MOMC Palitoy ROTJ Boba Fett

jonesy

Padawan
This was my prized possession in the SW collection where I forked out a huge £40 from Jim Stevenson around 1996. I used to buy the Model & Collectors Mart magazine and see Jim's advert. No photos of the carded figures just a list and a price. Luckily I got a beauty with no dings or creases. What always annoyed me though was Fett's head was turned. Little things.

But, it's time to sell and I'd like to know a rough figure on how much I should ask.

FS-Boba-Fett_zps7f716faa.jpg

FS-Boba-Fett-rear_zpsa0df3c72.jpg

Thanks,
Neil.

jonesy

Padawan
Can I ask when did 'Toni' begin doing this as I bought this from Jim Stevenson roughly around 1996?

Is there any way to confirm either way?

Bootyhunter

Jedi Master
jonesy said:
Can I ask when did 'Toni' begin doing this as I bought this from Jim Stevenson roughly around 1996?

Is there any way to confirm either way?

Mr Palitoy is the best person to ask about Toni's figures, fingers crossed...

Bootyhunter

Jedi Master
This link should help
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy/rotj45ccardback.htm
It looks like yours has the slimmer bubble type which has been associated with Toni's
But I may be wrong.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I'm pretty sure this is but I will wait for others to chip in. Toni sold to dealers and collectors alike. Who the moc came from is no garuntee that it is safe as so many of his pieces have ended up all over the shop.

Jason is your best bet for an answer here.

Sorry. The blokes a ****ing parasite.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Toni started making these early 90s we think. That's rhe narrow double stemmed bubbke that Toni used which isn't good. However there does seem to be some pressing on the back of the card round the bubble area which is the sign of a factory seal.

Can you get better pics of the back of the card?

Jason

Captainsolo1978

Jedi Master
I have a couple of Palitoy 45 backs I bought directly from TT years ago.

They have pressure indents on the back as well. I think someone on here previously thought he had a machine for sealing cards.

The large rectangular bubbles with the square bottom appear to be the same as Kenner ones seen on some 77 backs (like my Han Bespin).

Bootyhunter

Jedi Master
If it is a toni (which I hope it isn't)
Maybe there is wear on the side of the head you can't see..

jonesy

Padawan
as promised, here's three more photos. There is bubble pressing on the rear of the card but it's really difficult to capture on camera.

Fett1_zps501ea86a.jpg

Fett3_zps3054dd30.jpg

and I've noticed a small crack in the bubble.

Fett2_zpsbdf96ee0.jpg

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Overall I have to say no. Some testimony on this thread that some of Toni's cards have pressing on the back. And this is a Toni bubble that I have yet to see on a shop sold or used cardback.

Jason

jonesy

Padawan
Jason, are you saying no it's not a Toni put together?

I want to sell Boba but I do not want to fleece potential buyers.

Is there any record of Jim Stevenson MOMC being Toni specials?

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
There are two negatives in that question so not sure what the question is. Based on the card alone I can't say it is a genuine factory seal regardless of who sold it to you. Where did Jim Stevenson get it from? If you can trace it all the way back to a non Toni source then that would go in it's favour.

Jason

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
No real way of telling value other than putting it on ebay with full disclosure and letting it find it's value.

Jason sold an AFA 90. Think he got about £350 but he will be able to answer better soon.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
eBay buyers like their AFA 90 grades regardless so I think it would go for less than mine did which was £310.

Jason

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I think you will not find a forthcoming answer here because its such an unknown factor at the moment. If its legit, somewhere around £300+ but if its not real then a fraction of that. Its a real tricky one. I can understand why none here wants to stick their neck out and say.

I sold two toy tonis I had in my collection. I didn't feel comfortable selling them on the forum so I put them on ebay to find a price. They sold ok. I got just over £30 for each. I would have put their value at somewhere around £75 - £80 so approx 40% ish of the value.

Probably not the answer you are looking for but I do think ebay is your best bet. Describe it clearly and run it for a week or so. The forum allows links to ebay listings so you can promote it here.

Good luck with your sale.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom