The Mandalorian Live Action TV Series

subzero

Sith Lord
I already have a hardon looking at this. :lol:

Hopefully the show is just as awesome as the photo looks!

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Awesome can't wait for the series

Chicago panel is on the agenda as well

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-panel-confirmed-for-star-wars-celebration-chicago

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Looks phenomenal!!!! There's film of the sizzle reel on youtube now- catch it before Lucasfilm get it taken down!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQzVs7pQVUQ

Dantooine

Padawan
That's more like it. Did anyone spot
IG-88!

This looks way better than the episode 9 trailer. I wasn't too interested in this and had forgotten that it had a panel at Celebration but it's the best thing that's been shown.

Plus Werner Herzog as an ex Imperial Officer is inspired casting. I'm hyped.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
This looks so ****ing good! If that isn't the Mos Eisley Cantina then it's another cantina just like it. That would be so ****ing cool if Mos Eisley features in it. Star Wars meets classic western meets gritty heist movie. It looks to have a bit of a Shadows Of The Empire feel to it to my eye. Jon Favreau explained in the panel that he a fan of the OT first and foremost and they really wanted to honour that era and vibe with this. With Jon and Dave Faloni at the helm I have high hopes for this. I'm more excited for this than anything else Star Wars right now.

Dantooine

Padawan
Darth Bobby said:
Why didn't they show it in the live-stream?

Offscreen footage is up on YouTube so you should try and watch it before it's pulled by Disney, though it could just be a marketing thing because they joked about people not videoing it in the panel.

I actually watched the panel after seeing the leaked trailer and extended scene with Herzog - the other panels have been pretty terrible - but this had a sequence where they went through building a model ship and filming it in the old style with a motion control camera. Faverau looks like he's got this spot on... I can't see anything bad in it!

The Mandalorian even carries Boba Fett's weapon from the Holiday Special.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
I suggest anyone who hasn't yet watched the panel, and heard what Favreau and Filoni have to say about this, get on it ASAP. The way they talked about the production design, the heavy nods to the OT, the old school VFX techniques, getting George involved...sounds amazing!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
When this series was announced, I was dubious about it. However, the more I've seen and heard about it, the more hope I have that this might not only be good, but really good. I'm not counting any chickens just yet of course, but the footage shown at Celebration does look excellent. Fingers crossed they can produce a show worthy of the Star Wars name.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom