Clipper / Grey company Falcon

snlmace

Jedi Knight
Hi,

a few weeks back I stumbled upon something special I thought. A Millennium Falcon was offered for sale here in the Netherlands. It draw my attention because it had a Clipper sticker on the front. The sticker seemed to be a shipping label. From Clipper Amsterdam to Grey Advertising (aka the Grey company).

To be honest, this is not something I would fancy as much in my current collection, but decided to buy it nevertheless, since this was an item I have never seen before.
I figured, this might be good trade material and buying this item, would make it possible to get in in hands of a fellow collector who could appreciate it :)

I asked on FB for advise on this item. The following was interesting and explained to me that Grey Advertisement or the Grey Company did all the advertisment work for Kenner and Clipper, here in the Netherlands. Pleas let me quote some responses:

"The Grey Company was in charge of youth publication advertising campaigns for Clipper in the Netherlands. This Falcon was certainly used in a diorama photo session but couldn't tell which one. They used a Falcon in previous ESB advertisement but I don't remember have seen one in a Jedi era advert...."

"Grey advertising has been around for almost 100 years. Their relationship with Kenner continues at least into the 90s."

I would be really interested in trading this item at some point, but need some help with it's trade value. Please note, the falcon is missing the training ball, smugglers plate and the glass for the cockpit! But obviously the interesting part is the sticker, which seems to add some history and it seems this Falcon was never sold in a regular store, but was part of advertisement.

any additional information on this item is highly appreciated :)

Okay, here are some pics:
falcon_16.JPG

6182.JPG

14129.JPG

13131.JPG

falcon_33.JPG

falcon_23.JPG

Selestarius

Padawan
Don't know if this helps but I've seen similar ones go for about 55 - 65 pounds - maybe on the lower end of that estimate because its not mint -- whilst I get the sticker makes it a bit more unique I have the feeling that it would mainly only appeal to collectors in the Netherlands/who are familiar with that brand? could be wrong though

snlmace

Jedi Knight
Well, the sticker is what makes this special. Not the falcon itself :) I don't think it should be compared with a regular falcon.
the Grey company has a history with Kenner, being responsible for their advertisement of star wars toys (and more).
I find it really hard to put any value on this item, hence that's why I asked for help. Have anyone ever seen any other items with a similar sticker or is this something unique..

thanks for the reply though, would love to hear more opinions on this one :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom