Star Wars Fatigue

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Just wondering... Is any one on the forum suffering from Star Wars fatigue? I've heard the term used many times on line and in the media.

IM NOT! I can't get enough!

Granted not every film has been 10/10 but I've enjoyed each one and am definitely looking forward to the future ones.

Also if Disney hadn't bought Star Wars and they weren't making new films, what would we have to talk about??!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
SW Fatigue doesn't appear to be having a negative effect on Celebration. Ticket sales have never been hotter. VIP sold out in less than 2 minutes, 5 day passes in a couple of days and now Saturday passes sold out.

There's a danger Disney will kill a little bit of the magic the films meant, but to be fair that had arguably started in '99. Not going to go on about the PT and ST, but even if they were the best films ever, some magic would be lost. Too much of absolutely anything is never good. They've done it with Marvel so they'll do it with SW.

Whatever they do I'll always love the OT and the vintage toys so SW fatigue won't bother me :)

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
The SW fatigue excuse does my nut in, as does a person's decision not to watch Solo because they didn't like TLJ or hate Disney or Kathleen Kennedy.
A good film is a good film.
Marvel are doing 3 a year sometimes and look how Black Panther and Infinity did at the BO.
Fatigue is bollux, a good film is a good film.
Jesus, consider the soaps that have been on for 30 years or more and are on what? 3 or 4 times a week? that's 1 to 2 hours viewing A WEEK!!
A 2 hour film once every 6 or 12 months should be irrelevant.
Phook off to fatigue!
I agree, whatever they do or however it goes they can't ever take the OT away or the magic it instilled in me for my vintage toy passion.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Pulsar said:
The SW fatigue excuse does my nut in, as does a person's decision not to watch Solo because they didn't like TLJ or hate Disney or Kathleen Kennedy.
A good film is a good film.
Marvel are doing 3 a year sometimes and look how Black Panther and Infinity did at the BO.
Fatigue is bollux, a good film is a good film.
Jesus, consider the soaps that have been on for 30 years or more and are on what? 3 or 4 times a week? that's 1 to 2 hours viewing A WEEK!!
A 2 hour film once every 6 or 12 months should be irrelevant.
Phook off to fatigue!
I agree, whatever they do or however it goes they can't ever take the OT away or the magic it instilled in me for my vintage toy passion.

Well said Pulsar 8)

How can anybody get SW fatigue, we're all a passionate bunch on here, I personally cannot wait to see what Disney come out with next, especially with Ron Howard in the driving seat :D

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
SW fatigue - yes and no

I am completely done with any of the new stuff. Didn't like TFA and absolutely hated TLJ, didn't bother going to see Solo so yes I am tired of the new stuff, no intention of watching anything Disney produces, buying any of the new figures etc BUT I still love the OT. Absolutely loads out there I haven't enjoyed yet - plenty of items produced between 77-85 to keep me going. I'm lucky enough to have completed my loose run of figures and pretty much got all ships/playsets I was after but a **** load of the SW weekly comics for me to chase down and enjoy, some retro gaming stuff so my passion is as strong as it ever was :D

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Pulsar said:
The SW fatigue excuse does my nut in, as does a person's decision not to watch Solo because they didn't like TLJ

Glad to hear I can be of service in doing your nut in! 8) :lol:

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
For me the OT stuff is locked away in a part of my mind that nothing can touch, those films have their own place in space and time. All of the new stuff, Disney movies, Prequels, Clone Wars, even OT special editions are something different. There was no way they were ever going to make films as good as the OT, who has? What has come close to the OT? Non of the new stuff is perfect in my opinion, but I'm enjoying getting new films. Really loved Rogue One and Solo, if you haven't seen Solo as you're boycotting Disney I reckon you're missing out. See it on the big screen before it ends. That said I can understand people being p*ssed off at TLJ, but maybe Disney will put it right in Ep 9?!

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
Darth Bobby said:
For me the OT stuff is locked away in a part of my mind that nothing can touch, those films have their own place in space and time. All of the new stuff, Disney movies, Prequels, Clone Wars, even OT special editions are something different. There was no way they were ever going to make films as good as the OT, who has? What has come close to the OT? Non of the new stuff is perfect in my opinion, but I'm enjoying getting new films. Really loved Rogue One and Solo, if you haven't seen Solo as you're boycotting Disney I reckon you're missing out. See it on the big screen before it ends. That said I can understand people being p*ssed off at TLJ, but maybe Disney will put it right in Ep 9?!

Absolutely spot on.

Anybody or any adult expecting to get the same feeling or enjoyment as they felt back in the day are a little naive to say the least, mugs actually :roll:
I am enjoying all the new stuff including TLJ because i go in without expectation or judgement.
I guess I'm quite lucky i am able to do this.

They're kids films ffs!

subzero

Sith Lord
Well we all complained through all of the 90's that we didn't have enough Star Wars and dreamed of seeing more, and now we have our prayers answered, the dream came true.

Bring it on! 8)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
No SW fatigue for me, do get fatigue with politics, brexit, Trump, and the real world, so the SW escapism is always on the agenda for me.
Totally get that some people are not interested and I'm absoloutely fine with that, everyone has their own thing and that's what make s life interesting.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Darth Bobby said:

I'm not boycotting Disney as such. Though, I'm struggling to think of many other Disney films I would go and see, but then I don't really look at who is making the film, more what it's about.
I was just so let down by TLJ, the sheer number of things wrong with it really bugs me. Right from the start and stupid "comedy" bit with Po. anyway, to stop this descending into another discussion on TLJ I'll leave it there. But safe to say if Disney came out with some other film
I wanted to watch, I'd happily go and see it. Not sure I'll watch another Disney SW film though.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I don't have SW fatigue either, however I suppose it's inevitable that some of the specialness of Star Wars has reduced as Disney pump new films out at a much faster rate than George Lucas ever did. The long three year waits between George's Star Wars film releases helped make them events in their own right, even making the main news. But with Disney's new films coming once or twice every year, they'll struggle to ever be that again.

My main concern is that Disney makes good Star Wars films, rather than them making too many. I hope they learn their lesson well from the massive backlash from half the fan base over TLJ. It's not good for the fans, Disney or Disney's profits to make films that only half their target audience likes, so however many more films they crank out, I hope they'll steer clear of some of the more easily avoidable areas of controversy that dogged TLJ and get back to making escapist, thrill-ride adventures that take us all back to that galaxy far, far away.

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
Snaketibe said:
I don't have SW fatigue either, however I suppose it's inevitable that some of the specialness of Star Wars has reduced as Disney pump new films out at a much faster rate than George Lucas ever did. The long three year waits between George's Star Wars film releases helped make them events in their own right, even making the main news. But with Disney's new films coming once or twice every year, they'll struggle to ever be that again.

My main concern is that Disney makes good Star Wars films, rather than them making too many. I hope they learn their lesson well from the massive backlash from half the fan base over TLJ. It's not good for the fans, Disney or Disney's profits to make films that only half their target audience likes, so however many more films they crank out, I hope they'll steer clear of some of the more easily avoidable areas of controversy that dogged TLJ and get back to making escapist, thrill-ride adventures that take us all back to that galaxy far, far away.

Absolutely!

Michael Sith said:
No SW fatigue for me, do get fatigue with politics, brexit, Trump, and the real world, so the SW escapism is always on the agenda for me.
Totally get that some people are not interested and I'm absoloutely fine with that, everyone has their own thing and that's what make s life interesting.

People should get things in perspective, your brexit and politics reference is so true.
I do respect people's decisions not to go but IMO they're not true SW fans, only OT fans.
Each to their own.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Pulsar said:
but IMO they're not true SW fans, only OT fans.

Statements like this just cause problems in the community and result in stupid comments from both sides -

How in the **** can not liking the latest batch of SW films mean you're not a "true" fan?
You can be a SW fan if you only enjoy the comics, or books, or cartoons or toys you don't have to enjoy everything to be classed as a true fan?

So if you love everything produced do date but don't enjoy the next standalone film do you immediately loose your "true fan" status :roll:

I'm a big Pink Floyd fan, so if in 10 years some other guys take over the band name with maybe 1 original member contributing - they produce a different style of music that I don't like am I no longer a true fan - previously bought all their albums, went to see them live on many occasions but all that means nothing?

I swear, **** like this is the reason I limit my time on forums and fb - I've said from word go I'm happy for anyone that enjoys the new stuff but so many idiots just desperate to claim you're not a real fan unless you love everything. You said it yourself - each to their own so don't presume someone else's level of fandom just because it doesn't line up with yours

So far you've said fans not going to see films because they dislike Kathleen Kennedy does your nut in
Not seeing Solo because you disliked TLJ makes you a mug
Not liking everything means you're not a true fan

I have a major issue with how these films are being produced - putting a feminist agenda before plot and character development is pathetic so won't be supporting Disney (they are a business) just like I wouldn't eat at a restaurant if I had an issue with how they sourced their ingredients regardless of how good the food tasted.

Have an oppinion on the film but DONT have an oppinion on other peoples decision to choose to not see a film and for **** sake don't try and label them.

"each to their own" but I think you are a mug, you do my nut in and you're not a true fan :roll: :roll: :roll:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
You don't lose your true fan status because someone says your not a true fan, you know your a fan and that's all that matters.
Other people's opinions of me in truth are not important to me, I have my own principles, self esteem and values. Try to live a life that does not impact anyone else through greed, avarice, jealousy etc etc, happy in my skin, married to a better person than me ( punching way above my weight there) have a great family.
If someone is not of the same opinion as me I listen to their point of view, and sometimes learn something from their perspective ( which may be positive or negative) but don't let it get me down in any way, as I said before, if we were all the same we would be in a field saying "Baaaaaa"

So if you like the new SW stuff great, if you don't, great, let's all get on and find common ground we do have and build from there :D

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
You don't lose your true fan status because someone says your not a true fan, you know your a fan and that's all that matters.
Other people's opinions of me in truth are not important to me, I have my own principles, self esteem and values. Try to live a life that does not impact anyone else through greed, avarice, jealousy etc etc, happy in my skin, married to a better person than me ( punching way above my weight there) have a great family.
If someone is not of the same opinion as me I listen to their point of view, and sometimes learn something from their perspective ( which may be positive or negative) but don't let it get me down in any way, as I said before, if we were all the same we would be in a field saying "Baaaaaa"

So if you like the new SW stuff great, if you don't, great, let's all get on and find common ground we do have and build from there :D

Well said Michael 8)

It doesn't pay for us all to be the same, we all have differences of opinions....so what :lol: , its interesting to hear what people like or dislike, at the end of the day were all fans of Star Wars in some way shape or form :D

Crumm

Padawan
Ruby2511 said:
Michael Sith said:

Well said Michael 8)

It doesn't pay for us all to be the same, we all have differences of opinions....so what :lol: , its interesting to hear what people like or dislike, at the end of the day were all fans of Star Wars in some way shape or form :D

This is true, Star Wars brought us all here after all.

Regarding the original post, I am personally starting to feel some fatigue set in. Star Wars is beginning to feel less of an event and more of a "oh, another one". I probably won't see Solo in the cinema (which is a first for me with Star Wars films) so that is an indication that I am migrating away from it at least a little bit. I still adore the OT, and I like TPM, RotS and TFA, and I will still continue collecting and enjoying vintage Star Wars figures.

But as for R1 and TLJ, they just didn't do it for me, and unfortunately there was nothing about the Solo trailer that stood out and made me think "I must go see this!"

Personally I hope they keep them coming though, times have changed and I think the newer films reflect that, Star Wars does need updating for a new audience (Many of which are our kids).

The original trilogy magic is never coming back, it will remain a time-capsule that many of us on here are old enough to remember, and for that we should be grateful.

grinchy

Sith Lord
No fatigue for me, i'm enjoying the new movies so far, I've seen Solo twice, and enjoyed it both times, there is a nagging part of me that wishes the old gang had all been together in the new movies, han leia luke chewie the droids, all together for one last go around, don't get me wrong I like they changed it up, but I do think what if ….
I don't think it makes you any less of a fan if you don't like the new movies, that's just a difference of opinion, we will always have the OT, thats my first love

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
No fatigue for me either...

I like it all, makes me feel like a kid and I guess therefore I watch it all and enjoy it all like one. I actually wish I had read Marvel comics as a kid as I irritatingly seem to dislike every single Marvel film, because I see them all with adult eyes and sensibilities and it kinda exposes how poor they all are... If I could get into a child like mindset, I expect I'd love them too! :lol:

Bring on more Star Wars, more, more... more terribly made toys from Hasbro, more films, more magazines, more comics, more audio and printed books, more podcast.. OK maybe less of those terrible PO-ZU shoe things, but hey, maybe just me.. more TV.. we need more TV, I just watched all the Clone Wars (actually both animated versions and all series within them both) and I'm now about to re-watch Rebels...

Apart from as a 8,9 & 10 year old, I don't think I've ever been happier as a Star Wars fan!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom