Why do wives not understand?

A

Anonymous

hi people! I need some help with pricing my collection. I had hoped to pass them on to my Son but my Sith Wife says I can't hold on to my childish dreams anymore. These are some quick photos. If they need to be clearer let me know.
FGRS.jpg
/im
SS-TF.jpg
]
SKFF.jpg
obucket.com/albums/p116/dodgy_chris/SN
RCR.jpg
Y.jpg[/IMG]g]
M-FALCON.jpg
FB.jpg
CPLT.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p116/dodgy_chris/INT-MF.jpg[/IMG]
FLY.jpg
VCLS.jpg
INT-MF.jpg
SNY.jpg
CPLT.jpg

there are a few other items such as an unused 1981 ESB kitform lampshade, some annuals ROTJ pop-up book etc . I'll post some photos soon.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Welcome to the forum Dodge, very nice collection!

I don't know about an over all value, but some of your vehicles (and their boxes) are still in great nick. Do they comne with inserts? If so they would probably attract a higher price. The Falcon looks to be complete as well, those aren't easy to find.
You'd probably get more for the figures (depending on which ones have weapons) if you sold them seperately, especially the last 17.

You don't have to do what the wife says though!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
dodge said:
When you say inserts, what do you mean? Forgive my ignorance.

No probs, the inserts are the cardboard bits that stopped some of the larger ships/vehicles from rattling about in the box. The B-wing, and AT-AT would have come with them.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
i tell our lass if she stops buying shoes and clothes she never wheres i will pack in buying toys and if she still tries i tell her to **** off

A

Anonymous

She's a good lass really. I do need to sell them though.
As for inserts, they are abent unfortunatly. I have been checking out a German Lili ledy site and I think I have a couple. Also I have two different Biker Scouts. Where can I find out about the various variants?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Plenty of variant collectors on here. Take a few pictures and post them on here, the guys will let you know what you got and what you can probably expect to get for them.

LeeBullock

Padawan
My wife positively encourages me to collect!!! She collects herself - mostly old Ladybird books and Denys Fisher Dr Who toys. Seriously if you are doing something constructive that makes you happy then your missus shouldnt really have a problem with it (unless you are spending the mortgage or bills money). If a partner of mine insisted on me getting rid of my collection she would be told to take a long walk off a short pier. :D :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
jabbawokkie said:
weasel said:
Just ****ing right Lee! :D :lol:

You'll fit in well here! (Hard luck!)

thats easy for you to say your lass still plays with toys :wink:

I could turn that round to something very dirty, but I wont!
I'll pretend to be mature! :lol:

gustie

Sith Lord
dodge said:
She's a good lass really. I do need to sell them though.
As for inserts, they are abent unfortunatly. I have been checking out a German Lili ledy site and I think I have a couple. Also I have two different Biker Scouts. Where can I find out about the various variants?

what variants u wanting to find out about?

lee gray

Sith Lord
Bad luck your wife making you sell them, i wouldnt let my wife tell me to sell my stuff if i had a wife :)

Infact untill last week i was going out with this girl for a very short period of time and i brought her in my room and showed her one of my toys explaing how much they are worth and she picked it up and started sort of shaking it to my disgust and worry and i asked her not to do that and she goes its only a toy and i was reaching to get it while she was moving it about out of my reach (admittedly i must have looked like a baby wanting my toy lol) and was so relieved when i got it back of her

really hate ppl who have no respect for my things, needless to say she never came back again so i never got my oats lol

Ron

Sith Lord
nice collection i would not sell it why dont you just make the collection smaller sell the ships and keep the figures

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom