Grand Master
Gonna pull the trigger on this one I think - has some small rips under the arms

Can anyone see any red flags with the cloak - pretty much certain it is genuine

Foto_1_zps20297ea0.jpg

Foto_2_zps67cea9a5.jpg

Foto_3_zps857109b9.jpg

itfciain

Grand Master
Got some more pictures here - it is very hard to tell sometimes unless these things are in hand

Foto_1_zps53922176.jpg

Foto_2_zps03f7b18a.jpg

Foto_3_zps8e6035f8.jpg

Foto_41_zps9faf11ca.jpg

Foto_5_zpse45f1bd8.jpg

With regards to the eyes thing - which Jawa should come with the Vinyl Cape ?

e30318is

Sith Lord
The cape looks legit to me Iain, as mentioned the figure is incorrect. They do turn up on eBay quite often though so you shoudnt stuggle to find the right figure to go with the cape.
I reckon you can get the cape to display well with some hot water and a heavy book :wink:

itfciain

Grand Master
Cheers Ed & Greg - reckon I'll pull the trigger on this one then - probably have the right Jawa in my collection already

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
e30318is said:
The cape looks legit to me Iain, as mentioned the figure is incorrect. They do turn up on eBay quite often though so you shoudnt stuggle to find the right figure to go with the cape.
I reckon you can get the cape to display well with some hot water and a heavy book :wink:

The only legit VCJ I have had in my hands had small eyes, its common sense not to apply the eyes as a guide on a figure where the biggest asset is removable. For me the colour of the cloak is spot on, it does look glossy but that is probably dependant on the lighting and camera settings.

I use a hair dryer on my capes, gets them nice and warm then go for the heavy book treatment.

itfciain

Grand Master
Cheers all - have pulled the trigger so this little blighter will be winging his way to me after the weekend (if I can make paypal send payment from my bank rather than my credit card - grrrrrr)

Drakon

Jedi Knight
Good luck!! I would have waited and asked for better pictures of the inside of the cape. It looks smooth to me. Everybody else is correct about the eyes...they are too small. they need to be bigger and oval shaped like a "lemon". Please post pictures when you get the piece. If the cape is legit when you get it at least you can switch out the figure.

kylesbullets

Padawan
It is a good vinyl cape. If the cape color matches, then that is a good sign or originality. The only exception is the palitoy jawa. He has a dark brown cape. The eyes might be the wrong size because of it being on a different jawa and it comming off on whoever had it. They just put it on any jawa not knowing. This could explain the rip in the cape because of a struggle to put it on a figure it didn't belong to...... It is worth about $350 like this but with the right jawa it could be worth $400 to $500 depending on the figure condition. Rips are common around the arm due to the tight fit and the condition of the enviroment it is in.

kylesbullets

Padawan
tundra9 said:
kylesbullets said:
If the cape color matches, then that is a good sign or originality. The only exception is the palitoy jawa. He has a dark brown cape.

I hope you mean Toltoys....
OOPS! Wrong name. It was the toltoys model that has a darker cape and less common. My mistake

BlueDog

Sith Lord
:lol: It's widely believed that the Toltoys version stole his cape from the Palitoy one, hence his deportation and subsequent stint in a penal colony delayed his release until the release of ESB. Fact!

Tehehe.....penal

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom