Star Wars Display.

mamlewis

Youngling
I work in a toy shop in a small town in Wales. The other day we were clearing a room, when we found an old Star Wars Display unit. The Owner has told me he got it from Palitoy Back in the 70s. It has never been opened and has been in storage for years. Sadly, it dosen't have Boba Fett in it, and the Falcon Cas been sawn in half. The Boss wants to sell it, but I have no Idea what the value is. Any Info would be much appreciated. Thanks

http://imgur.com/a/OuIdz#QCeqfZa

plantman

Sith Lord
that looks awesome :) get clarification on it and dont listen to offers from scalpers, get feedback some of the palitoy experts on here first before agreeing anything!

Andy

poncho

Grand Master
Thats cool as 8) awesome find. Toy shop finds are the best. We have a number of pali residents and sure theyll chime in. Where in wales are you?

itfciain

Grand Master
I am sure I have seen something like this before - I want to say linked to someone like Dave Tree or Jason Joiner

itfciain

Grand Master
Renowned collectors and experts on Palitoy - although there are loads of others out there too

Palifan

Sith Lord
Wow! :eek:

I didn't realise they stuck the figures down in those displays, I thought it was the shop owners making the figure arrangements.

That display is worth quite a lot of money although i've no idea how you would put a value to it but I would have thought it would run into the thousands as I've never seen one for sale (or for that matter seen more than one or two in anyone's collection).

To find out he value it's either chance it on ebay but make sure it's listed really well or maybe it's off to Vectis auction house as something like this would get a lot of interest.

Such a great find and I think Jason Joiner is definitely the person that should take a look at this thread as I think he may have one of these (although maybe he has a couple of half plastic domes?)

Ian

Palifan

Sith Lord
Here's JJ's plastic dome thing I was thinking of - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18690&start=45

It's not the same thing as the one in this thread as it's a complete half dome. Maybe Jason would have more info though?

Ian

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
That is fantastic. I have no idea what it is but it looks cool.

Is this something Palitoy got a local craftsman to knock up to pass on to stores or is it more of a one off item for a show or travelling salesman.

Im guessing the Falcon got chopped in half to fit.

Its a really cool item though. Fair to say you have something pretty unique there and very desirable. Well worth taking your time with and doing some proper research on.

Good luck with your sale. If you learn any more about it could you share with us please?

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
A bunch of these were made specifically for use in toy shop Windows as a promotional piece. I have seen a few turn up. Some have full domes, this is obviously just a half. It s a cool thing. Shame about the yellowed figures as that does effect the displayability. I'm sure some of the Pali heads will chime in soon .

I'm still a little sad that I missed out on rich (hulk17) one a few years back. That was seriously cool and had animatronics!

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
It was like this one but dare I say, cooler

http://www2.mintinbox.net/site/reportages/celebration_europe/palitoy/images/007_DSC00285.jpg

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Ah, my favourite toy shop in Pembrokeshire!

Probably saw this when it was displayed in the 80's as used to holiday in Saundersfoot every year!

Was in there about a month ago with the kids, glad you didn't have this out then as prob wouldn't have left!!

Don't sell it cheap (unless it's to me!)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom