George's vision for episodes 7-9

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2434800/george-lucas-explains-what-his-star-wars-sequel-trilogy-would-have-been-about

All I can say is THANK **** FOR DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
*Checks calendar to make sure it's not April 1st* ... Really, George?... REALLY?

Jesus, can no-one out there come up with a new story that's even vaguely consistent with, and a logical and exciting continuation of, the original trilogy? I had been hoping George's unmade scripts would be better than the tripe Disney served up (IMHO, TFA is good, but deeply flawed, and the less said about TLJ the better), but it seems like it's true what they say; you can't go home again :-(

lejackal

Grand Master
I would still have preferred to see his vision finished and have Disney do what the want

subzero

Sith Lord
I don't even know what to say about this, I have no words for how pants and boring this sounds, ahh there we go... pants and boring!! :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
subzero said:
I don't even know what to say about this, I have no words for how pants and boring this sounds, ahh there we go... pants and boring!! :lol:

Pants and boring is an understatement.

I think we can finally, 100% confirm that George either had a moment of genius when he did the OT or he got VERY lucky. Either way, since then everything SW he has done has been awful.

subzero

Sith Lord
weasel said:
subzero said:

Pants and boring is an understatement.

I think we can finally, 100% confirm that George either had a moment of genius when he did the OT or he got VERY lucky. Either way, since then everything SW he has done has been awful.

I kind of see it how it works the same way with other things such as music, lets say Oasis as an example. Their first 3 albums ( especially the first 2 ) were ****ing pieces of art, mainly Noel and whoever else who contributed to creating their music during that time put pure magic into those songs, and when a fantastic idea is created and pioneered by someone in a time where it hadn't ever been seen before then that helps people to love it more. Then all of a sudden the 4th album comes out and everyone is thinking "what the **** is this ****?", it kind of has that Oasis sound but it's all very generic and very boring and has zero magic in it, complete with some silly ideas that anybody could have came up with.

What I think happens is some people have an amazing vision of what something should sound / look like and are able create amazing masterpieces with it, but eventually their ideas run out and all they have left to give is something that seems similar to what they originally created, but nowhere near the masterpieces they gave us. The magic quite literally runs out!

Crumm

Padawan
Hmmm.

Looks like he was diving back into his "keep that for later" writing box.

The "Whills" were part of one of George's early drafts for Star Wars.

In the early stages he had it named something like "Journal of the Whills" they were supposed to be a "little people" kinda like Hobbits.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Good Lord... I can only imagine how much louder the few that don't like Disney would have been if this had been made! They may not like what they got, but wow... just wow...

I know that we all like different things (and that should be a positive thing really), we can just not watch what we don't like, but.. this is just a ridiculous concept... at least those that don't like what we have had may see how much worse it could've been! :lol:

Dewannawonga

Youngling
George can f*** right off. The less involvement he has from now on the better.

All he lol add is CGI silly monsters in the background farting or something.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Dewannawonga said:

You mean aside from actually coming up with the entire reason we're on this forum at all and creating arguably the best movie franchise of all time, some off the most beloved and recognisable characters in cinema history and pioneering new film techniques to show us some incredibly rich and creative storytelling. Yeah, i guess he hasn't given us much. :roll:

GLucas

Padawan
TK-7785 said:
Dewannawonga said:

You mean aside from actually coming up with the entire reason we're on this forum at all and creating arguably the best movie franchise of all time, some off the most beloved and recognisable characters in cinema history and pioneering new film techniques to show us some incredibly rich and creative storytelling. Yeah, i guess he hasn't given us much. :roll:

You are right. George began with this idea of a galaxy far, far away. A dream world for us to create even greater dreams in our fantasy. In my opinion he is a great story teller and did an excellent job on the original trilogy. Love it and year by year I even love it more. Prequels were ok, at least something different, so enough fantasy in them. Disney took another way, a mix of fantasy with social issues of this time. Not quite my cup of tea, but still SW. Give George the credits he deserves.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
GLucas said:
TK-7785 said:
Dewannawonga said:

You are right. George began with this idea of a galaxy far, far away. A dream world for us to create even greater dreams in our fantasy. In my opinion he is a great story teller and did an excellent job on the original trilogy. Love it and year by year I even love it more. Prequels were ok, at least something different, so enough fantasy in them. Disney took another way, a mix of fantasy with social issues of this time. Not quite my cup of tea, but still SW. Give George the credits he deserves.

I couldn't agree more, Mr Lucas. :lol:

I actually rewatched the prequels in order the other week (having not watched them in years) and, although I'm still not their biggest fan, I have a new found respect for certain story arcs and decisions George implemented that echo what happened in the OT. Also, having worked with a couple of guys younger than I who grew up on the prequels, like may of us did on the OT, I realised a lot of the opinions we have on which are the best films, or even good Star Wars films, "depends greatly on our own point of view". Or rather those films we watched as kids. Because it's during those impressionable years when our imaginations where captured.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TK-7785 said:
GLucas said:
TK-7785 said:

I couldn't agree more, Mr Lucas. :lol:

I actually rewatched the prequels in order the other week (having not watched them in years) and, although I'm still not their biggest fan, I have a new found respect for certain story arcs and decisions George implemented that echo what happened in the OT. Also, having worked with a couple of guys younger than I who grew up on the prequels, like may of us did on the OT, I realised a lot of the opinions we have on which are the best films, or even good Star Wars films, "depends greatly on our own point of view". Or rather those films we watched as kids. Because it's during those impressionable years when our imaginations where captured.
Summed up to a tee, and the same is true for the last two films as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom