Advice and guidance please 12A and 12B

RobF1968

Youngling
Hello Everybody,

I am a newbie to the site and have some general questions about original Palitoy (I'm in the UK) figures from 1977 - 1978 which I purchased when I was 9 - 10 years old. My parents had a clear out of some old boxes and came across them from when I was a child.

Apologies if I seem totally new to all of this - it's because I am! I obviously dont want to get ripped off.

I just wondered if they have monetary value and if you can advise me how they can be graded - rough idea of pricing would be great.

My problem is how do I find out how to price them if I am new to all of this? Most of the ads seem to be for unopened or loose items.

Is anyone in the UK or indeed abroad able to give an indication?

All have their original card backing, have been opened (but the bubble plastic is still in place on the card - just opened to get the figure out).

I have one of each of the following:

12A Sand People with weapon
12A Chewbacca with weapon
12A Luke Skywalker with intact light sabre in arm and plastic cloak
12A See Threepio (C-3PO)
12B Death Squad Commander with weapon

also

12A Han Solo missing weapon
12B Stormtrooper missing weapon

12A Darth vader black paint smudges on card and plastic bubble but figure is intact with light sabre in arm and plastic cloak

The light sabres are single piece.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79868157@N05/with/7006565536/

Please let me know if you need to see the figures out of the packaging etc.

Many Thanks

Rob

Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Hi there, there and welcome. The cards have been opened quite nicely and they will make decent reseals for collectors who can't afford MOC. Whereas MOC examples are worth hundreds/thousands of pounds, reseals are worth a faction of that, but are worth more than the loose figure and cardback without bubble due to their displayability. The Luke and Chewie could fetch more than the rest as Luke is expensive MOC and Chewie is rare. You might look in the £100 pound range for those with the others being in the £50 range looking at recent completed listings on ebay.

Hope that helps!

cheers Jason

RobF1968

Youngling
Thanks for the replies - wish I'd bought 2 sets and just played with one set lol.

Wish I could find the rest of the ones I had 35 years ago........

Much appreciated.

RobF1968

Youngling
I had the full first set - Leia, Obi Wan, R2D2 and the Jawa.....

It was a simpler time - no internet and the computer game highlight was 2 white lines knocking a dot back and forth around a black and white screen. Thats why toys like these were so great and Star Wars was such a revolutionary film - it made kids use their imagination........ in a galaxy far far away. :D

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
The Cardbacks would fetch around 15 euro as seen in this thread.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1080145/

The figures you can use ended auctions on eBay for to determine the going rate.

sith-smith

Grand Master
mr_palitoy said:
Lee Gregory said:
Bet u wished you never.opened them as a kid hey???

Don't we all!!!

:lol:

Jason

I've often thought that but, had we not opened them, our childhoods wouldn't have been filled with playing Star Wars. Had they not brought us so much joy back then, we wouldn't be collecting them now!

It's a bit of a catch really!!

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Totally right Gary!
They would not have been treated as toys, they would have been treated as the majority of POTF2 and beyond 'toys' were/are treated now, just bought by adults and shelved as a potential investment!
The magic of our childhood memories regarding the toys would not exist!!
What a horrible thought :cry:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom