Did anyone else watch esb yesterday on itv2?

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
It's been awhile since I'd seen it, such a great film!

A couple of things though, I'd forgotten how much of a dick Han is, the acting is pretty awful from most of them.

The hoth special effects still hold up pretty well but yodas mouth moving to words is pretty poor.

I still love the bit where the falcon floats away with the trash and boba follows, I remember that bit as a kid getting me excited

The bespin set and design is really cool and I especially like all the scenes involving the carbonite and Vader's trap, the orange and blue lighting is so effective in those.

I'd forgotten Vader rips all that metal work off the walls and throws it at Luke, what an asshole!!

I wish they kept the old creepy looking emperor face rather than update it for the 90s release, it freaked me out as a kid that and seeing a bit of vaders weird head

It's great how you come away from watching one of the films and coming away feeling great

What are some of your favourite bits in esb?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I didn't watch it, but I make sure I watch it at least once a year. My favourite bit of ESB and probably any of the Star Wars films is 'The force is with you young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet!' Amazing moment. 8)

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Nope......wish i had, i was putting the wife's car back together for 4 friggin hours after the garage took it to pieces and said they could find the fault :x :x

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yeah I saw it. Love seeing them on TV. I got home late one night last week and was in a filthy temper. Ep IV was on ITV2+1 within 5 minutes I was in a really great mood. You can't beat the OT even with the dodgy special edition inserts. I can't believe how young they all look. ROTJ next week, can't wait. It's always fun to play spot Yak Face and Amanaman, classic.

subzero

Sith Lord
Mine is this whole scene, with that awesome music... :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvJDItC6tE0

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
As a kid I always remember the very last scene on the rebel ship where Luke , Leia and the droids look out the window, I had such excitement and anticipation back then awaiting the next instalment, then we got Ewoks :lol: Empire like most, has always been my fav of all the films

subzero

Sith Lord
bosk70 said:
As a kid I always remember the very last scene on the rebel ship where Luke , Leia and the droids look out the window, I had such excitement and anticipation back then awaiting the next instalment, then we got Ewoks :lol: Empire like most, has always been my fav of all the films

That part of the musical score on that last scene is my single best piece of music in all of Star Wars, it's just the perfect emotional ending music for ESB and gives me goosebumps every time I watch it, I can just imagine the emotions people were feeling seeing that ending for the first time in the cinema, especially knowing they now had a long wait to see the conclusion, it's quite a powerful scene!

subzero

Sith Lord
Scarifpacific said:
subzero said:
Mine is this whole scene, with that awesome music... :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvJDItC6tE0

Love that flip the Falcon does before flying into the cave/Exogorth!

Ha, that was one of the bits I always loved, I remember thinking how real it looked when it's flying in there plus the manoeuvre is cool too.

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
Who could forget the great moment the tool kit Hans using slides off into the hyperdrive compartment and the next thing you hear is him shouting in pain!!! I love the fact the humour complements the action supernbly!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom