Hayden C

_Lee_

Sith Lord
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P4ZFIl-yQB4

:D i was thinking about doing one and someone beat me to it. i would have thrown the 'nooooooooooooo' from ROTS in too.

FWIW i think Hayden is a great guy and dome well in ROTS. Never understood the grief he gets.

subzero

Sith Lord
I think he did an amazing job acting that character, even the look of his face did a good job :lol: .. I always thought he really suited that role, he does have that kind of face that has the ability to look nice and kind but then switch to also look quite sinister and evil.

A lot of people gave him stick over the way his voice sounded a bit monotone and wooden, but wasn't he just trying to mildly copy the way Vader's voice sounded??, I don't think it would have worked well as Anakin if he just did his same voice that he usually does in other film roles sounding all normal and happy. His voice to me actually makes him sound a bit unsure of himself and conflicting which suits the character, it works well for me!

Davaider

Padawan
Met Him at Celebaration last year he's a great guy and was overwhelmed with the fan base he has....he was only originally supposed to be at Celebaration for 2 days but he's photo shoot got sold out quick and they convinced him to do the full 4 days.
He is stiff in AOTC , a lot of pressure on him as a youngster to forfill Vader's boots but Lucas should not of let some of the acting pass.
In ROTS he's a different man, acted out the role excellent and I still say ROTS is 1 of the best Star Wars movies ever released !

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree, ROTS is in my top 3 favourite Star Wars films. Unfortunately the first two prequels were pretty bad and a lot of fans minds were already made up before they had even seen Episode 3, so it will never be popular amongst fans although I think it is liked a lot more than most perceive it to be.

The point that a lot of fans make is it could have been a lot better and you have to say their is no argument against that. I have probably watched it more than any other film in the last 13 years. :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I don't think Hayden's acting is bad at all in the prequels, even though it looks it at times! Natalie Portman, Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen all gave George Lucas the performances HE wanted, and what George wanted comes across to most people as rather stilted and wooden. We know both Natalie and Ewan are fabulous actors, but even their performances come in for some stick in the prequels because of George's direction. Hayden's performance is no different. He's a good actor giving his director the performance he was asked to give.

Crumm

Padawan
He seems like a top guy in real life.

I think he struggled slightly in AotC, but there are not many young actors who confronted with that role wouldn't have to be honest. But he did his best, and I am convinced that some of the problems he had were with the dialogue he was forced to spout (a common problem with SW films :lol: )

RotS he was brilliant, he had really grown into the character, and I think he had a lot of fun exploring the whole "fall to the dark side" and becoming a villain.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom