has come close to the OT? Non of the new stuff is perfect in my opinion, but I'm enjoying getting new films. Really loved Rogue One and Solo, if you haven't seen Solo as you're boycotting Disney I reckon you're missing out. See it on the big screen before it ends. That said I can understand people being p*ssed off at TLJ, but maybe Disney will put it right in Ep 9?!

Pulsar
Regular
Regular

Postby Pulsar » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:52 pm

Darth Bobby wrote:For me the OT stuff is locked away in a part of my mind that nothing can touch, those films have their own place in space and time. All of the new stuff, Disney movies, Prequels, Clone Wars, even OT special editions are something different. There was no way they were ever going to make films as good as the OT, who has? What has come close to the OT? Non of the new stuff is perfect in my opinion, but I'm enjoying getting new films. Really loved Rogue One and Solo, if you haven't seen Solo as you're boycotting Disney I reckon you're missing out. See it on the big screen before it ends. That said I can understand people being p*ssed off at TLJ, but maybe Disney will put it right in Ep 9?!

Absolutely spot on.

Anybody or any adult expecting to get the same feeling or enjoyment as they felt back in the day are a little naive to say the least, mugs actually :roll:
I am enjoying all the new stuff including TLJ because i go in without expectation or judgement.
I guess I'm quite lucky i am able to do this.

They're kids films ffs!
Wanting to buy:
Star Wars store displays
Battlestar Galactica
Buck Rogers
Clash of the Titans

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:06 pm

Well we all complained through all of the 90's that we didn't have enough Star Wars and dreamed of seeing more, and now we have our prayers answered, the dream came true.

Bring it on! 8)
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Michael Sith » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:30 pm

No SW fatigue for me, do get fatigue with politics, brexit, Trump, and the real world, so the SW escapism is always on the agenda for me.
Totally get that some people are not interested and I'm absoloutely fine with that, everyone has their own thing and that's what make s life interesting.
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby weasel » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:14 pm

Darth Bobby wrote:For me the OT stuff is locked away in a part of my mind that nothing can touch, those films have their own place in space and time. All of the new stuff, Disney movies, Prequels, Clone Wars, even OT special editions are something different. There was no way they were ever going to make films as good as the OT, who has? What has come close to the OT? Non of the new stuff is perfect in my opinion, but I'm enjoying getting new films. Really loved Rogue One and Solo, if you haven't seen Solo as you're boycotting Disney I reckon you're missing out. See it on the big screen before it ends. That said I can understand people being p*ssed off at TLJ, but maybe Disney will put it right in Ep 9?!

I'm not boycotting Disney as such. Though, I'm struggling to think of many other Disney films I would go and see, but then I don't really look at who is making the film, more what it's about.
I was just so let down by TLJ, the sheer number of things wrong with it really bugs me. Right from the start and stupid "comedy" bit with Po. anyway, to stop this descending into another discussion on TLJ I'll leave it there. But safe to say if Disney came out with some other film
I wanted to watch, I'd happily go and see it. Not sure I'll watch another Disney SW film though.
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:34 pm

I don't have SW fatigue either, however I suppose it's inevitable that some of the specialness of Star Wars has reduced as Disney pump new films out at a much faster rate than George Lucas ever did. The long three year waits between George's Star Wars film releases helped make them events in their own right, even making the main news. But with Disney's new films coming once or twice every year, they'll struggle to ever be that again.

My main concern is that Disney makes good Star Wars films, rather than them making too many. I hope they learn their lesson well from the massive backlash from half the fan base over TLJ. It's not good for the fans, Disney or Disney's profits to make films that only half their target audience likes, so however many more films they crank out, I hope they'll steer clear of some of the more easily avoidable areas of controversy that dogged TLJ and get back to making escapist, thrill-ride adventures that take us all back to that galaxy far, far away.

Pulsar
Regular
Regular

Postby Pulsar » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:41 pm

Snaketibe wrote:I don't have SW fatigue either, however I suppose it's inevitable that some of the specialness of Star Wars has reduced as Disney pump new films out at a much faster rate than George Lucas ever did. The long three year waits between George's Star Wars film releases helped make them events in their own right, even making the main news. But with Disney's new films coming once or twice every year, they'll struggle to ever be that again.

My main concern is that Disney makes good Star Wars films, rather than them making too many. I hope they learn their lesson well from the massive backlash from half the fan base over TLJ. It's not good for the fans, Disney or Disney's profits to make films that only half their target audience likes, so however many more films they crank out, I hope they'll steer clear of some of the more easily avoidable areas of controversy that dogged TLJ and get back to making escapist, thrill-ride adventures that take us all back to that galaxy far, far away.

Absolutely!

Michael Sith wrote:No SW fatigue for me, do get fatigue with politics, brexit, Trump, and the real world, so the SW escapism is always on the agenda for me.
Totally get that some people are not interested and I'm absoloutely fine with that, everyone has their own thing and that's what make s life interesting.

People should get things in perspective, your brexit and politics reference is so true.
I do respect people's decisions not to go but IMO they're not true SW fans, only OT fans.
Each to their own.
Wanting to buy:
Star Wars store displays
Battlestar Galactica
Buck Rogers
Clash of the Titans

db94
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby db94 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:13 pm

Pulsar wrote:but IMO they're not true SW fans, only OT fans.

Statements like this just cause problems in the community and result in stupid comments from both sides -

How in the fuck can not liking the latest batch of SW films mean you're not a "true" fan?
You can be a SW fan if you only enjoy the comics, or books, or cartoons or toys you don't have to enjoy everything to be classed as a true fan?

So if you love everything produced do date but don't enjoy the next standalone film do you immediately loose your "true fan" status :roll:

I'm a big Pink Floyd fan, so if in 10 years some other guys take over the band name with maybe 1 original member contributing - they produce a different style of music that I don't like am I no longer a true fan - previously bought all their albums, went to see them live on many occasions but all that means nothing?

I swear, shit like this is the reason I limit my time on forums and fb - I've said from word go I'm happy for anyone that enjoys the new stuff but so many idiots just desperate to claim you're not a real fan unless you love everything. You said it yourself - each to their own so don't presume someone else's level of fandom just because it doesn't line up with yours

So far you've said fans not going to see films because they dislike Kathleen Kennedy does your nut in
Not seeing Solo because you disliked TLJ makes you a mug
Not liking everything means you're not a true fan

I have a major issue with how these films are being produced - putting a feminist agenda before plot and character development is pathetic so won't be supporting Disney (they are a business) just like I wouldn't eat at a restaurant if I had an issue with how they sourced their ingredients regardless of how good the food tasted.

Have an oppinion on the film but DONT have an oppinion on other peoples decision to choose to not see a film and for fuck sake don't try and label them.

"each to their own" but I think you are a mug, you do my nut in and you're not a true fan :roll: :roll: :roll:
My vintage/modern collection viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14191

Return to “Star Wars Films”