Lando General Carded

revilluk

Padawan
I was successful in an auction for a bunch of loose figures, which included one carderd figures, the pictured, lando general.

I collect and display loose figures, but have no use for this carded figure.

Any ideas what it is worth.

The bubble has not been cut or cracked, but it is dented. It looks old, original, although there is a mark down one side that may suggest it was resealed. I am far from an expert!

Also, should i list it here for trade or sale?

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_1557.jpg
    IMG_1557.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 946
  • IMG_1558.jpg
    IMG_1558.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 955
  • IMG_1559.jpg
    IMG_1559.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 944
  • IMG_1560.jpg
    IMG_1560.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 946
  • IMG_1555.jpg
    IMG_1555.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 945

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Nice MOC. Think you'll find a queue here waiting for him to come up when you decide to part with it. I too would be interested.

That doesn't look resealed to me. Are you talking about the marks between the left hand edge of the card and the bubble? Looks more like damage done when applying the bubble and it's not to worry about.

I'm probably a bit out of touch with prices, but if that went on eBay I'd expect to see it achieve £200 or so. Yep, you could get lucky and find one for £140 or you could throw money and pay £280 for the same one, but a realistic estimate is around £200, IMO.

He used to be quite cheap but is surprisingly hard to find, especially in such condition. I know he was the last of the Last 17 I bought on Trilogo.

To be perfectly honest, I'd be tempted to list on ebay. Yes, it's nice to list things here but with Trilogos enjoying an extended bout of popularity you will, typically, get best value there.

revilluk

Padawan
Thank you, i really appreciate your insight.

yes, i was referring to the mark down the left hand side. i am sure you are correct it is original because there is no damage anywhere else to suggest it has been taken off in the first place.

he is the only carded figure i have owned so he is common as muck to me; i will take your word they are sort after!

it seems unfair that genuine collectors would like him in their collection when i only collect loose figures.

the only reason i would hang on to him is if carded figure values keep going up.

ideally, i would trade him, but selling on ebay would be an option.

thanks again

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Keep him, it's a great condition Tri Logo that is quite difficult to get hold of, as Scruffy has alreay said.
You will kick yourself if you sell it (unless it was to me of course) :lol: :roll: :lol:

revilluk

Padawan
thank you both for your help and advice...you are starting to change my mind about selling/trading him!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Keep him, it's a great condition Tri Logo that is quite difficult to get hold of, as Scruffy has alreay said.
You will kick yourself if you sell it (unless it was to me of course) :lol: :roll: :lol:

Nooooo, he'll kick himself if he doesn't sell to me :D

As for rising values, that's always a tough one. SW collecting, like any collecting, experiences cycles. Something will become flavour of the month, prices will double or triple then everyone has one that wants one and prices drop off a little. We've seen it with VCJs that were hitting as high at £2k loose and are now back to more like £1,200. OK, not the £600 they were 18 months but better than £2k.

Trilogos are enjoying a longer run of popularity and no reason to believe prices will calm down anytime soon. I wouldn't advocate holding onto it for purely the purposes of profit but I guess why not? A far better idea would be to start collecting them. You've already knocked a bit of a tough one off the list so carry on. You can buy TLs for as little at £30-£40 :)

What sort of trades are you after for him? If it's loose you want I have quite a lot of spares....

subzero

Sith Lord
3, 2, 1, FIGHT!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Wow everyone wants this one, good luck with your sale or happy days if you keep it, it's a cracker!

Iv'e recently developed a love for trilogo's just like many others have, they seem to be in a good trend recently, so i'd personally hold onto it for a year or two then sell it for more than you could today, then you'd have more cash for some loosies. :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
Maybe a trade is a good way to go on here as someone might be able to help you out with some loose figures you're after. There's a trade section on here you could put it in or maybe let people know what you're looking for.

Nice looking card though and if you do sell it on remember to pack it carefully for shipping as these bubble can be fragile. There's a link on here somewhere about the best way to ship things that someone should be able to show you if you do have any shipping concerns (you may already know all about that area though).

Best of luck with it and furthering your collection.

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom