Header image

Loose PBP Snowtrooper valuation please.

Ask expert collectors for advice on pricing items.
User avatar
Clarkspie&chips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 822
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:22 pm

Re: Loose PBP Snowtrooper valuation please.

Postby Clarkspie&chips » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:35 pm

Jut be careful the buyer doesn’t keep the original cape and send you back a repro

Nottsey
New User
New User
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Loose PBP Snowtrooper valuation please.

Postby Nottsey » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:40 pm

Clarkspie&chips wrote:Jut be careful the buyer doesn’t keep the original cape and send you back a repro


That's my fear at the moment...

User avatar
TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1122
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: Somewhere Down The Rabbit Hole

Re: Loose PBP Snowtrooper valuation please.

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:02 pm

The vinyl skirt for the PBP Hoth Stormtrooper has large holes and does not zip. This is because it does not have the typical cross hatch pattern found on most typical Kenner capes.

I have attached a photo of a double page spread from the Javier Ruilopez Made in Spain book which features a pic of the cape and also a description of the cape, referencing the lack of cross hatch pattern. It does not mention that it does not zip but if you collect Spanish PBP figures it is a well known fact that it should not zip.

The PBP figure while not rare, is harder to come by than the normal Kenner variant, and is therefore worth more money.
Attachments
5AD568E9-EAFD-42A2-B3C8-B4BF56CC5008.jpeg
5AD568E9-EAFD-42A2-B3C8-B4BF56CC5008.jpeg (186.79 KiB) Viewed 150 times

Nottsey
New User
New User
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Loose PBP Snowtrooper valuation please.

Postby Nottsey » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:26 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:The vinyl skirt for the PBP Hoth Stormtrooper has large holes and does not zip. This is because it does not have the typical cross hatch pattern found on most typical Kenner capes.

I have attached a photo of a double page spread from the Javier Ruilopez Made in Spain book which features a pic of the cape and also a description of the cape, referencing the lack of cross hatch pattern. It does not mention that it does not zip but if you collect Spanish PBP figures it is a well known fact that it should not zip.

The PBP figure while not rare, is harder to come by than the normal Kenner variant, and is therefore worth more money.


Thank you for that. I suspect I have a buyer who has heard of pbp but doesn't know much about it...a bit like me until I started getting advice from this forum. I just want my figure back now, whilst not a fan of grading (I feel so sad seeing those figures trapped in a box) I can see how useful they are in that once graded there's not much room for arguing something's not original. Thinking long and hard about grading my R2 now that im selling. :?

User avatar
TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1122
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: Somewhere Down The Rabbit Hole

Re: Loose PBP Snowtrooper valuation please.

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:17 pm

Nottsey wrote:I can see how useful they are in that once graded there's not much room for arguing something's not original. Thinking long and hard about grading my R2 now that im selling. :?

There’s plenty of examples out there with reproductions graded along with other errors. Everyone makes mistakes, even the supposed experts :oops:

ChallengerFox
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:54 am

Re: Loose PBP Snowtrooper valuation please.

Postby ChallengerFox » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:44 am

If it’s a pop up R2 you are best selling on here , I’d be too concerned selling something like that on eBay because as someone has already mentioned there has been cases of people returning them and swapping with a repro , it’s frustrating as eBay always usually side with the buyer too.

Nottsey
New User
New User
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Loose PBP Snowtrooper valuation please.

Postby Nottsey » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:42 am

Well my snowtrooper arrived back today and I'm relieved to have the original cape back. :lol: Thankfully I took plenty of photos of it and there were a couple of tiny marks on it that have helped me to identify it. Lesson learnt...not to use ebay for anything that has the potential to be ripped off. So, I'm going to list the figure on the selling page here. Would I be wrong to list it for what I got on eBay? (£46 plus postage plus 4%). Thanks all :D

User avatar
TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1122
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: Somewhere Down The Rabbit Hole

Re: Loose PBP Snowtrooper valuation please.

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:12 pm

Nottsey wrote:Well my snowtrooper arrived back today and I'm relieved to have the original cape back. :lol: Thankfully I took plenty of photos of it and there were a couple of tiny marks on it that have helped me to identify it. Lesson learnt...not to use ebay for anything that has the potential to be ripped off. So, I'm going to list the figure on the selling page here. Would I be wrong to list it for what I got on eBay? (£46 plus postage plus 4%). Thanks all :D

Bet that’s a relief. I personally think you’ll be lucky to get £46 for it, unless you put it on an auction site like Jabba’s. I think a price of around £35 is more sensible and more likely to gain some interest. But I could be wrong and good luck with the sale whatever you decide :D


Return to “Vintage Valuation Requests”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron