some advice please if poss

adgames

Youngling
Hi all ive come across your forum & u all seem a friendly bunch!so can i ask some advice please?

Ive dug out my starwars figures that ive had from childhood @ 31 now & a new house in the pipeline ive decided to sell my collection,ive been searching all over ebay intrenet ect but still havnt a clue on what my stuff is worth?I see all these ratings on each figure 85,95??,overall i would say my collection is in really good condition apart from a few that i abused as a lad lol.I have 13 out of the last 17 figures which i was pleased to find out.the figures have been kept in the baggies for years now to keep them in a nice condition

Any advice would be great if u all dont mind pics below

Thanks in advance Adam

DSC00330.jpg

DSC00331.jpg

DSC00332.jpg

DSC00333.jpg

DSC00334.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

DSC00336.jpg

DSC00337.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00339.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

DSC00341.jpg

DSC00342.jpg

DSC00343.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

DSC00345.jpg

DSC00346.jpg

Joe

Grand Master
Welcome to the forum!

My advice would be - Get yourself one of these: http://www.figuredisplay.com/

And get those on display ;) You have a great collection and it's a shame to sell - get the bug back and join us!

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Hi Adam.

Welcome to the forum!

Your completely right mate, everyone on the forum is very nice and helpful. All genuine,honest and trustworthy people and great to deal with.

I will let some of the seasoned professional price up your stuff as I would be very interested in buying ALL of your last 17 figures and possibly, if available your whole collection.

Good luck!

Bram

e30318is

Sith Lord
Adam,

What an awesome collection! I live in hope I will drop on a job lot like this!

There are some great figures there, the condition looks pretty good from the pictures.
With the Last 17 the weapons are critical to the value of the figures- Luke poncho complete is £30, missing the poncho and belt and you are down to £5-10. Similar applies to A Wing Pilot and the Imperial Gunner.
BTW you have the wrong hood on Warok ;)
Get them cleaned up and on display buddy 8)

e30318is

Sith Lord
BTW the Yak face looks totally minty... very nice!

If these are your childhood figures they are priceless!
Now get yourself the rest and complete the set, they will look even better then!

Join us...... :lol:

plantman

Sith Lord
Thats a nice collection, you have quite a bit of cash in that lot, especially the Yak as pointed out.

if you truely do want to sell get a proper "public" valuation first, dont listen to anyone offering £20 for your Yak ect.

Andy

e30318is

Sith Lord
plantman said:
if you truely do want to sell get a proper "public" valuation first, dont listen to anyone offering £20 for your Yak ect.Andy

I would happily give you £21 for the Yak :lol:

Theres about £200-250 in the L17 alone, more if you can find the weapons not pictured.
The others proably average out about a fiver each if they are complete (and you sold them seperately)

adgames

Youngling
Thanks for all the advice so far guys n gals

Sadly i am looking to sell all my stuff would love to complete the collection but $$$ out ways it

some of the last 17 have some weapons,unsure if they are the correct ones is there a link i can see what weapons go with what last 17 figures?Luke has no poncho but has the belt & the brown driod is missing a arm!

Ive inspected Yak a little closer his joints are still the head is rock solid wont twist unless using force,prob cus he was a ugly mofo i never played with him lol i havnt a clue how to rate him but i would say top notch there is a mark on his left leg it doesnt look like a chip as its smooth,sadly defo no staff with him

Ive taken some closer pics of him...is yak a highly rated figure to have then?

022.jpg

020.jpg

023.jpg

e30318is

Sith Lord
If it was bought in the uk it would have been a trilogo- these weren't packed with a weapon (except for the miscard but ignore that for now!)

That looks bloody lovely! Yak face is one of the most sort after production figures that was widely available. It wasnt sold on a kenner USA card. It looks an easy afa85, maybe a 90.
If you list it on eBay.com you should get over 200$. make sure you take good photos though- crap photos mean crap finishing price. Also list all the defects clearly.

Hope that helps ;)

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Hey Adam! Welcome to the Forum! :) Thats a very nice collection there! I loved the Yak mate! 8) Please try and stick around if you can mate! When I first started I gave myself a monthy budget and went from there :wink: :)

e30318is

Sith Lord
Liam I was expecting your last sentence to end:

I set myself a budget per month and have blown it every month!

I'm not so structured- if I have the money and I want it I buy it. If I don't I try and sell a couple of cards off. If not I don't get!

I do find it tough to pass a good deal......

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
Hi Adam,

I take it you are in the US?

I'm not so good at valuing the loosies but as people have already said you have a nice amount there - your best bet is to sell them on here as if you put them on ebay you'd be handing over a lot in ebay fees.

With regards to the figures on cards, as they are not in the best of shape you should expect about:

Dengar - £20 I would have thought no more because of the condition of the card
Ackbar - £20-£25
Prune Face - £10-£14
8D8 - £10-£14
Ree-Yees - £20-£22

These are just my valuations and by no means are they exact... to be honest i've not seen too many Dengar's on a tri-logo - Joe should be able to give you a good valuation that one

If the bubbles are cracked or peeling off in any way then you can probably take a good 50-60% off the above prices.

All the best and hope you think about selling them on here

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
e30318is said:
Liam I was expecting your last sentence to end:

I set myself a budget per month and have blown it every month!

I'm not so structured- if I have the money and I want it I buy it. If I don't I try and sell a couple of cards off. If not I don't get!

I do find it tough to pass a good deal......

Yeh i tried to stick to my budget but I failed tbh :mrgreen: I got well and truly mate :D

Must agree with you on that tho cant pass up a good deal myself :)

adgames

Youngling
silver grin said:
Hi Adam,

I take it you are in the US?

I'm not so good at valuing the loosies but as people have already said you have a nice amount there - your best bet is to sell them on here as if you put them on ebay you'd be handing over a lot in ebay fees.

With regards to the figures on cards, as they are not in the best of shape you should expect about:

Ackbar - £20-£25
Prune Face - £10-£14
8D8 - £10-£14
Ree-Yees - £20-£22

These are just my valuations and by no means are they exact... to be honest i've not seen too many Dengar's on a tri-logo - Joe should be able to give you a good valuation that one

If the bubbles are cracked or peeling off in any way then you can probably take a good 50-60% off the above prices.

All the best and hope you think about selling them on here

Im in the uk m8 west mids wolves

rather than go on ebay i would prefer to sell them on here,pass them onto true collectors ect

Joe

Grand Master
silver grin said:
Ackbar - £20-£25
Prune Face - £10-£14
8D8 - £10-£14
Ree-Yees - £20-£22

I would agree give or take a few pounds on the Carded figures, unfortunately nothing rare or in good enough condition there to be excited about. :(

You have an almost complete loose set there and it's quite unusual for a non collector to have so many Power Of the Force (last 15/17) figures - you must have been quite taken by these toys as a kid to see it through to that range of figures!

You would do yourself some favours by matching up accessories and weapons for each figure correctly by using this list :

http://www.rebelscum.com/ch-vint.asp

That way you can also dust off your memory on the correct names :)

Then just go to ebay, type the names in for each figure in this category : http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Figures-Loose-/50277/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A15%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1&rt=nc&_catref=1&_dmpt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&_sc=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=10&_sc=1 and hit "completed listings" and compare complete original loose figures till you get some averages.

You could then come back here with some prices yourself and see what we think - we will tell you if things are too high or too low!

Good luck :)

Jez

Sith Lord
Adam,

You must be very happy with your decision to come here for advice.
You have received some cracking tips from various collectors from around the globe.
One of the same points raised was only sell if you absolutely have to, as these are only going to go up in value and you may end up wanting to collect again.
I sold my collection years ago (it wasn't any where near as good as yours) but nearly 2 years ago my son's discovery of Star Wars got me the bug again, i wish i hadn't sold up!
If you do decide to sell, you'd do well to shift them here. The community is incredibly trusting and far safer than Ebay.
Best of luck, i hope you make the right decision for you.
Jez

e30318is

Sith Lord
Well said dude- it helps you have good stuff!
If it was episode 1 figures that would be a different story!

Also if you sell on eBay you will have to give up 10% in eBay fees :(

It's free on here!

If I were you I would keep at least one figure.... I have one beat up yellowed Luke (complete with sabre minus tip- I chewed that off about ten mins after i bought it) I wouldn't sell it for the world.

adgames

Youngling
Wow it's been years since I posted this!!!!

I never sold my collection in then end but now I'm serious about selling i hear the prices have sky rocketed the past years?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom