Header image

Hayden C

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Hayden C

Postby _Lee_ » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:36 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P4ZFIl-yQB4

:D i was thinking about doing one and someone beat me to it. i would have thrown the 'nooooooooooooo' from ROTS in too.

FWIW i think Hayden is a great guy and dome well in ROTS. Never understood the grief he gets.
Vintage toys ,prop and autograph collector and Luton Town FC supporter.
Also try to play guitar with the guy in my avatar as an inspiration!
JASON BECKER STILL THE BEST EVER AND STILL HERE DESPITE A.L.S.

Cardbackkid
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Hayden C

Postby Cardbackkid » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:34 am

Totally agree ! I thought he played/acted a great character

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:56 am

I think he did an amazing job acting that character, even the look of his face did a good job :lol: .. I always thought he really suited that role, he does have that kind of face that has the ability to look nice and kind but then switch to also look quite sinister and evil.

A lot of people gave him stick over the way his voice sounded a bit monotone and wooden, but wasn't he just trying to mildly copy the way Vader's voice sounded??, I don't think it would have worked well as Anakin if he just did his same voice that he usually does in other film roles sounding all normal and happy. His voice to me actually makes him sound a bit unsure of himself and conflicting which suits the character, it works well for me!
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

Davaider
Regular
Regular

Postby Davaider » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:38 am

Met Him at Celebaration last year he’s a great guy and was overwhelmed with the fan base he has....he was only originally supposed to be at Celebaration for 2 days but he’s photo shoot got sold out quick and they convinced him to do the full 4 days.
He is stiff in AOTC , a lot of pressure on him as a youngster to forfill Vader’s boots but Lucas should not of let some of the acting pass.
In ROTS he’s a different man, acted out the role excellent and I still say ROTS is 1 of the best Star Wars movies ever released !

theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby theforceuk » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:05 am

I agree, ROTS is in my top 3 favourite Star Wars films. Unfortunately the first two prequels were pretty bad and a lot of fans minds were already made up before they had even seen Episode 3, so it will never be popular amongst fans although I think it is liked a lot more than most perceive it to be.

The point that a lot of fans make is it could have been a lot better and you have to say their is no argument against that. I have probably watched it more than any other film in the last 13 years. :)
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:32 am

I don't think Hayden's acting is bad at all in the prequels, even though it looks it at times! Natalie Portman, Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen all gave George Lucas the performances HE wanted, and what George wanted comes across to most people as rather stilted and wooden. We know both Natalie and Ewan are fabulous actors, but even their performances come in for some stick in the prequels because of George's direction. Hayden's performance is no different. He's a good actor giving his director the performance he was asked to give.

Crumm
Regular
Regular

Postby Crumm » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:01 pm

He seems like a top guy in real life.

I think he struggled slightly in AotC, but there are not many young actors who confronted with that role wouldn't have to be honest. But he did his best, and I am convinced that some of the problems he had were with the dialogue he was forced to spout (a common problem with SW films :lol: )

RotS he was brilliant, he had really grown into the character, and I think he had a lot of fun exploring the whole "fall to the dark side" and becoming a villain.
"How much you wanna bet I could throw a football over them mountains!"

Return to “Star Wars Films”