Ukg85 sealed A Wing

yoda1414

Padawan
Just got word bk from S Ward that my sealed A Wing scored an 85% I've seen a few 80s and was wondering have use any ideas on a 85%.

Cheers

kieatky

Jedi Master
I've just been bidding on an open unused A-Wing, finishing price was £265 so a sealed 85 graded one should be well in excess of that :shock:

yoda1414

Padawan
Yea I was watching that one i paid a bit more for mine so hopefully it being sealed and graded a 85% it b worth a good bit more.

yoda1414

Padawan
Pics added of UKG 85 A Wing....any more ideas on value?

426fa4de0de42477d57d5e0b7d7a769b_zps057a6804.jpg

8ece4d13500ecbafb64e6f0f7bc4a1df_zpsfd5bc2f2.jpg

b1b0bbd44f81d8bdbb7b0b65c306db5b_zps71632af3.jpg

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Nice example. :shock: I'd say £600 and upwards. There's so phew on the market at the moment. I'd say between £600 & £800. So hard to say thow.

Richard_H

Grand Master
I must admit that I don't like the question. Surely the price of one is how much you paid for it inc. the UKG fees?
To buy sealed items, grade them in the hope they score highly, and then ask for valuation prices is totally against everything I believe in this hobby. I think this is helping drive the prices up and sadly there are people who will pay the £600+ this could command instead of buying a boxed for a more realistic price.

Just my opinion though.

yoda1414

Padawan
Everybody is entitled to there opinion but iam not asking for a value then just go and flog it for a profit. I get my items graded to protect them and display them iam not in the hobby to make money i enjoy sending my vehicles into get graded. Iam only looking for people's thoughts on values on them I've a very good idea on what there worth and what I'd want for them but as i said iam just looking peoples opinion.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
yoda1414 said:
Everybody is entitled to there opinion but iam not asking for a value then just go and flog it for a profit. I get my items graded to protect them and display them iam not in the hobby to make money i enjoy sending my vehicles into get graded. Iam only looking for people's thoughts on values on them I've a very good idea on what there worth and what I'd want for them but as i said iam just looking peoples opinion.

No what you mean, well said. :D

Joe

Grand Master
I actually get what Rich is saying here guys.

Although money is essential when you collect, collecting shouldn't be about the money. If you know what your stuff is worth and you aren't selling, what do the opinions of other collectors matter? Is there much point in posting a valuation thread each time something comes back from AFA for you?

The only reason people should ever need to ask for a valuation is if they are going to sell and want to know what an item is worth, otherwise it is going to look like you need some kind of justification for the price you paid or are trying to advertise an item for sale under the guise of a valuation request.

It's easy to say "i'm not selling" but that could easily translate into "i'm not selling unless someone who likes what they see offers me a bundle of cash"..

Either way, it's a pretty awesome piece as are all the high grade MISB stuff you are lucky enough to own but please do rethink the valuation threads, I've just noticed you asking on RS too and I'd rather our section was used by those who really needed help on values otherwise it'll soon be full of threads like this one.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I suppose the only exception to that rule would be:

I have just bought xyz from eBay/a flea market/private sale and took a bit of a punt. Have I overpaid.

changing the subject slightly, I do wonder with certain items, and I'm not saying it's the case here, but something unusual gets put up f/s then how many times it gets flipped and how much premium is on it till it gets to someone who wants to keep it. That trilogo jaws joe brokered is a good example of something that could have been brought three or four times in a short length of time till it found a home.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Some collectors might won't to no if they have been ripped of or not as well. Collecting shouldn't be about money but at the end of the day everyone wont's there money to go as far as possible. I've never sold a star wars item but still like a good deal when I see one. Getting harder thow. :roll:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom