Header image

George's vision for episodes 7-9

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

George's vision for episodes 7-9

Postby weasel » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:06 pm

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/243480 ... been-about

All I can say is THANK FUCK FOR DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: George's vision for episodes 7-9

Postby Snaketibe » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:41 pm

*Checks calendar to make sure it's not April 1st* ... Really, George?... REALLY?

Jesus, can no-one out there come up with a new story that's even vaguely consistent with, and a logical and exciting continuation of, the original trilogy? I had been hoping George's unmade scripts would be better than the tripe Disney served up (IMHO, TFA is good, but deeply flawed, and the less said about TLJ the better), but it seems like it's true what they say; you can't go home again :-(

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:37 pm

That would have been amazing! :lol:
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:11 pm

I would still have preferred to see his vision finished and have Disney do what the want

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:42 am

I don't even know what to say about this, I have no words for how pants and boring this sounds, ahh there we go... pants and boring!! :lol:
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby weasel » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:11 am

subzero wrote:I don't even know what to say about this, I have no words for how pants and boring this sounds, ahh there we go... pants and boring!! :lol:

Pants and boring is an understatement.

I think we can finally, 100% confirm that George either had a moment of genius when he did the OT or he got VERY lucky. Either way, since then everything SW he has done has been awful.
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:32 am

weasel wrote:
subzero wrote:I don't even know what to say about this, I have no words for how pants and boring this sounds, ahh there we go... pants and boring!! :lol:

Pants and boring is an understatement.

I think we can finally, 100% confirm that George either had a moment of genius when he did the OT or he got VERY lucky. Either way, since then everything SW he has done has been awful.

I kind of see it how it works the same way with other things such as music, lets say Oasis as an example. Their first 3 albums ( especially the first 2 ) were fucking pieces of art, mainly Noel and whoever else who contributed to creating their music during that time put pure magic into those songs, and when a fantastic idea is created and pioneered by someone in a time where it hadn't ever been seen before then that helps people to love it more. Then all of a sudden the 4th album comes out and everyone is thinking "what the fuck is this shit?", it kind of has that Oasis sound but it's all very generic and very boring and has zero magic in it, complete with some silly ideas that anybody could have came up with.

What I think happens is some people have an amazing vision of what something should sound / look like and are able create amazing masterpieces with it, but eventually their ideas run out and all they have left to give is something that seems similar to what they originally created, but nowhere near the masterpieces they gave us. The magic quite literally runs out!
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

Crumm
Regular
Regular

Postby Crumm » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:48 pm

Hmmm.

Looks like he was diving back into his "keep that for later" writing box.

The "Whills" were part of one of George's early drafts for Star Wars.

In the early stages he had it named something like "Journal of the Whills" they were supposed to be a "little people" kinda like Hobbits.
"How much you wanna bet I could throw a football over them mountains!"

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:04 pm

Good Lord... I can only imagine how much louder the few that don't like Disney would have been if this had been made! They may not like what they got, but wow... just wow...

I know that we all like different things (and that should be a positive thing really), we can just not watch what we don't like, but.. this is just a ridiculous concept... at least those that don't like what we have had may see how much worse it could've been! :lol:
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

jedisearcher
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby jedisearcher » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:06 pm

Come on, hands up, who were the people who signed the petition for Lucas to redo Eps 7 and 8?? :lol:
WTB thread - most Palitoy 30b's and 3 debut 45a's: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17224

Memories from a 1980s Toy Shop: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24289

Return to “Star Wars Films”