Header image

Price check: Potf Gamorrean Guard moc

Ask expert collectors for advice on pricing items.
Hooch
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Price check: Potf Gamorrean Guard moc

Postby Hooch » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:40 am

Hi everyone
Firstly great forum with plenty of info.
I am only new to this site but do know quiet a few people on here from FB and another forum, more of a looker than a poster as I am always learning
I have searched ebay with no luck trying to find a fair value for this moc Gammy as the last few have been graded. Card has some wear and veins, bubble is completely crack free
Sorry my first post is asking about a price but I did post yesterday on another forum and thought it would be good to get more opinions. I am in no rush to sell or trade so please don't pm bombarding me with offers or low ball like I have on another site, will offer it up when I need to, just would like to know what I am looking at in the future

Thanks in advance
Scott
ImageImage
Hooch, somehow you always make ewoks look cool 8)

My feedback: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=23429

My most wanted: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23845

itfciain
Approved Trader
Approved Trader

Re: Price check: Potf Gamorrean Guard moc

Postby itfciain » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:57 am

Hey Scott - good to see you posting

That GG is a thing of beauty and it is very hard to find them crack free. Erik (the Douche) over on RS has one of these recently - no ideas what he sold it for (but probably half the price he'd tell you)

I would say that this is at least a £1000 figure and probably a bit more given the condition. My main concern would be protecting it during shipping - these harder to find POTF cards are notorious for cracking
"I'll probably be broke and homeless but I'll have a hell of a collection!"

For all your display requirements - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26287

And for vintage goodness - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/iainitfc/_i.html?_sop=3&rt=nc

Hooch
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Hooch » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:34 am

itfciain wrote:Hey Scott - good to see you posting

That GG is a thing of beauty and it is very hard to find them crack free. Erik (the Douche) over on RS has one of these recently - no ideas what he sold it for (but probably half the price he'd tell you)

I would say that this is at least a £1000 figure and probably a bit more given the condition. My main concern would be protecting it during shipping - these harder to find POTF cards are notorious for cracking

Hi Iain
Thanks for the reply
I have had some contact with Eric since I posted this on RS. I did see the one he had, not sure if he sold it though as it was for his collection :lol:

itfciain
Approved Trader
Approved Trader

Postby itfciain » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:13 am

Hooch wrote:
itfciain wrote:Hey Scott - good to see you posting

Hi Iain
Thanks for the reply
I have had some contact with Eric since I posted this on RS. I did see the one he had, not sure if he sold it though as it was for his collection :lol:

Whatever you do take everything that twat says with a pinch of salt - 'his collection' just contains the pieces he hasn't managed to flip yet - don't believe and BS about him being a collector
"I'll probably be broke and homeless but I'll have a hell of a collection!"

For all your display requirements - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26287

And for vintage goodness - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/iainitfc/_i.html?_sop=3&rt=nc

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby weasel » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:25 am

itfciain wrote:I would say that this is at least a £1000 figure and probably a bit more given the condition. My main concern would be protecting it during shipping - these harder to find POTF cards are notorious for cracking

Yeah, I was thinking about a grand as well. Give or take.
And I can confirm the bubbles are a bastard, off to small claims court with Parcelforce after they destroyed my Yoda.
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

slim
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby slim » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:59 am

great moc there :wink: , weaz i hope you win your case :wink:
The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend, are all that's left of their religion !

Joe
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Joe » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:42 pm

itfciain wrote:
Whatever you do take everything that twat says with a pinch of salt - 'his collection' just contains the pieces he hasn't managed to flip yet - don't believe and BS about him being a collector

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm famous in Poland!
If you want to get in contact, please email me: joe@trilogo.info - click the image below for my WTB

Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mr-shifter » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:23 pm

He posted a link I believe to the ebay auction on that gg. It might have been on Jason's Facebook group. It's graded 85 and I think he picked it up for around $900 which is sickening considering he will only be selling it.
Looking for: A fair priced ungraded trilogo Yak Face MOC (Condition is not so important - no cracked bubbles or broken seals though)

jasdev999
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby jasdev999 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:24 pm

A treat to see one of the holy grail prices. Thanks for posting it :D
This R2 unit has a bad motivator.

jasdev999
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby jasdev999 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:26 pm

And could you share the lowball offers you got on RS, just for fun?
This R2 unit has a bad motivator.

Hooch
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Hooch » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:16 am

Thanks for the help guys

@ Iain, I would take all he says with a grain of salt. I don't have anything against him personally as we have not dealt with each other but I have read a few novels/threads about Erik to know how he works.
This was our conversation
Ok, well just let me know...here are the items I have for sale/trade:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/bobafett34/m...1&_ipg=&_from=

Quote Originally Posted by Pekboy

Hi
To be honest I have had a few replies with offers of varying price so not sure what I would ask if I sell. I have had a few good trade offers so I may end up taking that route when I am ready

Quote Originally Posted by BobaFett34

How much do you want for the Gam Guard?

@ weasel, seems you and Iain are thinking the same value and to be honest its more than I would have thought myself and more than I have been offered so far

@ Mr-shifter, you are right, it was on Jason's FB page. He was talking how lucky he got with it and the price. He was showing it off with his latest addition to his collection/sales list, a Afa Tri logo Luke Bespin

@ jasdev99, I did get a lowball of $300 but maybe he doesn't know as he was a very new member or he was just playing the game a bit, I just politely replied 'thanks but no'. A few others offered more but well short of the value Iain and weasel have given

Dark Sith Lord
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Dark Sith Lord » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:32 am

Very Nice MOC there. I think forum member tatsie is looking for one of these if and when you decide to sell :wink:
"Ill probably be broke and homeless but I'll have a hell of a collection!"

tatsie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Location: Auckland New Zealand but from Newbury in Berkshire, UK

Postby tatsie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:16 am

Dark Sith Lord wrote:Very Nice MOC there. I think forum member tatsie is looking for one of these if and when you decide to sell :wink:

I'm very late on this reply - but Jesus, I just got one. It's on its way to me as I type. Photos coming soon.
Image Image
29 Mint POTF MOC figures so far. 7 Figures to go to complete the set.

Return to “Vintage Valuation Requests”